That explains why iOS succeeds. But not Android. Android is fairly daunting to many average users. Yet most learn it or switch to iPhones. In fact one of the first friends I knew that got an Android phone said it was too complicated and switched to an iPhone.

I am not wholly disagreeing with your point -- just saying this attribute alone (interface complexity) is not enough to stop BB10 from growing, imo.
    I've learned to full use my Android with a couple of days. Intuitive as hells.
    Why? Idk, maybe cause if you want hiddent controls, gestures and other things yes of course they are, but if dont you got buttons and clear information on how to get things working anyway.

Im coming from the very old Java based cellphones, then symbian, then touch symbian, then BBOS, then Android to finally arrive here with the BB10. Never ever I've felt so frustraiting like today with this new OS. Its not friendly, its not intuitive (even coming from a legacy device from the same company).
    By no means Im saying that it wont be a solid OS but personally doesnt feel as a natural evolution curve of the devices nowadays. It feels messy, so much (buggy as well).

At the time Im writing this, it self rebooted again (freezed trying to search something in BB World).... thanks God Im not at work.
    Please tell me why must I have to tolarate this behavior on a brand new device? Because of a New OS? Sigh...

RIght now Im not just feeling frustrating, scammed, fooled, desperated... Im feeling lonely, lonely from where I've put my trust & my money. Theres no only one official voice telling me why my phone is random rebooting itself and when will it be fixed for good.

P.S: Force close used to happen on early Androids too, but the difference was theres a huge open community behind fixing those problems in a couple of days, and not vague workarounds.
    06-30-13 03:54 PM
    Why? Idk, maybe cause if you want hiddent controls, gestures and other things yes of course they are, but if dont you got buttons and clear information on how to get things working anyway.

Im coming from the very old Java based cellphones, then symbian, then touch symbian, then BBOS, then Android to finally arrive here with the BB10. Never ever I've felt so frustraiting like today with this new OS. Its not friendly, its not intuitive (even coming from a legacy device from the same company).
    By no means Im saying that it wont be a solid OS but personally doesnt feel as a natural evolution curve of the devices nowadays. It feels messy, so much (buggy as well).

At the time Im writing this, it self rebooted again (freezed trying to search something in BB World).... thanks God Im not at work.
    Please tell me why must I have to tolarate this behavior on a brand new device? Because of a New OS? Sigh...

RIght now Im not just feeling frustrating, scammed, fooled, desperated... Im feeling lonely, lonely from where I've put my trust & my money. Theres no only one official voice telling me why my phone is random rebooting itself and when will it be fixed for good.

P.S: Force close used to happen on early Androids too, but the difference was theres a huge open community behind fixing those problems in a couple of days, and not vague workarounds.
    Don't feel lonely - there are a ton of us out here too..

Posted by CB10 from Q10
    06-30-13 07:34 PM
    This one sentence explains why BB10 will have a tough time succeeding.

The fact of the matter is that a smartphone shouldn't be so complicated that people need to "learn how to use" it. Apple's success with the iPhone is that it is completely intuitive -- as in other than a quick start guide, anyone from a teenager to a senior citizen can quickly figure out what they need to do to get what they want out of the device. Sure, there may be short cuts, hidden commands and other, more elaborate gestures that could simplify or enhance usage but the basic commands should be so easy to figure out that it just comes naturally.

BB10 was marketed as being so intuitive that it was THE OS of all OS's...well, the proof is in the pudding and swiping up, left, right and down to get to where you need to go was far less intuitive than the geniuses in Waterloo thought. That's what happens when all you do is listen to paid hacks and fanboys about how good you are.
    No wonder the world is in such a mess. People can't figure out 6 actions on a smartphone. But then again, most of the population don't know how to program the old VCR either. I guess you can call the iPhone a stupidphone and the Android/BB a smartphone as only smart people should use them.
    07-01-13 07:10 AM
    Talking about missing things... what about the lock screen shortcut? I know there's already the power button method but would be great to have an on screen alternative. I will be damn faster to use.

Right now to lock the device it's kinda slow: Power button > waiting for prompt menu > then locking the device.

Also would be great the option to customize the bottom bar adding/removing icons, shortcuts, and so on.

Posted via CB10
    07-01-13 08:42 AM
    How did BBRY miss so many basic features?-img_20130770.png
    How did BBRY miss so many basic features?-img_20130771.png
    How did BBRY miss so many basic features?-img_20130772.png
    How did BBRY miss so many basic features?-img_20130773.png

Posted via my Q10 SQN100-1
    mikeo007 likes this.
    07-01-13 09:09 AM
    Our company is considering moving to BB10. We have recently deployed a few test units to get feedback. All three users are past BlackBerry power users. After only a few weeks we have an extensive list of issues and missing features. To me it seems like the OS was built without the BB loyal in mind. Here is our list to date:

