I was late in the game in regards to establishing a full Google account (had only a login I used for Calendar but never setup GMAIL until this week). I really just wanted access on my Q10 with 10.3.2 to some Google calendars that were shared with me. I know that Google stopped supporting Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync a while ago, so that wasn't an option. If you sync your phone via IMAP, it only does email (which happens when you select "Google" when adding an account).

So then I tried CalDAV. It worked, but I would constantly lose the connection and get a message saying my login information was incorrect or changed. After some digging online, I realized I was using the old server address for CalDAV. However, I could not get the new server address to ever work.

Oddly enough, if you setup using the "Email, Calendar and Contacts" option, you can sync all of those things with no problem. What sync protocol is used for that option? I only selected my Calendar to sync, and the settings are actually CalDAV but for a server that wasn't listed on Google for this option. Is the email IMAP and Contacts CardDav all just rolled in to one option?

Posted via CB10
    08-20-15 10:07 PM
    I set up my Google Calendar on my Q10, but not my gmail.com email account. I used this server address:
    www.google.com/calendar/dav/[my full gmail address here]/events
    It syncs perfectly (I set it for every 30 min) so that changes I make on my PC can be seen on my phone and vice-versa.

Hope that helps.
    08-21-15 12:54 AM
    I set up my Google Calendar on my Q10, but not my gmail.com email account. I used this server address:
    www.google.com/calendar/dav/[my full gmail address here]/events
    It syncs perfectly (I set it for every 30 min) so that changes I make on my PC can be seen on my phone and vice-versa.

Hope that helps.
    Yeah that's the one it setup for me as well. I was just curious how this option sets everything up at once.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Emaderton3; 08-21-15 at 06:28 AM.
    08-21-15 06:01 AM
    When you set up a gmail account, it asks you at the beginning which modules you want to activate (or sync - I forget the actual wording). In my case I chose just the calendar. If you choose email also, then your gmail & addressbook would sync as well.
    Yeah that's the one it setup for me as well. I was just curious how this option sets everything up at once.

Posted via CB10
    Typed on my Q10, SQN100-2, 10.3.2.2339, Radio .2340
    08-21-15 11:17 AM
    FYI, the sync process is the same, it's the authentication that differs.

If you set a generic CalDav for exemple, you provide login and password that will be used for each sync.
    Where as if you set a Google Account, did you remind that you were redirected to a Google Interface to enter your credentials ? It's an oAuth token that will be used for each sync (Token that you can revoke in your Google Account at any time by the way).
    08-21-15 02:54 PM
    When you set up a gmail account, it asks you at the beginning which modules you want to activate (or sync - I forget the actual wording). In my case I chose just the calendar. If you choose email also, then your gmail & addressbook would sync as well.

Not if you choose the "Gmail" option. It is just email.

Posted via CB10
    08-21-15 05:41 PM
    FYI, the sync process is the same, it's the authentication that differs.

If you set a generic CalDav for exemple, you provide login and password that will be used for each sync.
    Where as if you set a Google Account, did you remind that you were redirected to a Google Interface to enter your credentials ? It's an oAuth token that will be used for each sync (Token that you can revoke in your Google Account at any time by the way).
    I guess I wanted to know whether the option in my title authenticated in multiple ways using one step.

Posted via CB10
    08-21-15 05:56 PM
    Maybe the wording has changed since I did it a year ago with 10.2.1. I chose whichever option would import my Google calendar, since I never intended to set up email with it. Sorry for any confusion. :-)

Not if you choose the "Gmail" option. It is just email.
    Posted via CB10
    08-21-15 07:16 PM
    Maybe the wording has changed since I did it a year ago with 10.2.1. I chose whichever option would import my Google calendar, since I never intended to set up email with it. Sorry for any confusion. :-)

When I did it, it did open up a Google login screen which is required for a token. But I didn't have the option for syncing calendar and tasks.

Posted via CB10
    08-21-15 09:42 PM