Ever been on a computer writing a doc and something pops up taking you out of the document to that window? That's the kind of popups I'm talking about.
    So you can turn it off and allow other people who like the popups (which I do) to keep them. IOS even has a do not disturb setting that you can activate if you dont want to be bothered.
    02-05-13 11:16 AM
    Those pop ups in ios actually made me lose in a few games. I am the same I hate them. Lol.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    02-05-13 11:29 AM
    Peek is not just for notifications, you can peek into the previous screen in the process flow, for example as demoed in email compose screen you may peek into the previous screen to get some more information. The premise of peek is that you don't leave the app you are in but at the sametime can glance over the information you need - it may be notifications, another running app, previous screen in the flow etc.
    adjdudley21 and JGuez like this.
    02-05-13 11:36 AM
    So you can turn it off and allow other people who like the popups (which I do) to keep them. IOS even has a do not disturb setting that you can activate if you dont want to be bothered.
    Choice is good. As has been said, we don't all like the same things.
    02-05-13 11:41 AM
    Dup...................
    02-05-13 11:42 AM
    Not sure how swiping left/right is any different then swiping up/down?
    Swiping down from the top is not ergonomic; it's extremely annoying on my Android because I have to move my thumb in an awkward position and shift my hand. It's the primary reason why I want to dump this phone.
    02-05-13 11:44 AM
    no you dont. I can swipe down from inside Angry birds and read a 2 or 3 line preview of the email and then swipe back up. Then you are back where you were. Not sure how swiping left/right is any different then swiping up/down?
    Well lets first just get it right.. compare it to android because google invented the swipe down notification, not apple... i shake my head at that... The next thing is this, you get a text and a email on a android/iphone, you swipe down, yes u can see a few lines, but you have to go to twitter to respond to a message, you have to leave twitter and open up the texting app and respond to a text, you have to open the email app to respond to the email, and then you have to open facebook to respond to a post.... On Blackberry, you swipe, respond, respond, respond, respond, and swipe back.. u switched one app... smooth, fluid, done... its about ease of use..
    02-05-13 12:11 PM
    I personally couldn't stand notifications when I had the iPhone 4S.

Not sure about Android as I've never really used it much.
    02-05-13 12:16 PM
    Well lets first just get it right.. compare it to android because google invented the swipe down notification, not apple... i shake my head at that... The next thing is this, you get a text and a email on a android/iphone, you swipe down, yes u can see a few lines, but you have to go to twitter to respond to a message, you have to leave twitter and open up the texting app and respond to a text, you have to open the email app to respond to the email, and then you have to open facebook to respond to a post.... On Blackberry, you swipe, respond, respond, respond, respond, and swipe back.. u switched one app... smooth, fluid, done... its about ease of use..
    actually you can respond right from the drop down notifications with some apps now.

How is PEEK better than iOS Notification Centre?-screen-shot-2012-06-28-10.53.38-am.png
    Rickroller and jdhooghe like this.
    02-05-13 12:23 PM
    Hi Semi5,

Again, I have to check the Z10 out. You need to swipe first to open the litte grey bar on the iphone and then swipe down again to completely open the notification (for angry birds). I have two swipes for angry birds g and 1 swipe for all other non game apps on my iphone. Is that setup thing so that you do not accidently swipe the notification when playing? I think it is a matter of choice on which step one prefers. As I said they seem very similar.
    02-05-13 12:24 PM
    you get a text and a email on a android/iphone, you swipe down, yes u can see a few lines, but you have to go to twitter to respond to a message, you have to leave twitter and open up the texting app and respond to a text
    no you dont.
    02-05-13 12:46 PM
    Hi Semi5,

Again, I have to check the Z10 out. You need to swipe first to open the litte grey bar on the iphone and then swipe down again to completely open the notification (for angry birds). I have two swipes for angry birds g and 1 swipe for all other non game apps on my iphone. Is that setup thing so that you do not accidently swipe the notification when playing? I think it is a matter of choice on which step one prefers. As I said they seem very similar.
    No two swipes necessary. Its like pulling down a shade. This brings you to the notification screen that is used for all apps. No second screen necessary. One swipe is all thats needed.
    02-05-13 12:48 PM
    No two swipes necessary. Its like pulling down a shade. This brings you to the notification screen that is used for all apps. No second screen necessary. One swipe is all thats needed.
    I'm going to check my setup. Because right now I have 2 swipes.
    02-05-13 12:50 PM
    Because Peek shows you new and old notifications, as far as I know iOS only shows new notifications.

