Question for fellow crackberians: I have most of the contact on the Exchange server. Wanted to copy them over to the Outlook.com account. Some of the have "copy to" option in the overflow menu, but most not. Also I would be painful to copy all of them one by one by one.
    Is there way to migrate my contact in one shot from my BlackBerry?

Posted via CB10
    04-26-15 01:51 PM
    Ammm by syncing from bb?

Also I would be surprised if google would not return any result for a query: export outlook contacts to outlook.com

Posted via fantastic BlackBerry Passport. Damn, this thing is so awesome, that I am short of words to describe it's awesomenes. Like Majestic As...
    04-26-15 07:15 PM
    Nope. Is not syncing. I tried to enforce sync by toggling "sync contacts" toggle on and off, but no avail.
    Google: export vcf, then convert to csv then import to Outlook.com. Local characters scrambled in proces.
    I did my homework before posting, you know.

Posted via CB10
    04-27-15 12:44 AM
    Several ways, sounds like you have them in outlook. Microsoft has a hotmail sync adapter that will sync them.

Also in outlook you can change the view and export them.

You can also change the view and do a select all from the edit menu and drag and drop.

If their not syncing from BB, make sure you have the right list as default. It seems to like to pick local which sucks if you sync and creates duplicates. Uncheck local and try and make sure your contacts are in the right book.
    1Criz likes this.
    04-27-15 02:34 AM
    Question: How do I uncheck local? I see only names of the remote accounts in the Contact setting , i.e. no local.

Posted via CB10
    04-27-15 05:04 AM
    I did migrated from Google to Outlook as well.
    And did it hard way, via vcf. Lost my pictures, some personal info and local, Lithuanian characters.
    But edited contacts at outlook site, half an hour lost, but managed to work it correctly.

Posted via the CrackBerry App
    04-27-15 02:40 PM
    I did migrated from Google to Outlook as well.
    And did it hard way, via vcf. Lost my pictures, some personal info and local, Lithuanian characters.
    But edited contacts at outlook site, half an hour lost, but managed to work it correctly.

Posted via the CrackBerry App
    Interesting, as I moved from gmail to outlook.com via outlook.com "transfer" tool

Posted via fantastic BlackBerry Passport. Damn, this thing is so awesome, that I am short of words to describe it's awesomenes. Like Majestic As...
    04-27-15 02:44 PM
    Question: How do I uncheck local? I see only names of the remote accounts in the Contact setting , i.e. no local.

Posted via CB10
    I agree, not sure why they bury all the settings...

First, from within contact, swipe down from top and chose settings. Scroll down and turn on only the one account you want to be your contacts. While there, scroll down to the bottom and make sure your SIM card is clear (except carrier stuff like voicemail etc...)

Next, from the home screen chose Settings ==> Accounts ==> then at the very bottom hit set defaults. Here you want to set your default email and calendar. Then while in accounts hit the three little dots on the bottom right and clear your local contacts and calendars.

Now, each time you create a new contact while on your Berry, look at the very top after you hit new contact and you'll see a part that says "Save to"... Select that and you can uncheck local...

Not sure why there isn't a default for this setting so you don't have to do this each time but I haven't been able to locate the default if it's there. My goal is to have one set of contacts which are my Gmail sync'd contacts and my theory is this eliminates chances for duplicates.
    1Criz likes this.
    04-27-15 07:19 PM