Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By bobo616
  • 1 Post By vespajet
  • 1 Post By bobo616
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,228 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Question How to let Blackberry know about a bug in BB10?

Hi,

I have three bugs with my Z10 and I would like to let Blackberry to know about them so they can be fixed, how do I do this?

The first bug is that despite setting a custom text tone for some of my contacts the default tone plays instead.

The second bug is that word substitution doesnt appear to work even for default entries let alone user entered entries.

The third bug is that according to the help you should be able to encrypt the sd card but the option does not exist.

The final thing is not a bug as such but I dont know how not to accept a autocorrect suggestion when it is on the space bar if i just want to do a space instead.

Thanks.
    kfh227 likes this.
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    the tail on the donkey....
    GTiLeo likes this.
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,228 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  

Thanks, but isnt this just another forum like this one?
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    the tail on the donkey....

Quote Originally Posted by bobo616 View Post
    Thanks, but isnt this just another forum like this one?
    Hardly "just another forum", that's the official BlackBerry Support Forums.
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,228 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #5  

Quote Originally Posted by vespajet View Post
    Hardly "just another forum", that's the official BlackBerry Support Forums.
    But a support forum is not an offical way to report a bug, it also doesnt seem if there are many people on that forum but I will look further.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    285 Global Posts

To not accept an auto correct and just use the space bar simply swipe up from the space bar cuz the word u want to type is right above the word they want to correct it to so you swip up as you would flicking any other word in the keyboard
    Thanked by:
    bobo616 (02-04-2013) 

BB does monitor their forums which is linked above. It is a very good place to start if you want to report bugs to BB
    ~Matt
    OnePlus One, Nexus 5, Z10 LE, White Lumia 521, 32GB Nook HD+ & 16GB PB, 32 GB Dell Venue 8 Pro
    @howarmat
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,228 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #8  

Quote Originally Posted by howarmat View Post
    BB does monitor their forums which is linked above. It is a very good place to start if you want to report bugs to BB
    Thanks I have posted but I dont hold out much hope of Blackberry actually noticing, although a fellow user is trying to help me with a couple of them.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,803 Global Posts

Kevin has spoken to BlackBerry about bugs. They will be fixed. Hang tight.
    I wait for the future...to COME back to BlackBerry!
    CrackBerry Abuser

BlackBerry rates but fails to roam

Found this Article on tech site not sure if this guy has reported this to Blackberry
    Banned

Global Posts
    3,077 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by calicocat2010 View Post
    Kevin has spoken to BlackBerry about bugs. They will be fixed. Hang tight.
    Thought ought to handle it. So people should report errors to Kevin?
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,091 Global Posts

Thanks I have posted but I dont hold out much hope of Blackberry actually noticing, although a fellow user is trying to help me with a couple of them.
    Howarmat just told you they monitor the threads.

Also I expect Team Crackberry is on top of it.

We may even see a thread soon by same or perhaps a note from Kevin telling us issues forwarded to Blackberry, it's all part of ironing a new platform/system, hang tight.
    Negative thinking destroys your brain cells and causes global warming.*- Dodinsky (The Scientific Institute of Get Over It!) Action Spots
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,228 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #13  

Thanks, how long do software updates take on Blackberry as I am coming from IOS so I am used to updates every few months or so?

I really like my Z10 and using my iphone afterwards seems very dated so I really hope these small bugs are ironed out quickly but I guess this is what us early adopters have to experience\enjoy :-)

I think this may even be why the US release is in a few months so that they can fix lots of these small issues so they have a more complete OS as well as more apps when it launches.

Global Posts
    6,542 Global Posts
    PIN
    2B6927F7

Thanks, how long do software updates take on Blackberry as I am coming from IOS so I am used to updates every few months or so?

I really like my Z10 and using my iphone afterwards seems very dated so I really hope these small bugs are ironed out quickly but I guess this is what us early adopters have to experience\enjoy :-)

I think this may even be why the US release is in a few months so that they can fix lots of these small issues so they have a more complete OS as well as more apps when it launches.
    You've hit the nail on the head when you say that this is part of the price of being an early adopter. As for update cycles, I'd bet we'll see at least some updates before the end of February, and more before the US launches in March. Thereafter, maybe 3-4 times a year? Hard to say, but BB generally updates fairly often.
    “Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference.”

--Mark Twain
    Banned

Global Posts
    5,169 Global Posts

You will be waiting much longer than a month to receive updates/patches from BlackBerry. Based on experience with the BlackBerry PlayBook software updates are released maybe once every 6 months. The bugs in BlackBerry OS 10 will not be fixed quickly even if BlackBerry can get the work completed because the carriers will have to approve each update. These bugs did not stop BlackBerry from releasing the BlackBerry Z10 in the UK and Canada, so do not get your hopes up about a complete OS in the US. I envision my BlackBerry Z10 experience to mirror that of my BlackBerry PlayBook; it will take a year to get a feature-complete BlackBerry OS 10.
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,228 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #16  

Thanks, good news about the cycle of hopeful updates. I hope the address these niggles quickly so there is less ammunition for the haters.

I have never had a Blackberry before and I really do like my iPhone but I want to have a choice of OS's and phones so I really want Blackberry 10 to do well, I also want windows phone to do well for the same reason so I dont just have a choice between IOS(Restrictive) or Android(Fragmented and worrying security).
    EsJayDee likes this.

It won't be instant but they will iron bugs as time goes on
    ~Matt
    OnePlus One, Nexus 5, Z10 LE, White Lumia 521, 32GB Nook HD+ & 16GB PB, 32 GB Dell Venue 8 Pro
    @howarmat
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    522 Global Posts

@howarmat, how about creating a sticky post were people can report bug? This way it will be much easier to know which bug is already known and which was discovered by someone. The link to that thread could be given to BlackBerry devs so they can easily see it too
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    1,804 Global Posts

In the Toronto experience forum today one of the presenters said there will be one batch of fixes in a few weeks.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    522 Global Posts

Few weeks? Wow, they better release updates for each app as soon as they have fix

Quote Originally Posted by bb10_fan View Post
    @howarmat, how about creating a sticky post were people can report bug? This way it will be much easier to know which bug is already known and which was discovered by someone. The link to that thread could be given to BlackBerry devs so they can easily see it too
    we will see what we can do
    ~Matt
    @howarmat
    CrackBerry Abuser

So there's a condundrum... people have bugs and can submit reports in the Help app (see Create Report at the bottom) .. BUT you need an incident number via Premier Tech Support to do so.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    402 Global Posts

You could tweet @blackberrysupport and ask them how to submit bugs to them. They seem to reply quickly to most questions.