PS it doesn't show you recent messages it shows you ALL messages.
    This is about the only thing really different that I can tell, but then the unified inbox has always been that way for BB. Obviously the Hub is a little more integrated than the Notifications of Andriod/iOS, but at least for Android, the Peek can still be accomplished for notifications (and without interrupting your app).
    02-05-13 01:03 PM
    Swiping down from the top is not ergonomic; it's extremely annoying on my Android because I have to move my thumb in an awkward position and shift my hand. It's the primary reason why I want to dump this phone.
    Using a different launcher can alleviate this (at least for the most part).Using Nova Launcher, I can swipe down anywhere on my homescreens to bring the notification bar down, or it can be setup with whatever gesture you like. You can even assign a button to do this for you as well. However, when in an app and you want to "peek", then you need to reach your finger up all the way to pull down the bar. No biggie to me, but I suppose I could see it being an annoyance to others.
    02-05-13 01:11 PM
    Once BB10 implements custom LED colors once again, this will tell you the exact incoming object and you can choose to peak. Right now, Peak is basically all notifications, while iOS notification center is just the newest ones.
    02-05-13 01:16 PM
    Using a different launcher can alleviate this (at least for the most part).Using Nova Launcher, I can swipe down anywhere on my homescreens to bring the notification bar down, or it can be setup with whatever gesture you like. You can even assign a button to do this for you as well. However, when in an app and you want to "peek", then you need to reach your finger up all the way to pull down the bar. No biggie to me, but I suppose I could see it being an annoyance to others.
    That's not really the problem with that, the problem is that only gives you access to new notifications not a complete inbox of everything on your phone.
    02-05-13 01:17 PM
    actually you can respond right from the drop down notifications with some apps now.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen+Shot+2012-06-28+at+10.53.38+AM.png 
Views:	22 
Size:	308.5 KB 
ID:	134154
    Wow, cool!
    02-05-13 01:19 PM
    I wish BB10 would have brought pop-up notifications of incoming messages (like iOS). It's nice to see what's coming so I can decide if I need to deal with it. Shao-Soft's Leave It On brought it to BBOS, hopefully He's working on the BB10 version, how 'bout it Shao-Soft?
    There are pop ups Its just not been put in builds for whatever reason.The only pop up i want to mess with is the cinnamon toast thats qualiy.
    BlackBerry 10 is Tasty with French and Cinnamon Toast - N4BB
    02-05-13 01:26 PM
    That's not really the problem with that, the problem is that only gives you access to new notifications not a complete inbox of everything on your phone.
    I was responding to Masahiro's problem. However, I don't really consider not being able to see every message a problem, because if I wanted to see all messages from an app i'd go into said app and view them. I'm personally only concerned when I get a new one.
    02-05-13 01:52 PM
    My Z10 comes tomorrow (currently iPhone 5) and the thing I'll miss the most is notification bar at the top of the screen. Say I'm in Facebook and an email comes in I know straight away who its from so I can carry on if it's rubbish or read it if its important. The problem with the Z10 is you only get the email tone so u have to stop what you're doing and "peak" to see if its rubbish or important. As I get a lot of emails this will bug me. Hopefully they can add this function and have the option to turn out off/on for people who don't want it.
    02-05-13 02:50 PM

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen+Shot+2012-06-28+at+10.53.38+AM.png 
Views:	22 
Size:	308.5 KB 
ID:	134154
    which platform?? I have android jellybean whatever the number and i cant do that...
    02-05-13 03:09 PM
    no you dont.
    Im waiting on someone to tell me how?? I had a galaxy note and now a lg optimus g and umm yea i do
    02-05-13 03:12 PM
    adjdudley21 is right, in android and ios you tap on the notification and you open the app that is needed, go back etc.
    adjdudley21 likes this.
    02-05-13 03:15 PM
    Im waiting on someone to tell me how?? I had a galaxy note and now a lg optimus g and umm yea i do
    Tell you how to what? I'm not sure what you're asking?
    02-05-13 03:17 PM
79 1234