I have a Z10 and have one google calendar syncing via ActiveSync. I have additional calendars that I need synced too...so I tried to set them up using CalDAV. No dice.

I entered the name, my email address, password, and then can't figure out what to use for server. There are choices for public/private when looking at the google calendar online, and then xml or ics. Can't get anything to work.

What entry should be used for the server and where do I find it?

Thanks in advance.
    01-31-13 06:06 PM
    I too would like to ensure this feature works on z10 before purchase. Have you checked the play book instructions? They should be similar to the play book I would assume.
    02-03-13 09:26 AM
    I eventually got it to work. I figured out what I was doing wrong. I kept putting in the wrong server address, and needed to change up the email address since apparently you can only have one (stupid).

However, it seems that right now BB10 is having issues with CalDAV. There's already a KB article about it here KB33458
    02-03-13 09:49 AM
    I was having the same issue last week on my PlayBook trrying to add the girlfriends calendar. Dont know if it was a BlackBerry or Google issue but it finally worked the next day.
    02-03-13 11:47 PM
    I too was looking for a solution to add shared google calendar to my Z10. I got it to work by using CalDAV option under System Settings->Accounts->Add Account->Advanced with the following settings:

Username: Google login which in my case is just the username of my gmail (i.e. without @gmail.com)

Email Address: This is the calendar ID which can be found under Calendar Details->Calendar ID which I think is just the email address of the person who shared the calendar

Password: Your google login password or application specific password for those who use 2-step authentication. I use the latter method so only that's been tested.

Server Address: Replace the proper Calendar ID and type in everything in quotes "https://www.google.com/calendar/dav/<Calendar ID>/events" to this field

The added calendar will show up in the Calendar App after data has been downloaded or after the sync interval. Don't be suprise if the calendar does not show up in the Calendar App right away but you should be good as long as the account passed verification and is added to the list.

The added calendar will be read-only even though I have read-write via Google Calendar. If anyone know how to add a CalDAV with read-write access, please share.

Thanks!
    xtremesniper and peter9477 like this.
    02-06-13 09:47 PM
    Thanks citydog, that worked great. But you're right, it only adds the calendar as a read-only calendar.

Actually, I just realized that even the main calendar (non-shared) isn't available to choose from when adding a new calendar entry... Is there no way of having a read/write calendar without ActiveSync? With Google cutting ActiveSync support soon, I don't want to start relying on it if it's going to stop working later.
    02-09-13 09:11 PM
    Even with ActiveSync I have a hard time calling the Google Calendar integration "Read/Write" if I can't add participants. What's up with this and why is it so difficult to sync with Google Calendar? What's the next best calendar service people are using that has full integration with bb10? (apart from BES )

EDIT: When I first heard the rumblings of Google turning off Active Sync then the threads popping up about Gmail contacts, calendar issues etc, I went over to outlook.com and created an account with the same handle as my gmail account (figuring if any exchange active sync service would work, it would be Microsoft's). Last night I added my outlook account as an exchange active sync account on my Z10 and so far the service appears to be working really well. Even the calendar, which by default syncs all three of the outlook.com calendars that were created for me by default. I will leave my gmail forwarding to my outlook while I test it out but so far is looking really good.
    Last edited by tpmbb10; 02-13-13 at 09:18 AM.
    02-12-13 01:53 PM
    Has anyone been able to add shared calendars via CalDAV when their account is on Google Apps? I tried the above steps and for 'username' I put my [email protected]; the other fields I filled in as directed. I got an error message about the account "cannot be authenticated with your service provider. Please make sure that the account settings are correct."

Luckily the desired calendar is also shared with my [email protected] account, so I used the 'username' part and its password in the above steps and was able to get the calendar that way. It seems like there might be something I'm missing in order get it working with a Google Apps username.
    02-15-13 05:31 PM
    Has anyone been able to add shared calendars via CalDAV when their account is on Google Apps?
    Take a look at the knowledgebase link greggov posted above. In it is a link to another Blackberry knowledgebase article which details how to setup a Google Apps account, using ActiveSync, which is apparently the preferred method for Google Apps.

The error message you describe is exactly the same one listed in the KB article, so changing the sync method should solve the issue.
    02-16-13 05:30 AM
    Take a look at the knowledgebase link greggov posted above. In it is a link to another Blackberry knowledgebase article which details how to setup a Google Apps account, using ActiveSync, which is apparently the preferred method for Google Apps.

The error message you describe is exactly the same one listed in the KB article, so changing the sync method should solve the issue.
    Thanks Omnitech, but unfortunately I need to use the CalDav route because I'm using a free Google Apps implementation and it appears I no longer can use ActiveSync for new devices.
    02-16-13 02:01 PM
    Thanks Omnitech, but unfortunately I need to use the CalDav route because I'm using a free Google Apps implementation and it appears I no longer can use ActiveSync for new devices.
    Hmm, well that's a Catch-22 then, isn't it?
    02-16-13 06:07 PM
    Password: Your google login password or application specific password for those who use 2-step authentication. I use the latter method so only that's been tested.
    I can confirm that merely using your google login password works fine, so please consider both methods now tested.

Also, after adding the calendar I pulled down the Calendar app's top-swipe menu and selected "Refresh", and a few minutes later when I checked my device, all the entries from the new calendar were there. (It might have taken only a few seconds, for all I know. I put the phone down and did something else during this, but it was certainly faster than the 1 hour sync time I'd chosen.)
    02-16-13 08:37 PM
    My gmail account does have ActiveSync as I've been a long time gmailer and my setup sync with m.google.com which is one way to tell whether your gmail account is ActiveSync enabled or not. Having said that the shared calendars added via the CalDav method as described are read-write and not just ready-only. There is a good and detail thread on this subject. The key is that just have to wait 24-48hrs.

The subject here is about having write access to shared google calendars and not to do with event invites. In other words, the ability to select these shared calendars to add a new entry to from the Z10 Calendar app.

Thanks citydog, that worked great. But you're right, it only adds the calendar as a read-only calendar.

Actually, I just realized that even the main calendar (non-shared) isn't available to choose from when adding a new calendar entry... Is there no way of having a read/write calendar without ActiveSync? With Google cutting ActiveSync support soon, I don't want to start relying on it if it's going to stop working later.
    03-01-13 01:39 PM
    Based on user reports, it seems that there have been some significant enhancements or bugfixes to CalDAV sync in the latest official OS 10 release that hit the street over the last 1-2 days.
    03-01-13 01:46 PM