I am in Canada and prefer the DD/MM/YY setting over the MM/DD/YY that is the default. The only way I have found is to change my region in the Settings > Language and Input to United Kingdom (English). If I put Canada (English) I still get MM/DD/YY. Is there another way?

Now another and unforseen problem - after changing over, the BlackBerry dots have disappeared from between the WiFi and network indicators. I've tried several reboots and nothing. I've changed all the settings back to how I remember them. Help! The date is still wrong and now no BBM possible. Data is working. My other phones (WiFi only and untouched -- one on UK English, one on Canadian English) work fine on BBM.

I may have solved my own problem but will leave this here in case others have the same issue. When I finally gave up and removed the Rogers SIM from my Q10 to put it in the working Z10, I then got the BB dots indicating connection to the BB server on the Q10 (now WiFi only) and never lost them on the Z10 (now with the SIM in it). I then changed the Q10's Language to English (UK) and Region settings to United Kingdom (English) before re-inserting the SIM card in it. After insertion, the BB symbol returned. Don't know for certain why.
    Last edited by Anilu7; 12-01-13 at 03:18 AM. Reason: Update - found a solution of sorts.
    12-01-13 02:48 AM
    I believe changing language is the only way to set that up...

As for you being able to access BlackBerry servers (the dots), it was probably a minor connectivity issue between BlackBerry and your carrier.

Still, glad to know it is all working!
    Anilu7 likes this.
    12-01-13 08:18 AM
    BlackBerry had server issues this morning.

Posted via CB10
    Anilu7 likes this.
    12-01-13 11:56 AM