As a very new user I would like to mention PrintToGo as one very helpful feature. It's been a great means of saving a multi-column Excel document (very detailed Gantt chart that just could not fit into DocsToGo limits). Preparing coupons and e-tickets also works very well.

Posted via CB10
    01-23-14 08:02 AM
    I use it all the time. very useful for storing pages or documents or receipts from the laptop to the Z10. I have the Z10 more than I have the computer. Just queue the laptop to print and it delivers it right to the Z10. Then move it wherever you want with the file manager.

Posted via CB10
    01-23-14 08:12 AM
    hi guys. Hate to admit but I know nothing about Print ToGo. Do I have that app already? How does it work? Can either of you help me with it?
    EDIT: OK I just downloaded it from BBW.
    Can you give me some pointers on how it works?? I'd be very grateful!
    01-23-14 08:24 AM
    Same here. I don't understand the purpose of it. If it's simply to move documents and spreadsheets around, what is the difference between this and simply dragging and dropping over USB mass storage access? Is it to make things look like as the "print to file" option does on a PC?

Posted from BitPusher's Q10
    01-23-14 08:54 AM
    Same here. I don't understand the purpose of it. If it's simply to move documents and spreadsheets around, what is the difference between this and simply dragging and dropping over USB mass storage access?

Posted from BitPusher's Q10
    Print to Go works as long as the computer and the device are connected to the Internet in some fashion. So the device could be on cellular far away from the computer, but it would still print.

By printing, it takes whichever document you feed into the printer (which acts like any other printer on your computer), converts it to PDF and pushes it to whichever device you want, as long as both the device and your computer are configured with the same BlackBerry ID.

Posted via CB10
    jaydee5799 likes this.
    01-23-14 08:57 AM
    Print to Go works as long as the computer and the device are connected to the Internet in some fashion. So the device could be on cellular far away from the computer, but it would still print.

By printing, it takes whichever document you feed into the printer (which acts like any other printer on your computer), converts it to PDF and pushes it to whichever device you want, as long as both the device and your computer are configured with the same BlackBerry ID.

Posted via CB10
    Slight correction, it is not using bbid for printing. It uses a unique id generated by the app to pair with. You can pair multiple devices; allowing you to print to the device you want.
    jaydee5799 and wincyUt like this.
    01-23-14 09:56 AM
    hi guys. Hate to admit but I know nothing about Print ToGo. Do I have that app already? How does it work? Can either of you help me with it?
    Hi Jaydee, imagine you want a document or number of documents on your device. They are currently on your Pc. After the initial setup, when you select print on the computer, simply choose print to go as the printer. It will then list all BlackBerry devices with the PTG app installed and you can choose to send to all or just one of them.

Z10STL100-2/10.2.1.1925 O2 UK
    jaydee5799 likes this.
    01-23-14 11:50 AM
    Hey jaydee, you have to get PrintToGo downloaded and set up on your computer first. I don't have a printer at home so whenever I shop online or pay a bill that's not done through my bank, I just click print on the computer and it will search for my Z10. When PTG finds my phone, it will send the receipt in the form of a PDF to the print folder on my device and also give me a notification. That way I always have easy access to it if I need it. Of course I can have it sent to my email address, but I have so many folders associated with my email that it's a PITA to locate things. Someone above mentioned buying tickets. I bought tickets to the NC State Fair online last fall. Instead of having to carry the printed forms around with us, they just scanned the bar code right off my phone from the PTG file.

Posted via CB10
    jaydee5799 likes this.
    01-23-14 02:35 PM
    I got the IT dept to install the PrintToGo on my work computer and I did it!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I was able to send a file over to my phone!!

Thanks for the help everybody!!
    Dmitry Kisselyov likes this.
    01-23-14 05:08 PM
    I just discovered that when you upgrade your OS, and/or upgrade your Print To Go, you will have to reset your pairing ID with your computer. If you try to print and get an error, just click on error. It will show your old code. Go to your Print To Go app, pull down from the top, click settings and your new code will be there. Just go back to the error and enter the new code

Posted from my Verizon Official 10.2.1
    01-26-14 05:55 PM
    Can someone explain what's so good about Print To Go? I'm still confused by its concept. You print (send) a file to your phone's app. How is that any better than either e-mailing it to yourself or using remote file access?

Posted via CB10
    01-26-14 08:15 PM
  12. Professional_Tickle_Fighter's Avatar
    Print to Go would be great if cloud storage didn't exist.

Posted via CB10
    01-26-14 08:44 PM
    Can someone explain what's so good about Print To Go? I'm still confused by its concept. You print (send) a file to your phone's app. How is that any better than either e-mailing it to yourself or using remote file access?

Posted via CB10
    It's faster than both those options and easier to get to than through remote file access.

Posted via CB10
    01-26-14 09:16 PM
    I've been trying to make the program work in a Windows 7 x64 system. Every time I print, a window with the message: "Print to Go Connector has stopped working." pops up, then I have to close the thing. I've checked the issue on the Net. So far, no solution found.
    01-26-14 09:30 PM

Posted via CB10
    it's fewer steps and you don't need a separate PDF generator: install print to go on your PC and your BB10 device. in any windows app, press CTRL-P to print, choose Print To Go. Pick the device (first time you have to go into the print-to-go app on your handheld and get the 8 character code) and the PDF is generated and goes directly onto your device, viewable from the Documents folder on your device or sd card.

if you install P2G on another computer, go into P2G app on BB10 and swipe down from the top to get the device code from the Settings.

It's great if you use group buy sites like Groupon.

Posted via CB10
    01-26-14 09:39 PM