I upgraded to 10.2.1 specifically to get my Square payment app working properly (based on reports that it did). Now that I've discovered that it still doesn't work, I'm starting to discover the annoyances in 10.2.1 that I was intentionally avoiding until now.

The floating action bar is a colossal waste of space, especially on the Z10's screen, and doesn't fit nicely with what is mostly an uncluttered OS. I've managed to hide it in BBM, but it's beyond comprehension why they didn't design a similar "off" button for emails and SMS.

I'd also like to hide the "previous" and "next" buttons that appear floating over top of my emails now. One reason I despise Android phones is this useless crap that floats around the screen everywhere and detracts from the task at hand. We have gestures for this action, I don't need the buttons.
    03-12-14 06:05 PM
    I don't know of a way to remove them permanently, but when in am e-mail they will disappear after a second or two until you begin to scroll again.

To be honest I never noticed these before and for my use may find them beneficial, thanks for bringing up this thread.
    03-12-14 06:11 PM
    Go to Hub Settings and turn off "display next and previous overlays in email messages".

TAN OKAN Q10
    madx80h likes this.
    03-12-14 06:23 PM
    I find them useless.

The floating action bar: What's more important? The ability to add attachments and select importance while composing an email or screen space to type in? Attachments and importance can and should be set before or after the email has been composed, not during typing. Hence the bar is useless and adds nothing while typing and should be removed.

The back/forward buttons: They appear when you're scrolling, which is probably when you're reading a message and not interested in skipping through them.

I shouldn't have updated to this sorry excuse of an OS.
    neo316 likes this.
    03-12-14 06:24 PM
    Go to Hub Settings and turn off "display next and previous overlays in email messages".
    Great, thank you. I looked three times and could have sworn it wasn't there.

Now I wonder if I can get my camera to work properly again....
    03-12-14 06:26 PM
    Great, thank you. I looked three times and could have sworn it wasn't there.

Now I wonder if I can get my camera to work properly again....
    What's wrong with it?

Posted via CB10
    03-12-14 06:35 PM
    What's wrong with it?
    There's been a few times now that when I open the camera app, the AE/AF point doesn't display, the previously captured photo doesn't show in the corner and I can't tap to take a photo.

Seems to be working now though.
    03-12-14 06:52 PM
    There's been a few times now that when I open the camera app, the AE/AF point doesn't display, the previously captured photo doesn't show in the corner and I can't tap to take a photo.

Seems to be working now though.
    Hmm. I don't use my camera very much but it'd be worth trying to side load the camera bar.

Posted via CB10
    03-14-14 08:22 AM
    I find them useless.

The floating action bar: What's more important? The ability to add attachments and select importance while composing an email or screen space to type in? Attachments and importance can and should be set before or after the email has been composed, not during typing. Hence the bar is useless and adds nothing while typing and should be removed.

The back/forward buttons: They appear when you're scrolling, which is probably when you're reading a message and not interested in skipping through them.

I shouldn't have updated to this sorry excuse of an OS.
    useless is right. you can also do (white viewing a message) a right swipe (peeks into inbox) + up (sideways L), or right swipe + down to go to previous/ next message.
    03-14-14 08:33 AM
    So much anger directed at the . somehow little things are blown out of proportion..

Posted via CB10
    03-14-14 11:55 PM