In a recent article on CB they mentioned one of the new features were something called "preferred contact sync". I've just upgraded to latest OS, but can't find the settings for this. Anyone got any tips??

Posted via CB10
    01-28-14 08:48 AM
    When you create a new contact, at the top there is now a "save to:......." banner, click on it and it lets you select where to save your contact - Local Contacts, SIM or Email Accounts. Thus allowing you to create a contact that is connected to one or all of your accounts. But it is only when you add a new contact via the phone. The default appears to be all... which I don't like, I don't want contacts saved to my SIM card.
    01-28-14 09:20 AM
    When you create a new contact, you can choose which categories the contact goes into from a drop-down menu: local, SIM and/or [online address books]. I think if you change this once, it will remember your preferences for any new contacts, maybe that is why they named it this way.

For example when you create contact 'A', it will actually make multiple contacts 'A'. One for each category selected, and it merges them together so you still only see one 'A' in your Contacts app. So if you only want contact 'A' on your SIM, make sure you only select that category. It will show in your Contacts app, but it will never be 'sync'ed' to any online source.
    01-28-14 09:28 AM
    Allright thanks guys

Posted via CB10
    01-28-14 11:02 AM
    The big question is there any way to set an account to sync to Google or other after it has been created?

This is a very common use case for me and this will cover the situations where users forget to click on the button when they create the account.
    01-28-14 02:53 PM