Hey all, been having a lot of problems s with my wifi lately in that it is just turning itself off without warning, especially from my home network where i use it the most. As a result a huge amt of my data is getting burned up long before my monthly rollover. This is a big problem as I spend a lot of time sitting on the side of the road in the ambulance waiting for calls and my z10 is often my sanity saver. Any thoughts on how to prevent this other than turning the data off at home( will never remember to turn back on). Have never had a problem before only in the last few months .
    Thanks

Posted via CB10
    06-07-14 03:50 PM
    06-07-14 06:00 PM
    I don't think there is an answer to this question. I have read maybe half of that thread and no one has found solutions that work 100% of the time.

Sorry.
    06-07-14 06:27 PM
    Oh Yeah that used to be a problem for some users Including me. I think there was a bad install or a rogue app that was messing with the wifi.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using CB Forums mobile app
    06-07-14 06:49 PM
    I've not had this happen to me. Is it OS version related?

Q10SQN100-1/10.2.1.2273
    06-07-14 06:52 PM
    Greaaaaate....so not likely gonna get fixed anytime soon .
    Sigh

Posted via CB10
    06-07-14 07:02 PM
    Damn, still being plagued by this!! Has anyone heard anything new with regards to a solution?
    06-17-14 05:47 AM
    You have to wipe and reload the OS BUT you cannot restore your system settings only your media and app data

Posted via CB10
    06-17-14 05:49 AM
    Is this problem solved already? I have the same issue before, all I did is I went to network settings->wifi ->saved
    Look for your network and enable it, this solved mine

Posted via Mighty Z30 ?
    06-17-14 12:34 PM
    No word yet on a permanent fix. Sorry.

Posted via CB10
    06-17-14 12:43 PM
    all I did is I went to network settings->wifi ->saved
    Look for your network and enable it, this solved mine...just try it

Posted via Mighty Z30 ?
    06-20-14 02:33 PM
    Try un installing saved networks and reinstall...

Posted via CB10
    06-20-14 02:35 PM
    Just turn the data off when you go home. It's not that hard of a concept.

Posted via CB10
    06-20-14 02:36 PM
    Just turn the data off when you go home. It's not that hard of a concept.

Posted via CB10
    Yes, but he should not have to. That's the issue.
    imcurved likes this.
    06-20-14 02:39 PM
    Gee....why didn't I think of that!!!....actually I did, I mentioned not wanting to have to keep turning off data in my original post. It may not be that hard a concept, but after working 12 hours straight in an ambulance dealing with everyone's crisis, and juggling two kids and life in general, just remembering to turn off the data can be a bit harder than you think. All that aside as the previous response states, I shouldn't have to, with everything blackberry 10 can do they should be able to fix this. But thanks for your comment.
    hamsterwheel and SnoozerBold like this.
    06-21-14 02:08 PM
    Gee....why didn't I think of that!!!....actually I did, I mentioned not wanting to have to keep turning off data in my original post. It may not be that hard a concept, but after working 12 hours straight in an ambulance dealing with everyone's crisis, and juggling two kids and life in general, just remembering to turn off the data can be a bit harder than you think. All that aside as the previous response states, I shouldn't have to, with everything blackberry 10 can do they should be able to fix this. But thanks for your comment.
    Have you called BlackBerry directly to speak with their techs. Maybe they can provide an in house solution as to us only being able to provide guesses, and temporary workarounds.
    06-21-14 03:28 PM
    I feel you. It's annoying to have to remember to turn off data but unfortunately there's no fix yet. BlackBerry has said they're working on it. It's fixed in 10.3 and they're trying to fix it for versions out now but there's nothing yet.

Another "fix" is there's a program called GeoToolBox (it's not free) but you can set it so when you get to a certain location it can turn wifi on/off and a number of different things. Not sure if it will turn data off but you can have it send you a message when you get home to turn data off.

I know it's no fix but it's an idea and I'm going to start doing it now.

Posted via CB10. Over my carrier's data connection due to "Limited WiFi"
    06-21-14 04:14 PM
    Thanks for the positive feedback guys. At least I know I'm not alone. blackberry people rock!!
    06-24-14 06:04 PM