Is there anything out there like the Garage IO https://garageio.com/ that has a BB10 app? The folks over at Garageio say they will have a BB10 app in a few weeks. They aren't in production yet. They are trying to raise money on fundable. I have to figure that BB users are their target market. I have backed them on fundable. Even if they don't have a BB10 app I'm hoping to be able to load their Android app.

It will be nice to have some home automation solutions that run on BB10. Maybe this could be a good success story if they have a BB10 app.
    12-18-13 09:05 AM
    I like it. Less gadgets the better.
    12-18-13 09:07 AM
    One of the advantages is that the opener doesn't get left in your car. A GPS and a garage door opener left in your car can prove problematic if they are both stolen from your car. At least with a phone it has a password to get into it and can be wiped remotely so even if it is lost or stolen a thief still can't use it to enter your house.
    12-18-13 09:14 AM
    If they open API then it shouldn't be a problem for BB community to develop an app.

FWIW, I once got rid of my Harmony universal remote as it showed its age.
    I got an IP to IR blaster (this one) and built a small app to control my TV, stereo receiver and media player. Spent a couple weekends to build a BB10 app based on their HTTP API. It does have bugs which I likely would never fix but I'm happy with the solution as multiple smartphones can operate our electronics now and the phone is always with me while a dedicated remote needs to be found.
    12-18-13 09:21 AM
    So how do I buy this unit...just downloaded and installed Garageio apk...app is working on Z10....but would be nice to be able to buy the hardware to make it work
    12-18-13 09:42 AM
    I
    I got an IP to IR blaster (this one) and built a small app to control my TV, stereo receiver and media player.
    Nice! I'd could use one of those!
    12-18-13 09:45 AM
    So how do I buy this unit...just downloaded and installed Garageio apk...app is working on Z10....but would be nice to be able to buy the hardware to make it work
    The devices aren't shipping yet. You can help get them funded over on fundable. Just hit the pre-order button on their website.
    12-18-13 09:46 AM
    And wonder how trust worthy is that...what if they don't meet pre order numbers and it never takes off....
    12-18-13 09:52 AM
    And wonder how trust worthy is that...what if they don't meet pre order numbers and it never takes off....
    there are risks but these are mitigated. You are only billed if they meet their funding target. If they don't meet it you don't have to pay. If they meet it then you are likely to get your device. This isn't much different then buying something from an online retailer. There is no guarantee they will ship the product.

I like crowd funding a general idea. Funding people who are building things we want is a great way to prove that their idea has merit.
    12-18-13 10:03 AM
    Would be nice to have some kind of time frame....the product sounds very promising....the app is available for apple and DROID so should become popular fast
    12-18-13 12:56 PM