Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 51 to 75 of 79
Like Tree28Likes
  1. Rickroller's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    3,447 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,465 Global Posts
    PIN
    Proud contributer to The Human Fund
    #51  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sandmanfvr View Post
    adjdudley21 is right, in android and ios you tap on the notification and you open the app that is needed, go back etc.
    As shown in Howarmat's pics, you can respond directly from the Notification bar. You'll see the differences in the left vs right pics. He has the option to Message his missed call (or call back directly), email a reply directly, etc. No need to close the Notification bar and then open the necessary app.
    "Hard work spotlights the character of people: some turn up their sleeves, some turn up their noses, and some don't turn up at all." -Sam Ewing
    Rollin' on Twitter
  2. Admorris's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    669 Posts
    Global Posts
    702 Global Posts
    #52  

    Default Re: How is PEEK better than iOS Notification Centre?

    Quote Originally Posted by adjdudley21 View Post
    which platform?? I have android jellybean whatever the number and i cant do that...
    That's probably a Nexus 4 (4.2.1 build number)...that's not on the latest Samsung build as of yet. Probably "coming soon".

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2
  3. adjdudley21's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    858 Posts
    PIN
    280BF90E
    #53  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rickroller View Post
    Tell you how to what? I'm not sure what you're asking?
    I said, on android and apple, you have to swipe into notifications, and click on the notification and let it open that specific app in order to respond.. people have disagreed with me but not told me how to respond in notifications without opening an app.. i have had an android and an apple device... currently have the late lg optimus for at&t and the galaxy note 1 before that, and that is not the case on my phone.. .
  4. Rickroller's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    3,447 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,465 Global Posts
    PIN
    Proud contributer to The Human Fund
    #54  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Admorris View Post
    That's probably a Nexus 4 (4.2.1 build number)...that's not on the latest Samsung build as of yet. Probably "coming soon".

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2
    They've got the LG Optimus G, which was released with 4.0.4, with an update planned to 4.1.2 Jelly Bean (not sure if the update has happened yet or not), which I don't think has those features yet..

    EDIT: Whoops, not even the Optimus G, just the ol Optimus itself..
    "Hard work spotlights the character of people: some turn up their sleeves, some turn up their noses, and some don't turn up at all." -Sam Ewing
    Rollin' on Twitter
  5. sandmanfvr's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    768 Posts
    Global Posts
    984 Global Posts
    #55  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rickroller View Post
    Tell you how to what? I'm not sure what you're asking?
    Semi5 says that you can reply to emails, texts etc from an android or ios drop down notification window.......

    See:

    Quote Originally Posted by adjdudley21 View Post
    I said, on android and apple, you have to swipe into notifications, and click on the notification and let it open that specific app in order to respond.. people have disagreed with me but not told me how to respond in notifications without opening an app.. i have had an android and an apple device... currently have the late lg optimus for at&t and the galaxy note 1 before that, and that is not the case on my phone.. .
  6. darkehawke's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    3,366 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,374 Global Posts
    #56  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Semi5 View Post
    who cares. According to the courts, Samsung "borrowed" enough from Apple to be on the hook for about $1 billion.
    yeah according to Steve Jobs Android is a rip off of iOS, even though Android was developed first.
    And only one court (USA) thought that, the rest of the worlds courts were a lot more sensible
    Primary Device: Moto X
    Backup Device: Blackberry Z10
  7. matt4pack's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    243 Posts
    Global Posts
    245 Global Posts
    #57  

    Default

    Palm did a nice job with the scrolling at the bottom. I do think it would be nice to have option for the accounts you allow to compliment what is already available.
  8. adjdudley21's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    858 Posts
    PIN
    280BF90E
    #58  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rickroller View Post
    As shown in Howarmat's pics, you can respond directly from the Notification bar. You'll see the differences in the left vs right pics. He has the option to Message his missed call (or call back directly), email a reply directly, etc. No need to close the Notification bar and then open the necessary app.
    \
    when i said leave the notification bar.. i meant when you click on a specific notification, it opens that notifications app.. thats a FACT and unless its coming in an update, it aint here for the majority of android or iPhone users..

