It seems that my emails are getting deleted from the phone (and server) once they are about 2 weeks old? Is it any way possible to prevent my phone from deleting my emails without me telling it to?
    02-04-15 02:04 PM
    This really depends upon your Email provider.

If you are using IMAP (Gmail, for example), then this setting is dependant upon what you set on your device.

If you are using POP3 (lots of other methods) then the email will leave your phone when your PC downloads it to it's own inbox.

If you're using Exchange (Activesync) then you can easily ask it to keep more than a little email on your handset - up to a year I think - going into the Settings / Accounts screens on your phone.
    02-04-15 02:07 PM
    Here's the long-winded version...

For an ActiveSync account (such as Hotmail or Outlook.com), you can adjust the sync period for an active account. From the home page, swipe down from the top and go to Settings > Accounts and choose the email account. On the "Edit Account" page, tap "Advanced" on the bottom bar. Scroll to the very bottom and Select the "Sync Timeframe you want (i.e., "Forever" to sync all messages).

For an IMAP account (such as Gmail):
    On OS 10.2.1, you have to select the sync period option when setting up the account -- so you'd have to delete and re-add it. Use the standard email setup, until you get to the screen that gives you the option to toggle on/off contact/calendar sync. Tap "Advanced" at the bottom. Scroll to the very bottom, and set the "Initial Retrieval amount" to "Forever" (or your preferred sync period). You can also set your sync interval here as well.
    On OS 10.3.x, you can now change the email synced to your device. Go to Settings > Accounts. Scroll down and select from the drop-down "Sync Timeframe".
    Note that if you'll be syncing a lot of messages, you should be on WiFi, unless you have a very generous data plan.
    02-04-15 06:37 PM
    And FYI, Remote Search for IMAP is in the soon to be released 10.3.1 update.
    02-04-15 09:06 PM