How do I clear the Autofill pop up in the BB10 browser? Deleting history does not remove previous items..

Posted via CB10
    12-07-14 01:51 PM
    Clear cookies and other data.
    12-07-14 03:15 PM
    Perhaps there's something wrong with my browser but, as intuitive as this should have been, for some reason, the auto recommend bar below my URL input line still springs up previously entered search words.

I'm pretty well-versed with BB devices but this one has me stumped. One would think that clearing the history as well as the cookies and other data would reset everything but it doesn't. Is this happening to anyone else?
    01-19-15 10:24 AM
    It's not a browser issue.

You'll have to go to Device Settings > Language & Input > Prediction & Correction > (tap) Clear Learnt Words.

 Q5
    01-19-15 10:54 AM
    It's not a browser issue.

You'll have to go to Device Settings > Language & Input > Prediction & Correction > (tap) Clear Learnt Words.

 Q5
    While that also sounds intuitive and logical, this also doesn't work. I typically set all auto features like spell checks, word predictions, search suggestions, etc. to off as I don't like keeping anything in the cache.

Unfortunately, I just can't seem to eliminate this auto suggestion or word prediction feature from within the browser URL address bar.
    01-19-15 11:12 AM
    Don't know but works alright for me that way.

Try another thing: in Browser Settings > Display & Actions > Toggle Off "Search Suggestions"

 Q5
    01-19-15 11:37 AM
    There were some older threads of others who had this issue as well, but none of them arrived at a solution.

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...rowser-829561/

It seems that even if you turn off the predictive text feature globally in the Language & Input menu, it still doesn't turn it off in the browser.
    01-19-15 12:10 PM
    Even " universal search" affects the browse , so it may be a good idea to clear that and turn it off if it is bothering you.

How do you clear autofill entries in the browser?-img_20150119_182539.png

Posted via CB10
    01-19-15 12:26 PM
    Thanks for all the suggestions. Unfortunately, that pesky predictive text still rears its head in the browser URL address bar.
    01-19-15 01:07 PM
    Update: Problem solved.

Problem: A glitch in the software. The culprit was indeed in the predictive text feature. The glitch was that even though it was turned off in the Prediction & Correction menu, everything in that menu category was in actuality all enabled and running.

It was strange because I double checked that all the features were turned off yet when I went to type within any application, I noticed auto-capitalization, spell check, period on 2 spaces, etc...all features were activated.

The remedy was actually to just shut the device completely off and upon restart, all the Prediction & Correction features were reset to default. From here, I specifically re-selected the features I wanted enabled or disabled. Everything worked as one would expect after that.

Conclusion: Passport/BB10 glitch in the Prediction & Correction settings not responding to your specifically selected settings. Reboot solved the problem.
    01-19-15 09:34 PM