Ok, if I manually set the media sharing in the settings area to off, and de-select the devices I wish to share with, I still find some devices pick up the media. Now if I select "Play On" through the menu in the media section I cannot find the device, yet if I select the media sharing option from there, at the bottom, the previously deselected options are active again. Now if I manually check settings again from the BlackBerry main screen I find they're still unchecked. So what the hell? The devices still recieve my stuff. If I turn them off from the play on area, then both show off, but I've still had devices access my media.

Now how can I be sure my neighbours devices aren't accessing this content? Since my phone does as it pleases.

BlackBerry, I am really disappointed in the glitches regarding security with your new platform. I also had randon people's camera pics show up in my folder, like others complained off. Worrying issues.

Posted via CB10
    05-11-13 03:10 PM
    Simple do not share Your personal internet with your neighbors.

Posted via CB10
    05-11-13 03:16 PM
    I don't. But how do I know my neighbours wifi tv ain't picking up my device content the same way my one does.

Posted via CB10
    05-11-13 03:41 PM
    Go to the media sharing area in the settings and pick which devices you want to share to.

Posted via CB10
    05-11-13 03:52 PM
    That's not the point either. I'm talking about disabling the feature and funding content is still accessible on other devices. Not to mention settings saying they're off, then accessing the same settings via play on might say they're on etc. Which is it?

Posted via CB10
    05-11-13 05:51 PM
    Since I don't have any products that can utilize play on, I can't test for myself but as a thought, would choosing the feature possibly override the settings as you have chosen to use it? If that is the case, check which devices are available and only allow sharing to those that you have approved

Posted via CB10
    05-11-13 06:32 PM
    Play on and dlna are network specific. If you and I are connected to the same network then we can see shared media. If we are not that we can see anything.

Your neighbors wifi TV would have to be connected to your home wifi at the same time your phone is in order for it to see the media on your phone.

Posted via CB10
    howarmat and sf49ers like this.
    05-11-13 07:11 PM
    Yes. It only works if all devices are on the same network. As long as your wifi is protected so are you! Sleep easy!

Posted via CB10
    05-11-13 07:25 PM
    Ok, thanks for the assurances. So, despite that, how about the issue regarding the settings being set to off and devices unchecked, yet still accessing the media? I don't want people in my home to be able to use my tv to gain access to private pictures on my phone for example, yet it seems the phone is conflicting its settings depending on where you access them from in the phone. Settings or through play on - which is still the same settings area, yet shows different results.

Posted via CB10
    05-11-13 08:12 PM
    In order to completely block access to your device you must check all these settings...

Horrible paranoia inducing glitches with BlackBerry 10.-img_00000009.png
    Horrible paranoia inducing glitches with BlackBerry 10.-img_00000008.png
    Horrible paranoia inducing glitches with BlackBerry 10.-img_00000007.png

Posted via CB10
    05-11-13 08:29 PM
    The media sharing section is still glitched regarding accessing it via different methods, but you've cracked it with the storage area setting. Nice one! I'd seen this before but forgot such a setting residing there.

Posted via CB10
    05-11-13 08:32 PM
    I don't. But how do I know my neighbours wifi tv ain't picking up my device content the same way my one does.

Posted via CB10
    Simply being a wife device wouldn't allow it to connect at will.
    It needs to be on the same network... now if anyone can get onto your network then you have bugger issues at hand

Kah
    05-11-13 08:34 PM
    It's ok, problem solved. Lock post.

Posted via CB10
    05-12-13 05:58 AM