    However, I'm so far gone from apple i hope it dies a slow painful mobile death....lol I love android and my lg, i hope they can keep innovating as well as blackberry so we can go at android and apple can quit stealing stuff and saying that invented it...lol
  9. darkehawke's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    3,366 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,374 Global Posts
    #59  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Semi5 View Post
    So you can turn it off and allow other people who like the popups (which I do) to keep them. IOS even has a do not disturb setting that you can activate if you dont want to be bothered.
    you mean bedside mo....oh wait
    Primary Device: Moto X
    Backup Device: Blackberry Z10
  10. darkehawke's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    3,366 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,374 Global Posts
    #60  

    Default

    Tbh OP, they're both slightly different and the one that is better is determined by what you prefer/need from a device.
    Primary Device: Moto X
    Backup Device: Blackberry Z10
    mikeo007 and adjdudley21 like this.
  11. Rickroller's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    3,447 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,465 Global Posts
    PIN
    Proud contributer to The Human Fund
    #61  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by adjdudley21 View Post
    I said, on android and apple, you have to swipe into notifications, and click on the notification and let it open that specific app in order to respond.. people have disagreed with me but not told me how to respond in notifications without opening an app.. i have had an android and an apple device... currently have the late lg optimus for at&t and the galaxy note 1 before that, and that is not the case on my phone.. .
    I see. AFAIK you are correct in the fact that when you tap on the notification, it takes you into said application. However, with the newest 4.2.1, you can hit "Reply" or "Message" as seen in Howarmats pics and it'll take you directly into the "reply" portion of the app. Kinda hard to explain, but its not like you reply in the Notification bar itself, if you get what i'm trying to say. Either way, it's two steps. Pull down notification bar, and reply. You don't need to close the notification bar, then go and open your app, then go and open the conversation, and then reply. From my understanding of the Hub, even then you have to open the message and then reply.
    "Hard work spotlights the character of people: some turn up their sleeves, some turn up their noses, and some don't turn up at all." -Sam Ewing
    Rollin' on Twitter
  12. knowledge_6's Avatar
    CrackBerry Master

    Posts
    1,281 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,315 Global Posts
    PIN
    2*******
    #62  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Semi5 View Post
    You don't need to completely leave an Android or iPhone app either to check the notification center. However, I did just test this on the iPhone. If watching a youtube video, it will pause the video if you pull down the notification shade (however video continuos to buffer). I do like having non-messages in my notifications center though. Like weather and stocks on the iPhone. To be honest, I still feel Android has the best overall notification center of the three.
    really? it's horrible! u cannot access it from any app.. it's too cluttered..

    PEEK is just more fun to do!
  13. Admorris's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    669 Posts
    Global Posts
    702 Global Posts
    #63  

    Default Re: How is PEEK better than iOS Notification Centre?

    Quote Originally Posted by Rickroller View Post
    They've got the LG Optimus G, which was released with 4.0.4, with an update planned to 4.1.2 Jelly Bean (not sure if the update has happened yet or not), which I don't think has those features yet..
    Pure Google 4.2 is the only build that has that feature as of right now.

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2
  14. sandmanfvr's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    768 Posts
    Global Posts
    984 Global Posts
    #64  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rickroller View Post
    I see. AFAIK you are correct in the fact that when you tap on the notification, it takes you into said application. However, with the newest 4.2.1, you can hit "Reply" or "Message" as seen in Howarmats pics and it'll take you directly into the "reply" portion of the app. Kinda hard to explain, but its not like you reply in the Notification bar itself, if you get what i'm trying to say. Either way, it's two steps. Pull down notification bar, and reply. You don't need to close the notification bar, then go and open your app, then go and open the conversation, and then reply. From my understanding of the Hub, even then you have to open the message and then reply.
    OH, so android 4.2.1 is like this? Ok well I thought those pics were not android. I think that is the confusion.....
  15. darkehawke's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    3,366 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,374 Global Posts
    #65  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by knowledge_6 View Post
    really? it's horrible! u cannot access it from any app.. it's too cluttered..

    PEEK is just more fun to do!
    its a bit weird to call the android notification bar cluttered compared to the hub, when you have every account and their dog dumping their messages in the hub
    Primary Device: Moto X
    Backup Device: Blackberry Z10
    mikeo007 and jdhooghe like this.
  16. Rickroller's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    3,447 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,465 Global Posts
    PIN
    Proud contributer to The Human Fund
    #66  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by knowledge_6 View Post
    really? it's horrible! u cannot access it from any app.. it's too cluttered..

