This Angers me allot!!

Caught this picture on CNN, if I would of taken it 1 sec earlier, there would of actually been a Q10 keyboard phone on screen being displayed at the same time as the message below!!!

How the media will make companies that should succeed for their amazing hard work Fail!!-img-20130130-00220.jpg
    01-30-13 11:51 AM
    They've been doing the same thing regarding politics for a long time. Why should the way they report about Blackberry be any different?
    Last edited by Zudd; 01-30-13 at 02:36 PM.
    01-30-13 12:10 PM
    Don't blame "media". RIM Blackberry hasn't been clear with their message on the PR side for months. If you give the journalists/bloggers any kind of wiggle room they will invent all manner of silliness to fill their articles; they have to justify all of those creative writing degrees somehow. That's what good marketing/PR is for, and it demands that you stay on message.
    mikeo007 likes this.
    01-30-13 12:46 PM
    Guys, when the ads start kicking out (hopefully tonight!) it will clarify for consumers.
    01-30-13 12:48 PM
    When thorstein came out late and didnt show us anything the media has no choice. Wheres the browser? Did he even show us a single app in use? He had a solid year and now its looking like apps and carriers were just in touch in the last few weeks. I had the worst deja vu feeling watching the presentation.
    01-30-13 01:14 PM
    You all are accurate...however, reporters...especially National Media ones...should have the skill required to do adequate research before they report on a story. Couldn't the reporter tasked with the story take an hour out of their busy day and watch the Webcast? It was pretty clear to me...what BB was introducing to the world. The way they reported on the story mentioned in the first post just shows how lazy and uninformed the media can be. My previous comment was just pointing out how they do this on a regular basis.
    01-30-13 02:33 PM
    You all are accurate...however, reporters...especially National Media ones...should have the skill required to do adequate research before they report on a story. Couldn't the reporter tasked with the story take an hour out of their busy day and watch the Webcast? It was pretty clear to me...what BB was introducing to the world. The way they reported on the story mentioned in the first post just shows how lazy and uninformed the media can be. My previous comment was just pointing out how they do this on a regular basis.

this is the point. if i can find all of this infomation then why can they not... it is their JOB! If i dont do my job i get fired.
    Zudd likes this.
    01-30-13 02:57 PM
    When thorstein came out late and didnt show us anything the media has no choice. Wheres the browser? Did he even show us a single app in use? He had a solid year and now its looking like apps and carriers were just in touch in the last few weeks. I had the worst deja vu feeling watching the presentation.
    I heard the soundtrack to "Jaws" playing in my head as I watched the BlackBerry 10 Reveal Event. Worse yet during the spiel it reminded me of the sales pitches given on "The Dragon's Den". I was hoping to hear "Mr. Wonderful" say, "There is nothing unique or proprietary about BlackBerry 10. Your competitors could release an updated version of their own smartphones with these features. For that reason I am out."
    01-30-13 03:08 PM
    This Angers me allot!!

Caught this picture on CNN, if I would of taken it 1 sec earlier, there would of actually been a Q10 keyboard phone on screen being displayed at the same time as the message below!!!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG-20130130-00220.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	49.7 KB 
ID:	133168
    The writers of the captions are usually not reporters and often put wording different from the actual news item. Does anybody remember the CNN caption when the BlackBerry Infrastructure was down globally? The caption said 'interplanetary'.
    01-30-13 03:11 PM
    this is the point. if i can find all of this infomation then why can they not... it is their JOB! If i dont do my job i get fired.
    I'm not sure what the qualifications are for a "Caption Writer" but that was a pretty big mistake for the story they were trying to report to the world. I'm guessing that the writer is not a BB person. Maybe there is a Caption Writer Union that would protect him from getting fired. Just saying...
    01-30-13 03:33 PM
    BB damn well better clarify things. This is how press works. You are just now discovering this?
    01-30-13 03:39 PM
    BB damn well better clarify things. This is how press works. You are just now discovering this?
    So your saying that they would do the same thing with an iOS release? Don't think so...BTW, thanks for explaining how the press works...
    01-30-13 04:08 PM
    dont you know when it comes to media it is'nt about quality much its about how much you pay them.
    01-30-13 04:36 PM