In the end, he went back to Apple and bought an iPhone 5s. I liken it to battered spouse syndrome. He admitted and understands that Apple is a big cause of the problem with their iMessage lock-in, but thinks they still love him.

The biggest problem he had was with Text Messaging and problems with contacts. I am not sure, but I think part of the problem was because I transferred his SMS from the iPhone to the Z10. It looks like maybe the export/import process messes up some links to names and is confusing.

I see similar issues on mine because I switch BB10 phones periodically and backup/restore my SMS/MMS messages too.

He really did tell me that he's embarrassed to admit that even though Apple is the abuser, he isn't smart enough to learn and use BB10. The primary reason is the whole contact confusion.

Funny enough, just heard from another client a few days ago with similar problems on his iPhone and he has never did an export/import or used a BB10 phone. In doing a little research for another client with an iPhone a couple of days ago, looks like iOS users sometimes have address book/contact problems too, just like on any smartphone.

It is even more frustrating on an iPhone because if you have more than one address book and have duplicate entries in Contacts, you can't tell which contact goes with which address book. Very frustrating! On Android and BB10, I can tell what address book the contact is associated with.
    07-19-14 01:46 PM
    In the end, he went back to Apple and bought an iPhone 5s. I liken it to battered spouse syndrome. He admitted and understands that Apple is a big cause of the problem with their iMessage lock-in, but thinks they still love him.

The biggest problem he had was with Text Messaging and problems with contacts. I am not sure, but I think part of the problem was because I transferred his SMS from the iPhone to the Z10. It looks like maybe the export/import process messes up some links to names and is confusing.

I see similar issues on mine because I switch BB10 phones periodically and backup/restore my SMS/MMS messages too.

He really did tell me that he's embarrassed to admit that even though Apple is the abuser, he isn't smart enough to learn and use BB10. The primary reason is the whole contact confusion.

Funny enough, just heard from another client a few days ago with similar problems on his iPhone and he has never did an export/import or used a BB10 phone. In doing a little research for another client with an iPhone a couple of days ago, looks like iOS users sometimes have address book/contact problems too, just like on any smartphone.

It is even more frustrating on an iPhone because if you have more than one address book and have duplicate entries in Contacts, you can't tell which contact goes with which address book. Very frustrating! On Android and BB10, I can tell what address book the contact is associated with.
    It's really easy for him to clean up, all he has to do is edit his contacts and link them up one by one, there's a button for that, and the Z10 will automatically organise the contacts. Tell him that he's gone too soon.
    07-20-14 02:27 AM
    Saw the guy yesterday and he just doesn't want a sophisticated phone. He wants a simple device for his simple needs.

I disagree with him, him using an iPhone limits file management approaches we could implement for his company.

I guess I'll just show the BlackBerry users some useful things they can do and encourage them.

Posted using CB10 on my Verizon Z10
    07-23-14 06:11 PM
    Saw the guy yesterday and he just doesn't want a sophisticated phone. He wants a simple device for his simple needs.

I disagree with him, him using an iPhone limits file management approaches we could implement for his company.

I guess I'll just show the BlackBerry users some useful things they can do and encourage them.

Posted using CB10 on my Verizon Z10
    Show him a couple of YouTube videos and give him a sneak peek of 10.3 and maybe that might get him thinking....

Posted via CB10
    07-24-14 02:49 AM
29 12