I have searched the forums and the broader net and have found plenty of iPhone and Android users asking this question. I even found the question asked and answered here on Crackberry...unfortunately for BBOS. One thread in the Z10 was started but no answers so I am posting the question here in the OS forum hoping for a wider audience and perhaps an answer.

The issue? Like many, I use bluetooth in the car to connect to the stereo to allow handsfree calling. My car stereo supports A2DP as does my Z10. I use the Z10 for navigation and want to hear the turn by turn voice guidance. The only way to do this is to turn off bluetooth completely or change the stereo's audio source to bluetooth music. This means I can't listen to say...the radio AND hear voice guidance. So this brings me to the title of my post. Can you disable A2DP as a profile? Alternatively, can you force an app to output its audio to the phone's speaker and not Bluetooth?

For what it's worth, here's the BBOS solution but I can't seem to find something similar in BB10.
    I continued my research and experimentation and found a solution!

Options > Networks and Connections > Bluetooth Connections > (Menu) Options > Under "Services" I unchecked "Audio Source".

Audio Source (A2DP)
    This profile allows you to output audio from your BlackBerry device to Bluetooth� enabled devices that support stereo audio such as stereo headsets, speakers, and car kits.

This allowed the BlackBerry Traffic voice commands to be output from the 9900's Speaker and not via the bluetooth.
    05-08-13 09:46 PM
    On my Nokia (Symbian) phone it has a pretty good solution for this.
    Turn-by-turn instructions come over the phone's speaker while your music continues over bluetooth/headphone jack.
    It even lowers the volume of the music a bit while it says its instructions.
    05-08-13 11:39 PM
    Thanks for your reply. Too bad BB10 doesn't seem to be a similarly elegant solution.
    Perhaps someone will pick up this thread and come up with a work around.

Posted via CB10 from my zed10
    05-09-13 05:32 PM
    BT needs a little more work on BB10 in general.

I'm not seeing anything in 10.1 to allow you to just drop A2DP, but offhand I can think of one quick fix: get a little speaker and plug it into the headphone jack. That should redirect the audio, and it might just keep your headset profile operating.

Otherwise, get a little BT speaker with a speakerphone profile. Such a device would let you make calls and keep your phone audio. You wouldn't be able to make calls through the car's own handsfree, but one might hope this would only be a temporary measure.
    05-09-13 05:42 PM
    On my Nokia (Symbian) phone it has a pretty good solution for this.
    Turn-by-turn instructions come over the phone's speaker while your music continues over bluetooth/headphone jack.
    It even lowers the volume of the music a bit while it says its instructions.
    My Z10 does exactly this...

If I'm using turn by turn, the speaker output is too low to be heard, even with the car's stereo turned down. So, I enabled the bluetooth in the stereo, got turn by turn voice through the car speakers, but lots of silence the rest of the time. So, I launched the phone's music player and now I get tunes that fade slightly when the ***** woman wants to mislead me somewhere...

I haven't tried the headphone jack part, though.
    Last edited by SDM7171; 06-12-13 at 03:41 PM. Reason: I d i o t is too much swearing? SHlT....
    06-12-13 03:40 PM
    And with OS 10.2, it is possible to disable A2DP Bluetooth Profile ?
    Last edited by Phr51; 11-06-13 at 01:47 AM.
    11-05-13 12:20 PM
    I’ve recently upgraded from a Bold 9900 to a Z30. After Bluetooth pairing the Z30 to my aftermarket car radio (Clarion model CX609), anytime the radio is turned on, it automatically switches to Bluetooth audio and begins playing songs from my Z30. Both the Bold 9900 and the Z30 support A2DP, but behave differently as the 9900 never started playing audio.
    Bluetooth support:
    Z30 : Bluetooth 4.0 Low Energy (LE) with aptX™ enabled
    9900 : Bluetooth 2.1 + A2DP + EDR
    CX609 : Bluetooth Ver. 2.0 (HFP, OPP, A2DP, AVRCP)
    I haven’t found a way to disable A2DP on either the Z30 or the CX609, which leaves me with having to manually shut down the media player every time the radio turns on, and switching the radio back to the source I had been listening to.
    My Z30 has s/w release 10.2.0.415, and it doesn't appear to be able to disable A2DP. Anyone using the leaked 10.2.1 OS able to disable the A2DP profile?
    11-12-13 03:06 PM
    same problem...
    11-15-13 08:42 AM
    Ya this is pretty frustrating. I had assumed that one could toggle which services they wanted. For example, I have both a Jabra SOLEMATE and a Jabra SUPREME. The Solemate is a fantastic BT speaker which claims it does hands-free as well... problem is, it's really bad at hands free. Not a problem though because I bought it for music/podcasts anyway. The Supreme is BT hands-free earpiece. Problem i'm having is that because they both share the same services, they cannot be connected at the same time. What I had hoped was that I'd be able to disable the "handsfree" service within the BT settings for the Solemate, leaving it to play my music, while also having the Supreme connected for "handsfree" use if a call came in (disabling both the audio sink and a/v control). Anyone know if this is possible in the leaked 10.2.1?

Posted via CB10
    12-11-13 02:19 PM
    I think what you might be looking for are the settings that appear on the device you are connected to...that appears to be wear you can enable/disable different profiles.

This is a bluetooth gateway that I disabled the headset profile on so I can use my other headset but still play music through this one. I think this way actually gives you a by-device setup rather than the whole phone. No?

Hope that helps.

How to disable A2DP Bluetooth Profile?-img_20130508.png
    phylez likes this.
    12-11-13 03:02 PM
    I think what you might be looking for are the settings that appear on the device you are connected to...that appears to be wear you can enable/disable different profiles.

This is a bluetooth gateway that I disabled the headset profile on so I can use my other headset but still play music through this one. I think this way actually gives you a by-device setup rather than the whole phone. No?

Hope that helps.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20130508.png 
Views:	279 
Size:	110.6 KB 
ID:	229104
    What os are you on?

? AT&T Z10 STL100-3/10.2.0.1791 ?
    phylez likes this.
    12-11-13 03:30 PM
    I'm on 10.2.1.1055 but I thought this has been around for a while already. Could be wrong.
    12-11-13 03:33 PM
    Not for the Q10. As far as I know, not for any device, officially. Thanks for the screen shot though! Gives me hope.

Posted via CB10
    12-11-13 09:27 PM
    Sorry to dig up an old thread, but did you guys get this working? AFAIK this has been around since the z10 launched. But you used to only be able to get to this menu when you were actually connected to the device. No you can do it anytime. Press and hold on the device, when the slide out menu appears, select device details, then you should see the menu that @hannibalmoot posted.
    06-03-14 01:30 PM
    Funny that the thread popped back up because I got this going yesterday actually.

Posted via CB10
    06-04-14 12:28 AM