1. -Can't dial phone number from Calendar subject line
    2. -Can't dial phone number from Browser
    3. -Capitalization issues on autocorrect
    4. -speed dial on Q10 home screen
    5. -Auto On/Off missing
    6. -Custom notifications with Scheduling missing
    7. -Social Gaming BBM notifications can't be disabled
    8. -Have to unlock phone to end call
    9. -Previous search in Phone app has to be erased
    10. -When making a call and minimizing the phone app to do something else while it is dialing it keeps popping up to full screen
    11. -Can't modify a pasted phone number
    12. -Slow calendar refresh, seems to be an ActiveSync issue related to reoccurring meetings
    13. -Allow disabling Balance on BES10 - we issue hardware at my work, Balance is a BYOD feature, why can't I disable it?
    14. -Dial by directory on the Q10 does not work holding alt and typing the letters.
    15. -You can't lock the screen with the power button during a call

Basic basic stuff here. I understand this is essentially a first gen OS, but I don't think that is an excuse for some of these basic features being left out. A simple trial of BB10 with a few power users prior to launch would have identified these issues and could have had them corrected shortly after launch.

/End Rant
    I agree with most of this. The hanging up issue is a real problem, or the phone is locked, or it does not want to hang up. Seems a slow process. I have to locked the phone on most calls or my face (and I am not fat) hits random buttons on the calling screen.

Microscopic fonts on email is a major fail for people that are vision challenged.

Having a list of known issues or desires is great, the question is how long to implement. At the speed that carriers are pushing out updates, which can be slow, this will just lead to more and more frustration from the faithful (like me).
    07-01-13 09:26 AM

I found Android to be just as complex if not more in some ways - a myriad of settings followed by settings. To each his/her own.
    07-01-13 12:43 PM
    I am a BB devotee like most of us and I bought the Z10 a week and a half ago and I can't say that I am thrilled about the new operating system. Although my complaints are not as technical as Dave's (not that they aren't valid), I do think that BB failed to take into consideration the features that made BB users loyal to their phone. Here is the list of my complaints and I really need to know if these issues are going to be addressed in updates in the very near future, so that I can make a decision as to whether I need to return this to the AT&T store:

1. Obviously, the very poor battery life. Anytime the battery goes dead while the phone is plugged into the charger and had been charging for one hour, is a huge problem. Like everyone else, I don't have a lot of apps running in the background, I have disabled almost everything that the phone is supposed to do and the darn thing still won't keep a charge. I don't like feeling like I need to be tethered to a charger (wall or car) to have the slightest chance of having phone service.
    2.Emails not synching with Outlook open on my desktop. My email account uses a POP server allowing my emails to go from my Yahoo account to Outlook. However, when Outlook is open on my dekstop, my emails do not come to my BB. So when I leave the office for instance with Outlook still open on my desktop, I don't get any emails on my BB. I agree that it seems that Blackberry completely forgot who its users were as one of the main reasons that we carry a Blackberry around is so that we can have access to our emails at all times.
    3. Like #2 above, this is also an email related issue. Not really sure who at Blackberry thought that it was a good idea to get rid of the option that would allow you to delete emails on your device without deleting the emails from your email inbox. The Blackberry is a convenience device, not the primary tool for conducting business, thus it should not have the ability to "control" my email inbox without giving me an option to do so. I am starting to agree with other users that BB tried to capture a younger fun-seeking buyer (that it was never going to get because of the poor app offerings) and forgot about its business users that need something a littel more substantive and a lot like what we already had but in a updated smartphone.
    4. Further to my last point in #3, I am not sure why Blackberry thought it was important to include Twitter and Linked In in the Hub. These things are great but they are not nearly as important as being able to get my emails to sync timely and correctly.I wish Blackberry would have spent a little more time on these issues and I don't care if iPhone and Android phones have the same issues because I have not been loyal to them for the last 10 years.
    5. Lastly, out of all of the information that I was able to transfer from my Blackberry Curve, I am not sure why Blackberry thought that it was a good idea to make Passowrd Keeper an app and not a regular feature on the Z10, especially since I was not able to get the information that I kept in my Password Keeper on my curve before pruchasing the Z10. I would have gladly opted out of the FourSqaure, Facebook, Story Maker or Box apps if Blackberry would have kept Password Keeper asan automatic feature on the Z10 and allowed my information to automatically be transferred over.
    07-01-13 09:19 PM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20130770.png 
Views:	184 
Size:	184.3 KB 
ID:	177871

Name:	IMG_20130771.png 
Size:	202.9 KB 
ID:	177872

Name:	IMG_20130772.png 
Size:	190.3 KB 
ID:	177873

Name:	IMG_20130773.png 
Size:	165.5 KB 
ID:	177874

Posted via my Q10 SQN100-1
    Hi Kris - sorry, I'm late to this thread post but WHAT IS THIS LIST??? And how do I get OPEN VPN support/functionality on there?

The list is great - if BlackBerry are addressing it - but they seem "cosmetic" - probably the wrong word, though I was initially going to go with "petty". I don't want to offend, and I'm sure people really want those simple things - there may even be people that won't purchase because the date is missing, when one peeks...

However, real functionality is missing. Commercial vpn use is one.

BIS is gone. Security is key. OPEN VPN... please!

Posted via CB10 on my BlackBerry Q10
    sonic_reducer likes this.
    07-02-13 02:02 AM
84 ... 234