Hello fellow Crackberry users.

I thought I'd write a quick post which I pray gets seen by BlackBerry techs looking for feedback on there phone critical applications. This brings me nicely to the contacts app.

What is good about it:

1. It has a nice looking icon...(ok ok I'll get serious)
    2. I like the letters bar down the right hand side.
    3. Linking is very easy and is done in a similar fasion to other platforms.

What is bad about it (puts on flame retardant clothes)

1. When pressing "add Contact", unless you have already selected the account you want to add to, and are not viewing the "all" tab, your new contact gets made into a "Local Contact". Fantastic, but what if all of your phone contacts are in the cloud like Gmail, Hotmail, Exchange in some instances? I'd prefer, like in an email where you can select the account it goes from if you compose from the hub, to choose which account you save the contact to.

2. When you edit for example a google contact (for example, add a new phone number for someone), it does not....(to my knowledge and I've tested this a few times), actually edit or add a number to the google contact. It instead, creates a new local contact that is automatically linked to it. Ok, so the number is there, what's the problem. Well, when you go to google, or if you get a replacement phone, the number that you edited is gone...Some people keep there contacts in the cloud for a reason in order to be device agnostic. Out of all the mobile operating systems, that I have used (Android from 1.5 - 4.1, and windows phone 7.5 and 8 (Never iOS)), BlackBerry is the only one that doesn't do this. I don't know if its a bug, or how they intend it to be, but if its the latter, then I'd prefer they changed it.

3. Linking - This works, however, say I only want to see in the contacts app my BBM contacts, Gmail contacts (people I can call, email etc, I have a facebook ap and twitter for other things), I can select these by filtering in the settings. Great, I can see what I want to see. BUT I also want pictures and for them to be linked to there facebook information and Linkedin information, Well you can't. If you press link while you have your contacts filtered, you can only link to other contacts that fit in the filter. Kinda dumb when again, EVERY OTHER mobile OS does this.

Fixing these things would bring me alot of joy, but I thought I'd post these comments, see if anyone else had anything to add, so please feel free to post below.

Thanks!
    johnnyuk, russworman and rizdragon like this.
    05-22-13 01:56 PM
    Some good thoughts. I had been wondering why contacts I know I edited on my BlackBerry weren't showing up in outlook. I just checked and a bunch are under SIM contacts.
    I want them all in my activesync account. Any idea how to move them?
    I agree it should have a default option to a mail cloud account if your choosing and allow you to change it when adding if necessary.

Posted via CB10
    05-22-13 02:44 PM
    Thanks for the feedback.

In regards to moving sim contacts to your active activesync account I have no idea? You could try sharing them via email to your activesync and see if that works.
    05-22-13 03:40 PM
    I've never seen any other OS or phone actually correct outlook or hotmail, etc after you sync. I've been on iOS, BBOS, QNX, symbian, etc
    Unless android does this, but then that would make them them the only one
    05-22-13 03:45 PM
    I've never seen any other OS or phone actually correct outlook or hotmail, etc after you sync. I've been on iOS, BBOS, QNX, symbian, etc
    Unless android does this, but then that would make them them the only one
    Android does this 100%, all the way back from 1.5 cupcake. If I add a contact, I can pick whether to store on the phone, or to any of my linked accounts. If I make any changes to contacts in my linked accounts, this gets updated. same goes for Windows Phone as well as I used both Gmail and Hotmail contacts on that one.
    05-22-13 03:53 PM
    I believe this is part of the problem they have linking 2way outlook right now, on my older phones, curve w bb7, it showed me the changes made to my contacts when connected with usb. We should see this figured out in a couple of updates I hope.

Posted via Z10 awesome sauce CB10
    05-22-13 06:39 PM
    Send this to mclewley at blackberry. Com

Posted via CB10
    05-22-13 06:51 PM