- CrackBerry Abuser
- 121 Posts
How to enter a Carriage return in BBM and SMS in 10.2
THIS ONLY WORKS FOR 10.2
So I downloaded the leaked 10.2 and realized that there is still no way to enter a carriage return in BBM or SMS, that was one feature I was praying would be fixed. The other was being able to enter a carriage return in word substitution and thankfully that was fixed. So I figured how to use word substitution to solve the BBM and SMS carriage return problem. Here is how you can do it....
- go in setting
- Choose Language and Input
- Choose Prediction and Correction
- Choose Word Substitution
- Press the +Add Shortcut at the bottom
- under Typing put nm
- under new word or phrase press the carriage return on the keyboard
- Press Save at top right hand corner
- Exit out of setting
Now anytime you want a carriage return type nm
This will work untill Blackberry figures a way to add a carriage return
- CrackBerry Genius
10-20-2013, 02:29 PM #2
- 4,828 Posts
Tap shift then tap enter
Or in some versions
Hold shift and press enter
And for text messages, specifically,
Hub > more > settings > text messages > use enter key to send > off
- 10-22-2013, 11:09 AM #4
Holding shift + tapping enter does this in SMS/MMS/BBM/etc on 10.1 (I know--would do it on my Z10)
Also, on Q10 (only on 10.2, so can't verify if this also holds true on 10.1), tapping shift and tapping enter also does this.
- CrackBerry Genius
10-22-2013, 01:57 PM #6
- 2,591 Posts
The post after yours tells you where the setting is. It's not enabled by default. But, when set properly, you get a separate "send" button at the top right corner of the screen, and the return key is a real return key.
Posted via CB10___________________
- CrackBerry Master
10-26-2013, 03:53 AM #7
- 1,478 Posts
I have another little work around.
I'm still on 10.1 so I don't know if it still works in 10.2 but if long press the caps lock key, it stays locked on.
Then tap the send button and voil you'll be on a new line.
Just figured that out by accident now, not sure if anyone else has mentioned this, but this way you don't have to add another shortcuts or anything yourself
Posted via CB10 from my Z10
8300>> 8520>> 9900>> Z10 >> Z30
- By Razva in forum BlackBerry 10 OSReplies: 10Last Post: 11-12-2013, 06:16 AM
- By zoozzooz123 in forum BB10 Leaked/Beta OSReplies: 13Last Post: 10-21-2013, 09:43 AM
- By diogoteixeira87 in forum BlackBerry 10 AppsReplies: 2Last Post: 10-20-2013, 04:26 PM
- By pwa in forum BlackBerry Z30Replies: 4Last Post: 10-20-2013, 03:28 PM
- By mhark4184 in forum BlackBerry Z10Replies: 3Last Post: 10-20-2013, 01:46 PM