Yea that is why I posted this. Curious to see how people manage active frames.
    I don't think it's about managing, but more about just going with the flow and letting the OS do its job.

I have a habit of always closing open apps from my droid days (pressing back til my thumb hurt). learning to break a habit takes quite a bit of effort.
    03-10-13 06:12 PM
    Yea that is why I posted this. Curious to see how people manage active frames.
    I'm surprised, so far it seems I'm the only person who has hit the 8 app ceiling.
    Very surprised.
    Overnight just about everyone will have Clock open.
    BBM and WhatsApp seems fair for communications.
    Settings is the only way to check battery and do the flight mode trick when signal goes.
    I would have thought people would have Remember and Browser open a lot of the time.
    Can't see the point of multitasking if everyone's going to have all apps shut all the time!
    03-10-13 06:15 PM
    0-2 here. I usually close them once I'm done with them, unless I'm lazy or need to put the phone in my pocket or something.

Like someone else mentioned, I'll keep HNIC open if I'm following a game, or I might pause a game or video for a 1/2hr or so. But usually, 0.
    03-10-13 06:16 PM
    Most opened at the same time is 4 (excluding showing off the phone).
    95% of the time, I close an App as soon as I am done with it in order to conserve battery life.

Posted via CB10
    03-10-13 06:19 PM
    I hope WhatsApp will be in the Hub like BBM, Twitter and Facebook. I can imagine having WhatsApp open all the time as I communicate with most of my contacts through that. But if it's integrated and I can just select a contact from the Hub to send a message through WhatsApp, I don't see a reason to have it open as an active frame.
    03-10-13 06:34 PM
    Old habits die hard. I always close an app after I'm done with it. Like with older BBOS devices. The most I had was 3-4 active frames. Hahaha.

Posted via CB10
    03-10-13 06:37 PM
    Usually I close the frame when I'm done but on day work it is quite easy to have telephone + calendar + contacts + browser and an extra one depending on the mood (BBM, CB10, etc)

Posted via CB10
    03-10-13 06:54 PM
    I have hit 8 frames for a stress test.Performance fell off at like 10-15% battery.I dont have the recent update either.
    03-10-13 07:09 PM
    My battery is so bad that I don't dare ever leave any open.

Posted via CB10
    03-10-13 07:12 PM
    I usually have 2-3 when I am actively using my phone. At work I always leave remember and password keeper open as I have to access them a lot.

In the evening I usually will be browsing or playing a game and checking the forums or on LinkedIn or something like that.

Posted via CB10
    03-10-13 07:24 PM
    Seems like I'm also one of the few who leave apps running. perhaps we are still cautious about the battery life so we're closing them?

I always have these open:
    1. Battery Guru
    2. Openwhatsapp
    3. Phone
    4. Weather app
    5. Browser

and while I'm actually using the phone, I end up opening another 2 or so. I'm always around 7-8 active frame opened each time. I do find it a bit of pressure to constantly monitor my active the amount of frames I have, and I wish they could expand it to maybe 10 or 12.
    peter9477 likes this.
    03-10-13 07:27 PM
    Seems like I'm also one of the few who leave apps running. perhaps we are still cautious about the battery life so we're closing them?

I always have these open:
    1. Battery Guru
    2. Openwhatsapp
    3. Phone
    4. Weather app
    5. Browser

and while I'm actually using the phone, I end up opening another 2 or so. I'm always around 7-8 active frame opened each time. I do find it a bit of pressure to constantly monitor my active the amount of frames I have, and I wish they could expand it to maybe 10 or 12.
    Nah not for me just habit of closing things I dont need.I dont really play with my phone.People talk like phones are somekind of laptop/tv/ps3 replacement like they mess around with it 24.Most the apps I use are in the hub I dont need to open them.I dont know just got a habit of getting what I need and closing things.

Like I said I have stress tested it with 8 frames for a good 7 hours perfomance went down hilla around 10-15% battery.I dont have the latest update to see new battery tweaks but frames still perform solid for my OS build.

When more apps come people will leave the frames but for now not so much.
    03-10-13 08:19 PM
    I always close the app that I'm using when I'm finished with it
    +1
    03-10-13 09:45 PM
    Once the ability to run headless app is available in BB10, this would not be a problem.
    wikison likes this.
    03-14-13 01:19 PM
    Only 3 at the moment, anything else i close down.

I have BBM, beweather pro and wallpaper changer HD...beweather i have open because i like to see at a glance what the temp is especially in the morning. Wallpaper changer hd i have open so i get the battery percentage on my status bar, altho when BB release the API's for the last 2 apps to be able to run in the background without it being an active frame...then these will probably be updated.

But anything else i just close down.
    03-14-13 01:41 PM
    0-3. I don't leave a lot open just for the sake of leaving them open.

Unless I'm in an active conversation (individual or group), I usually close BBM. The active frame content from BBM doesn't really show much that interests me, so I'd rather not see it. New messages show up in the Hub, so that works for me.

Same with other apps. If they show updated information in the active frame, I leave it running, like weather. If all it does is add clutter to the screen, I prefer to just close it.

Posted via CB10
    03-14-13 01:42 PM
    Max I've had open is 5, but generally I open however many I need for the task and then close them afterwards.
    Calendar and To Do List may stay open for a few hours at a time but not all day.

Posted via CB10, using Z10, running BB10
    03-14-13 02:25 PM
    Typically I will have three or four (cb10, battery, twitter, and weather), but will go up to 7 at times. Never had an issue with bumping apps out. 8 is plenty.

Posted via CB10
    03-14-13 02:36 PM
    I close my apps unless I am using them

I would prefer an active home screen that I can customize.

Posted via CB10
    03-14-13 04:19 PM
    I always have a battery monitor and CB10 open for their active frames. I also occasionally have weather and calendar for the same reason. I have hit the 8 active frames limit, but only because once I had these four active frames open, then I decided to check twitter, followed a link from there to the browser, and from there followed a link to BlackBerry World, and then I got a BBM and checked it in the app instead of the hub because of how close I was to the limit, and I wanted to scroll through 8 active frames.
    03-14-13 07:43 PM
    3-4 and I don't think I need more. I tend to close all at the end of the day.
    03-14-13 08:00 PM
    I haven't found the need to go more than 4. Apps that have hub integration are the first to close so I can keep others open

Posted via CB10
    03-14-13 08:18 PM
    I've had upto 8 just to demonstrate to a few people. Usually I close all apps when done. Really time is if I'm using it

Posted via CB10
    03-14-13 09:09 PM
    About 4 max, normally close after use.

On a separate note -dont mean to hijack the thread but with regards to multitasking/active frames , i taught if i wanted i could leave a video open even if the video player is minimised? Is there a setting I'm missing?

Posted via CB10
    03-15-13 01:12 PM
    It better be removed. I'm not buying the phone if it has a ******* limit to the amount of running apps.
    03-23-13 12:10 PM
61 123