Greetings,

This is a question for the BB10 OS gurus. For a normal BBM contact, I can link from the contact's picture or avatar to a larger version, then I have the option to save it. But for BBM Channels this does not work: Touching the main avatar or picture for the channel will indeed lead to a larger one, but not to a place where I can actually save it.

Are there any "secret" tricks to access the BBM image cache in BB10 OS so that one can save an avatar or picture from a BBM channel? Thanks!
    08-14-14 05:20 PM
    Not sure about any way to save the channel profile image, but saving the image from a post only needs a press and hold on the image:

How to access BBM Channels images cache?-img_20140814_192348.png
    How to access BBM Channels images cache?-img_20140814_192357.png

Posted via CB10
    08-14-14 06:24 PM
    Not sure about any way to save the channel profile image, but saving the image from a post only needs a press and hold on the image:
    Posted via CB10
    Indeed that is correct, but I'm looking for a way to save the profile/channel main picture. I suspect there is no way to do it directly, which is why I'm asking about possible ways to access the cache... I presume bbm has one, much as a browser does.
    08-14-14 07:29 PM
    Indeed that is correct, but I'm looking for a way to save the profile/channel main picture. I suspect there is no way to do it directly, which is why I'm asking about possible ways to access the cache... I presume bbm has one, much as a browser does.
    You can't save the Channels main picture. That's to protect the logos of said channel, and prevent stolen identity essentially.

Why would you want to do so anyways?

Posted via CB10
    08-15-14 12:39 AM
    You can't save the Channels main picture. That's to protect the logos of said channel, and prevent stolen identity essentially.
    Posted via CB10
    Ok, fair enough.

Why would you want to do so anyways?
    Posted via CB10
    Just to save a nice picture every now and then. Thanks for the reply.
    DYLANHABKIRK likes this.
    08-15-14 01:54 PM