Hi all. Previously, i had all my contacts synced to my gmail account. so long story short, all updates i do on my blackberry whether adding, REMOVING/DELETING or updating contacts, it updates as well on my gmail and all my android phones and i loved every bit of it.

Now i reformatted my phone, and i have to transfer back my contacts from to gmail to blackberry. So how do i go about that? should i enter my gmail to my email on blackberry and all contacts would sync? or go to contacts and add my gmail account on it? but wont that delete all my contacts in gmail as it will read the blackberry as empty, and it will empty the gmail contacts as well to match on what is on my blackberry like before i reformatted my phone?
    12-31-14 04:49 AM
    Hi all. Previously, i had all my contacts synced to my gmail account. so long story short, all updates i do on my blackberry whether adding, REMOVING/DELETING or updating contacts, it updates as well on my gmail and all my android phones and i loved every bit of it.

Now i reformatted my phone, and i have to transfer back my contacts from to gmail to blackberry. So how do i go about that? should i enter my gmail to my email on blackberry and all contacts would sync? or go to contacts and add my gmail account on it? but wont that delete all my contacts in gmail as it will read the blackberry as empty, and it will empty the gmail contacts as well to match on what is on my blackberry like before i reformatted my phone?
    No just add account and it'll pull down your contacts. Only way to get rid of your contacts would be to actually delete them yourself.
    popengchan likes this.
    12-31-14 04:58 AM
    No just add account and it'll pull down your contacts. Only way to get rid of your contacts would be to actually delete them yourself.
    im really sorry for my ignorance, i had a lot of questions and you are answering each one of them thanks so much.
    i just added my gmail account and the emails already synced, but the contacts are still empty. its like 30 mins from then on. am i missing something?
    12-31-14 05:13 AM
    im really sorry for my ignorance, i had a lot of questions and you are answering each one of them thanks so much.
    i just added my gmail account and the emails already synced, but the contacts are still empty. its like 30 mins from then on. am i missing something?
    Do you have alot of emails on Gmail? Did you turn that switch on to sync contacts as well?

Answering questions bit... No worries I like doing this in my spare time..
    popengchan likes this.
    12-31-14 05:15 AM
    Do you have alot of emails on Gmail? Did you turn that switch on to sync contacts as well?

Answering questions bit... No worries I like doing this in my spare time..
    apologies really, where is the option to sync contacts on bb? when i open the settings on gmail on bb it only has limited options like append messages, use push if supported etc. where is sync contacts? thanks!
    12-31-14 05:18 AM
    apologies really, where is the option to sync contacts on bb? when i open the settings on gmail on bb it only has limited options like append messages, use push if supported etc. where is sync contacts? thanks!
    When you set up the Gmail account in settings there is an option to sync calendar, emails, and contacts. If you selected contacts on it should sync it all over.

Posted via CB10
    popengchan likes this.
    12-31-14 08:47 AM