When backing up in Link three options are available: app data, media and settings. I doubt the calendar, contacts and email are in the latter two categories but the first one has 400 mb which doesn't make sense since I only have 200 contacts ,60 calendar entries and 80 emails saved. Does anyone know if these are in app data?

Posted with Q10
    08-05-13 11:14 AM
    When backing up in Link three options are available: app data, media and settings. I doubt the calendar, contacts and email are in the latter two categories but the first one has 400 mb which doesn't make sense since I only have 200 contacts ,60 calendar entries and 80 emails saved. Does anyone know if these are in app data?

Posted with Q10
    I believe Link just knows (automatically) backs up that info. Yes I think its in the application data.
    08-05-13 11:56 AM
    Straight from the manual it says:

About backing up and restoring data

You can back up and restore most of the data on your BlackBerry device, including settings, phone history, fonts, saved searches, browser bookmarks, messages, organizer data, and media files.

Later it states in regards to device switching:

A BlackBerry smartphone running BlackBerry Device Software 5.0 or later
    Another device running BlackBerry 10 OS

If you switch from a smartphone running BlackBerry Device Software 5.0 or later, you can transfer:

Device settings
    Phone history
    Music, pictures, and videos stored on the built-in media storage
    BBM contacts and groups (BBM 6.2 or earlier)
    Browser bookmarks
    Text messages
    Passwords
    Wi-Fi profiles
    Fonts
    Saved searches
    Personal contacts and calendar appointments that are not synced with an online source such as Microsoft Exchange, Gmail, or Yahoo! Mail

Email accounts and unsupported applications aren't transferred to your new device. You can set up your email accounts on your new device and visit the BlackBerry World storefront to download applications that were not transferred to your new device.

If you switch from another device running BlackBerry 10 OS, you can transfer:

Settings
    Application data
    Media
    Work space data, depending on the options set by your administrator
    08-05-13 12:03 PM
    Too bad it isn't full featured like DM where you can isolate what you want backed up.
    Thachoc1 likes this.
    08-05-13 01:53 PM