One thing I have not been able to figure out in the past year with BB10 and remains an annoyance is the fact that I get e-mail from say LinkedIn and/or Facebook. While I have the applications installed on my device they always open in the browser, making me to login over and over again and just doesn't seem to be "smooth". In other devices I can set the affinity within either the OS or the email application.

If this exists in BB10 I have not been able to find it...

Who can lead me to the setting that I need to change?
    02-04-14 08:19 AM
    In order to avoid constantly signing in, you should add your LinkedIn information as an account. Settings>Accounts>Add Account (LinkedIn should be listed under the other providers) Shouldn't ask you to sign in all the time.

EDIT : You can also add a FaceBook account as well.
    Last edited by OniBerry; 02-04-14 at 09:49 AM.
    02-04-14 09:04 AM
    I have LinkedIn and Facebook listed there yet it keeps behaving in ways I do not expect. For instance inside the LinkedIn app I see a link to a post someone made in LinkedIn. I click it and am routed from the app to the browser...

The kicker??

The browser loads with an image saving I should download the app or I can continue to the site....

Aargh

Posted via CB10
    aelaan likes this.
    02-04-14 09:07 PM
    I have LinkedIn and Facebook listed there yet it keeps behaving in ways I do not expect. For instance inside the LinkedIn app I see a link to a post someone made in LinkedIn. I click it and am routed from the app to the browser...

The kicker??

The browser loads with an image saving I should download the app or I can continue to the site....

Aargh

Posted via CB10
    Exactly!! That is my point totally, I do have the accounts setup and it just keeps behaving like this - maybe something for the next uplift.
    02-05-14 08:52 AM
    So since there are no new replies this is just another "who cares about BlackBerry move" by app builders?

Deploy and forget

Posted via CB10
    04-20-14 10:29 PM
    Try tweeting to LinkedIn on twitter?

Posted via CB10
    04-21-14 03:49 AM
    Yes, this is another little annoyance that makes the whole user experience not smooth. There are too many of them for comfortable using the device.
    04-21-14 05:42 AM
    One thing I have not been able to figure out in the past year with BB10 and remains an annoyance is the fact that I get e-mail from say LinkedIn and/or Facebook. While I have the applications installed on my device they always open in the browser, making me to login over and over again and just doesn't seem to be "smooth". In other devices I can set the affinity within either the OS or the email application.

If this exists in BB10 I have not been able to find it...

Who can lead me to the setting that I need to change?

your accounts are there but you have not logged in and your accounts are not set up. Once set up correctly you will be able to see your notifications in your hub, in your email account and if you go to the app itself it will take you there directly [ no browser]. Just because the icon is there does not mean you have actually set them up. signing via the browser does not set them up within your BB.
    04-21-14 05:58 AM
    Nope. Blackberry accounts and browser cookies are different things.
    04-21-14 07:41 AM
    Exactly!! That is my point totally, I do have the accounts setup and it just keeps behaving like this - maybe something for the next uplift.
    Have you contacted the Developer?

Trusted Member Genius
    04-21-14 11:30 AM