    PEEK is just more fun to do!
    You CAN access it from every app (except most games), at anytime.
    "Hard work spotlights the character of people: some turn up their sleeves, some turn up their noses, and some don't turn up at all." -Sam Ewing
    Rollin' on Twitter
  17. Rickroller's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    3,447 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,465 Global Posts
    PIN
    Proud contributer to The Human Fund
    #67  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sandmanfvr View Post
    OH, so android 4.2.1 is like this? Ok well I thought those pics were not android. I think that is the confusion.....
    Ya..those screenshots were from the Nexus 4 with 4.2.1..
    "Hard work spotlights the character of people: some turn up their sleeves, some turn up their noses, and some don't turn up at all." -Sam Ewing
    Rollin' on Twitter
  18. D_March's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    4,973 Posts
    Global Posts
    4,974 Global Posts
    #68  

    Default

    I like the android notification system but I'm excited to try hub on the Z10. I like the interface and the access from anywhere.
  19. Rickroller's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    3,447 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,465 Global Posts
    PIN
    Proud contributer to The Human Fund
    #69  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Admorris View Post
    Pure Google 4.2 is the only build that has that feature as of right now.

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2
    Ya, i've been using 4.2 for so long now, sometimes I forget. I also forget how nice it is to get updates immediately, and not have to wait for them
    "Hard work spotlights the character of people: some turn up their sleeves, some turn up their noses, and some don't turn up at all." -Sam Ewing
    Rollin' on Twitter
  20. knowledge_6's Avatar
    CrackBerry Master

    Posts
    1,281 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,315 Global Posts
    PIN
    2*******
    #70  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by darkehawke View Post
    its a bit weird to call the android notification bar cluttered compared to the hub, when you have every account and their dog dumping their messages in the hub
    yah but u can manage what u want to see in the hub.. i guess it's personal preference.. i'm just happy i got rid of my nexus 4.. the fact u had to get kernels and ROMS just to operate normally is a pain.. but yes i admit it was fun to do all that tweaking..
  21. knowledge_6's Avatar
    CrackBerry Master

    Posts
    1,281 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,315 Global Posts
    PIN
    2*******
    #71  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rickroller View Post
    You CAN access it from every app (except most games), at anytime.
    really? maybe the ROM i had on my nexus prevented that.. sorry for the misinformation ; >
  22. Rickroller's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    3,447 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,465 Global Posts
    PIN
    Proud contributer to The Human Fund
    #72  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by D_March View Post
    I like the android notification system.
    Now there's something I never thought i'd "hear" you say lol
    "Hard work spotlights the character of people: some turn up their sleeves, some turn up their noses, and some don't turn up at all." -Sam Ewing
    Rollin' on Twitter
  23. darkehawke's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    3,366 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,374 Global Posts
    #73  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by knowledge_6 View Post
    yah but u can manage what u want to see in the hub.. i guess it's personal preference.. i'm just happy i got rid of my nexus 4.. the fact u had to get kernels and ROMS just to operate normally is a pain.. but yes i admit it was fun to do all that tweaking..
    Android is definitely the choice for tweakers.
    i prefer BB10 myself. but i can see merits in each system, and cant say hand on heart one is better than the other.
    Primary Device: Moto X
    Backup Device: Blackberry Z10
  24. Rickroller's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    3,447 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,465 Global Posts
    PIN
    Proud contributer to The Human Fund
    #74  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by darkehawke View Post
    Android is definitely the choice for tweakers.
    i prefer BB10 myself. but i can see merits in each system, and cant say hand on heart one is better than the other.
    Agreed. Each one has their own merits, but I think BB10 is really a great step in the right direction. Yes, there are currently some things missing that long time users have grown accustomed to, but as long as BB can keep on top of timely updates, get some of the bigger app partners on board, and (like it or hate it) update the Android runtime to 4.1 JB, it will be a force once again imo.
    "Hard work spotlights the character of people: some turn up their sleeves, some turn up their noses, and some don't turn up at all." -Sam Ewing
    Rollin' on Twitter
    darkehawke likes this.
  25. mike-berry's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    196 Posts
    #75  

    Default

    Peek is amazing. Makes communicating a super fast thing with jumping between apps. I love it.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. 10+ Reasons Why BlackBerry 10 is Better Than iOS 6
    By limh5 in forum General BlackBerry Discussion
    Replies: 35
    Last Post: 03-02-2013, 12:50 AM
  2. How is blackberry better at messaging than iPhone or android?
    By nkouts in forum BlackBerry Bold 9930/9900
    Replies: 208
    Last Post: 08-15-2011, 11:08 AM
  3. Aside from Push Email, how is S2 better than Droid?
    By InTheRed in forum BlackBerry Storm2
    Replies: 46
    Last Post: 01-20-2010, 03:11 AM
  4. Replies: 10
    Last Post: 09-21-2008, 10:58 PM
  5. Is 8330 better than 8320?
    By ny111 in forum BlackBerry Curve 83xx
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-12-2008, 12:24 PM

Posting Permissions