How to let Blackberry know about a bug in BB10?
I have three bugs with my Z10 and I would like to let Blackberry to know about them so they can be fixed, how do I do this?
The first bug is that despite setting a custom text tone for some of my contacts the default tone plays instead.
The second bug is that word substitution doesnt appear to work even for default entries let alone user entered entries.
The third bug is that according to the help you should be able to encrypt the sd card but the option does not exist.
The final thing is not a bug as such but I dont know how not to accept a autocorrect suggestion when it is on the space bar if i just want to do a space instead.
- CrackBerry Abuser
02-03-2013, 04:27 PM #2
- 319 Posts
- the tail on the donkey....
- 02-04-2013, 12:21 PM #6
To not accept an auto correct and just use the space bar simply swipe up from the space bar cuz the word u want to type is right above the word they want to correct it to so you swip up as you would flicking any other word in the keyboard
- 02-04-2013, 04:22 PM #11Thorsten Heins: "We have a clear shot at being the No. 3 platform in the market" - 09/25/2012
Thorsten Heins: "We are very disappointed with our operational and financial results this quarter and have announced a series of major changes to address the competitive hardware environment and our cost structure" - 9/27/2013
Thorsten Heins: Mission Accomplished; I am out of here suckers - 11/4/2013
- 02-04-2013, 04:30 PM #12Negative thinking destroys your brain cells and causes global warming.*- Dodinsky (The Scientific Institute of Get Over It!) Action Spots
Thanks, how long do software updates take on Blackberry as I am coming from IOS so I am used to updates every few months or so?
I really like my Z10 and using my iphone afterwards seems very dated so I really hope these small bugs are ironed out quickly but I guess this is what us early adopters have to experience\enjoy :-)
I think this may even be why the US release is in a few months so that they can fix lots of these small issues so they have a more complete OS as well as more apps when it launches.
- 02-04-2013, 04:44 PM #14
"Max Power doesn't 'cuddle'! You strap yourself in and feel the Gs!"
- 02-04-2013, 04:50 PM #15
Thanks, good news about the cycle of hopeful updates. I hope the address these niggles quickly so there is less ammunition for the haters.
I have never had a Blackberry before and I really do like my iPhone but I want to have a choice of OS's and phones so I really want Blackberry 10 to do well, I also want windows phone to do well for the same reason so I dont just have a choice between IOS(Restrictive) or Android(Fragmented and worrying security).
- 02-04-2013, 06:41 PM #18
@howarmat, how about creating a sticky post were people can report bug? This way it will be much easier to know which bug is already known and which was discovered by someone. The link to that thread could be given to BlackBerry devs so they can easily see it too
- 02-04-2013, 06:46 PM #19
In the Toronto experience forum today one of the presenters said there will be one batch of fixes in a few weeks.
- By OSUBuckeyeBerry in forum Native BlackBerry OS AppsReplies: 4Last Post: 07-13-2010, 02:55 PM
- By OSUBuckeyeBerry in forum BlackBerry StormReplies: 4Last Post: 07-13-2010, 02:55 PM
- By vikahl in forum BlackBerry 8830 WEReplies: 18Last Post: 03-16-2010, 08:59 PM
- By Jason123 in forum BlackBerry Curve 83xxReplies: 4Last Post: 10-18-2008, 07:44 PM
- By linda anne in forum BlackBerry 8800, 8820Replies: 5Last Post: 10-02-2007, 09:52 PM