I would describe myself as old school. I've been using the same T-Mobile USA SIM card for some time and whenever I've needed to transfer my contacts to another phone, I just removed the SIM card and inserted into the new phone. It was that easy! To be honest, I still haven't had an issue with this method. However I see that with this new age of technological advancements I'm going to have to adapt eventually.

I want to avoid using BlackBerry Link if at all possible, but if I need to I guess I have no choice. How do I export the phone numbers on my BlackBerry Z30 Contacts Application to my Outlook e-mail? I already have some contacts in my Outlook and to prevent the issue of having duplicates I'm willing to delete them all. After all this won't be much of a problem because like I've said it's all backed up into my SIM card anyhow. If I delete my current Outlook contacts, I can just re-add them when I export them from my SIM Card anyway.

The problem however are Skype contacts. I don't know if I can add their username/e-mail for Skype to the current contacts application. If I add let's say a phone number for a guy named "John" and I happen to have him on my Outlook for a Skype contact, will I have a "John" with one piece of information (Name, address, e-mail, etc) and another for his Skype username (live ID or whatever it's called)? Also does this then increase my chances of accidentally e-mailing someone the wrong information? I don't want to be joking around with a friend and accidentally e-mail a person I normally would have never now that I have a bunch of new contacts to my Outlook address.

Lastly let's say I have another friend named, "Charles Xavier" or something like that and I export him from my contacts app to my Outlook e-mail. Let's say on his Outlook e-mail he goes by "Charlie". How will his name appear on my Outlook? Will it be "Charles" as he is currently on my contacts or would it be "Charlie" as he calls himself on his e-mail account?
    10-07-14 08:53 PM
    I want to avoid using BlackBerry Link if at all possible, but if I need to I guess I have no choice.

I peronally only use it for Backups. It's not bad for backup/restore now. But that alone.

How do I export the phone numbers on my BlackBerry Z30 Contacts Application to my Outlook e-mail?

I'm on 10.3.1 but I believe this works for 10.2.1 as well: Contacts > said local contact > overflow (the three dots) >Copy to > select your Outlook.com email.

The problem however are Skype contacts.

You and I brother.

I don't know if I can add their username/e-mail for Skype to the current contacts application. If I add let's say a phone number for a guy named "John" and I happen to have him on my Outlook for a Skype contact, will I have a "John" with one piece of information (Name, address, e-mail, etc) and another for his Skype username (live ID or whatever it's called)?

Yes, but then you merge the two entries and they become one contact. You can also Contacts > said local contact > Edit > Add custom field > Instant Messenger, change it to Skype and add his skype name. Not sure it will allow the Contacts app to autolink once you get Skype on, but you can do that.

Also does this then increase my chances of accidentally e-mailing someone the wrong information?

Only if you are not paying attention to what you're doing.

Lastly let's say I have another friend named, "Charles Xavier" or something like that and I export him from my contacts app to my Outlook e-mail. Let's say on his Outlook e-mail he goes by "Charlie". How will his name appear on my Outlook? Will it be "Charles" as he is currently on my contacts or would it be "Charlie" as he calls himself on his e-mail account?

It's a direct copy. Why would anything change when you copy?
    Have fun!
    MobileMadness002 likes this.
    10-08-14 08:41 AM