I'm a former Blackberry user, now using iOS. I also manage support for a web hosting company. For the most part I like iOS but the lack of flexible email notification is really annoying, and workarounds like boxcar are a hassle and unreliable.

I'm curious whether BB10 will allow me to:

1. For emails with a particular word in the subject, play an alert tone during daylight hours. (This would be to alert me to new support tickets.)

2. For emails with a particular phrase in the body, play a different alert tone, but only during overnight hours. (This would be to wake me up for emergency tickets overnight.)

3. For everything else play no tone at all.

If BB10 will do this I am going to give one of the new phones a try.
    06-24-13 10:12 AM
    I'm a former Blackberry user, now using iOS. I also manage support for a web hosting company. For the most part I like iOS but the lack of flexible email notification is really annoying, and workarounds like boxcar are a hassle and unreliable.

I'm curious whether BB10 will allow me to:

1. For emails with a particular word in the subject, play an alert tone during daylight hours. (This would be to alert me to new support tickets.)

You can set ringtones per user, but not per keyword.

2. For emails with a particular phrase in the body, play a different alert tone, but only during overnight hours. (This would be to wake me up for emergency tickets overnight.)

There is night mode, but all you can do right now is tell it if you want or not to get calls while it is active.

3. For everything else play no tone at all.

That's easy. You can set it to silent, mute specific inboxes/accounts, have it only ring for calls...

If BB10 will do this I am going to give one of the new phones a try.
    Better hold till 10.3 (as I don't think what you want will come with impending 10.2).
    06-24-13 12:18 PM
    Something that specific would probably need to be a third party app. Good idea for one.

Posted via BlackBerry 10
    06-24-13 09:40 PM
    BeBuzz has some similar features, not sure if they are that specific though. I know it has word filters, but not sure if that translates into alert tone.
    07-01-13 02:41 PM