I have a Torch 9850 with a lot of pretty important memos, which are backed up to Outlook on my laptop. I recently bought a Z10 with 10.2 on Verizon, and I transferred my calendar and contacts from my Torch to my Z10 using Device Switch on Link (1.2.4.27). It did a pretty lousy job on the calendar, but it did it. The memos didn't transfer, nor can I find any setting in Link to make them transfer, either from the Torch or from Outlook.

First question, is there any way to transfer my memos from my Torch or Outlook to the Z10? At this point, the only thing I can think of is copying and pasting them into a bunch of Word docs and sending them as attachments.

Second question, if I can't transfer the memos to Remember, I'd much prefer using another memo app anyway. Can someone recommend an app that is nice and simple like the memo app in OS7?

Thanks for any help.
    03-28-15 10:20 PM
    Two days, 130 views, no solutions. I couldn't find a good one either. I downloaded MemoPad from BBW. Then I copied all of my Memos from Outlook, Emailed them to myself, opened them on the Z10, and copied and pasted them into MemoPad. It was a lot of work for something Blackberry should have allowed for in the first place. Would it have been so difficult to provide for this function in Link?
    03-30-15 07:35 PM
    I believe you can transfer Memopad items to Remember by running Device Switch from BlackBerry on both phones. But the formatting is pretty messed up.

Posted via CB10
    03-30-15 10:03 PM
    As I stated above, there is no setting on Link's Device Switch to transfer memos, just calendar and contacts. Device Switch did transfer my tasks into Remember, in an unusable form, but it did not transfer my memos.

If anyone can actually post instructions to make the transfer of memos happen, I'm sure there are others that would find the information helpful.
    03-31-15 02:23 PM
    When you say memo do you mean notes?

Notes in outlook integrates with the Remember app (assuming you are using an exchage/ active sync). Or get Evernote ? Are you familiar with that app.

Sent from my ‪ Passport ‪
    03-31-15 03:00 PM
    As I stated above, there is no setting on Link's Device Switch to transfer memos, just calendar and contacts. Device Switch did transfer my tasks into Remember, in an unusable form, but it did not transfer my memos.

If anyone can actually post instructions to make the transfer of memos happen, I'm sure there are others that would find the information helpful.
    Device Switch is an app from BlackBerry. You have to download it to each of your devices. Follow the instructions to pair the devices. The transfer is completed via Bluetooth. No PC or Link needed.

Posted via CB10
    03-31-15 08:26 PM
    Looks like manually cutting and pasting is your best bet, that what I do for my 9310 to z10.

Posted via CB10 via the Internets
    04-01-15 04:06 AM
    The way I did it was to install Evernote on my desktop PC where Microsoft Outlook is installed. Evernote allows you to import your Outlook notes. Finally, install Evernote on your BlackBerry Z10 and sync over all your memos to the Z10.

It works!
    04-01-15 04:49 AM
    Yes, memo=note. No, to people who keep recommending Device Switch, this will NOT transfer memos/notes. There is no setting to do that, just calendar & contacts. I tried pairing my phones multiple times and all that would transfer were calendar, contacts, and an unintelligible version of tasks. And despite trying multiple times, I cannot get notes in Outlook on my laptop to transfer to Remember. I think maybe this only works with Outlook.com (?), which is not what I asked about.

I did end up doing the cutting and pasting routine. Tedious, but it worked. I didn't know that Evernote would work for this...good to know, thank you, although I still think BB should have provided for their software to do this directly, rather than interposing an additional program.
    04-02-15 05:19 PM
    for posterity: the Device Switch app is actually not a BlackBerry Ltd. product, so if you do use it don't be put off that the BlackBerry World listing doesn't show the vendor as being 'BlackBerry'.

When I switched from BB7.1 to BB10.0 my Memo notes showed up in Remember. When I switched from my Z30 running 10.2.1 to a Passport running 10.3.0, the categories of my Remember notes became bizarrely inevitable (I could edit the text of the note but I could not change a note's catrgory) and in the end the way it was fixed was by using Backup Pro from BlackBerry World to backup JUST the Remember data, then immediately restoring but selecting the option to clear the data on the device.

Sorry you spent so much time copy-pasting but at least you have your data.

Posted via CB10
    04-02-15 05:59 PM