This may sound stupid to be critical about on BB10, but one thing that I find annoying is how apps open. Every time an app is open it first brings you to the active frames screen, than shows the active frame in the top left corner, than opens it. Why can't the app just open instantly? I didn't notice until I was in my buddies iPhone over the weekend and it just opened instantly, just feels more smooth.
    Anyone else ever think this or am I alone?

Posted via CB10
    rai187 likes this.
    08-27-13 04:01 PM
    Nope I hate it as well. It's an unnecessary element of BlackBerry Flow that should be addressed.
    08-27-13 04:11 PM
    Really? This is a thing for people?

Posted via CB10
    08-27-13 04:15 PM
    Yep. Dislike it myself.

It also takes more CPU and GPU time as well, unnecessarily.

Posted via CB10
    08-27-13 04:17 PM
    This may sound stupid to be critical about on BB10, but one thing that I find annoying is how apps open. Every time an app is open it first brings you to the active frames screen, than shows the active frame in the top left corner, than opens it. Why can't the app just open instantly? I didn't notice until I was in my buddies iPhone over the weekend and it just opened instantly, just feels more smooth.
    Anyone else ever think this or am I alone?

Posted via CB10
    Was the first thing that i notice and didnt like how does it. i want it to open in the same screen and when i minimize it be in the active frame i thing this is what RTOS means when opening apps. Also i hate when im in a call and doing something else on the phone if the call ends it sends me to the phone app when it should close it without interrupting what im doing there is another word for that Multi-Tasking
    08-27-13 04:18 PM
    Was the first thing that i notice and didnt like how does it. i want it to open in the same screen and when i minimize it be in the active frame i thing this is what RTOS means when opening apps. Also i hate when im in a call and doing something else on the phone if the call ends it sends me to the phone app when it should close it without interrupting what im doing there is another word for that Multi-Tasking
    Yea, there are so many possibilities like that. Just a waste of time and processes in order to do it. I think the reason why is so that people know where they are going to be when they minimize an app. That makes sense but I do think it's useless and would rather have it just open right up.

And to the person who said, "Really. This is a problem?"
    This is just another point where I feel the OS can improve. If they want people to come to BlackBerry they are going to need it to be spot on. True "hyper connected" people don't want to wait even the half second or whatever it takes for the app to open.

Posted via CB10
    Icarus3000 likes this.
    08-27-13 10:15 PM
    Yea, there are so many possibilities like that. Just a waste of time and processes in order to do it. I think the reason why is so that people know where they are going to be when they minimize an app. That makes sense but I do think it's useless and would rather have it just open right up.

Posted via CB10
    well like i said when you minimize the app it will be in the active frame, so i dont think people will lost it.
    08-29-13 05:15 PM
    It's so fast I never noticed. But now that you mention it, it is somethign that BBRY should address.
    08-29-13 05:22 PM
    Indeed a waste of time and cpu/gpu but it does attract the eyes of some people

Posted via CB10
    08-29-13 05:26 PM
    For me on ios 8 jellybean, it opens directly. Seems like you have a defected human's phone. Catch up with the future. Use the new Android ios 8 phones, they let you open millions of vibration apps immediately so you can get on with your business.

Jk.

Posted via CB10
    08-29-13 05:28 PM