I have decided to move from my BlackBerry Z10 to my new OnePlus 2. I want to move/transfer my WhatsApp messages/chat history over to my OnePlus 2 for which I need to restore my WhatsApp on my OnePlus 2 from my backup created on my BlackBerry Z10. I tried all the steps mentioned on the official WhatsApp help site but it didn't work (created a backup on my Z10 manually, which was in .crypt (something like messageStore-YYYY-MM-DD.1.db.crypt) file format, installed WhatsApp on my OnePlus 2, opened it and set it up and let it create a 'WhatsApp/Databases' folder on the filesystem, uninstalled it, copied the .crypt file in WhatsApp/Databases and deleted the .crypt8 file already present in that folder, it didn't prompt for a restore on reinstalling WhatsApp). Then I renamed the .crypt file (which was something like messageStore-YYYY-MM-DD.1.db.crypt) from my Z10 to msgstore.db.crypt8, repeated the reinstalling process, this time it prompted for a restore but it couldn't complete the restore when it tried to do it.

I'm now stuck, having no idea how to do it. Please help me.
    08-31-15 05:53 AM
    There is an option within the whatsapp settings to back up your message history. Although I'm not sure if the files will be in the same format OnePlus uses

Posted via my awesome BlackBerry Passport 10.3.2.2639 
    08-31-15 06:04 AM
    Unfortunately, our clients on different platforms do not use compatible database or encryption formats. As such, there is no way to transfer message history between platforms.
    JohnGrey and qwertyhgfdsa like this.
    08-31-15 10:44 AM