After doing anything in my power to arrange my battery issues,overheating and all that, I'm super pissed. I bought a batery pack to live up to my needs but still can make it throught more than 8 hours on 2 batteries !! How is that possible ??? I changed my Z10 5 times...still having problems(once with dead pixels,once with a hardware defect,etc). I'm so pissed that i have to leave that way but my smartphone is really important in my life and my job can be affected because of it. I can't say how much i miss my 9780 and 9900....the q10 was a good phone but rebotting everytime you put it on a table ? I'm sick of having to deal with broked promises...Anyways can't wait to see what will be their future phones hopefully they will go back to their roots like Chen said because their new products are so bad.
    I will still visit this site everyday but c'mon...but i've thrown so much money at blackberry and got nothing in return. Sorry i had to pull the plug berry....hopefully i'll be rocking a BB next year with a Q30.
    Sorry
    From heartbroken die hard blackberry fan :_(
    Help me Improve the Battery Life on my Z10-img_00000013.png
    12-09-13 04:35 PM
    How many accounts are syncing?

Posted via CB10. Join C001A8DC6 for bento-inspired lunch ideas
    Searchy likes this.
    12-09-13 04:37 PM
    I think it's the way you're using your phone..

i posted some tips here.. http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...y-life-882643/
    Last edited by Indi Campbell; 12-10-13 at 02:35 PM.
    12-09-13 04:39 PM
    Sorry to hear this and I know how you feel

Posted via CB10
    Michelasmar likes this.
    12-09-13 04:40 PM
    Like someone said earlier, it's the way you are using it. I would change the sync periods for all accounts and turn off unnecessary services. Z10 does have an unimpressive battery life, but there are number of ways to maximize it.
    12-09-13 04:46 PM
    Perhaps you can explain how PIM services makes up 110% of the usage?
    ...Oh, preferably get your excuse posted before someone suggests your Photoshop proficiency doesn't even rate "painfully inadequate and deficient"

Seriously, if the discharge graph is anything like accurate either you have a battery hog process running, or your battery is a dud which does not have the rated capacity. With the speed of charge shown by your graph (I'm estimating 15 minutes from about 15% to 90%) I suspect the battery capacity does not match its label.
    12-09-13 04:46 PM
    kinda looks as though your PIM is what is drawing power. just my 2cents. perhaps look at blaming something other than your phone. in my 10 plus years with blackberry and having had 25 plus different units i have yet to have any device issue. you will find it is often user error
    StorCan likes this.
    12-09-13 04:47 PM
    I only have one hotmail account and one gmail account ....I don't think it's the way i use it...I don't watch any videos or nothing i keep the brightness to a minimum...
    12-09-13 04:47 PM
    Look those are understandable reason to leave.. hopefully on your next upgrade you can enjoy a better phone..

Or just try out some of the above ideas... maybe it will win you back

Squircle device powered by 10.2.1.1055
    BigAl_BB9900 likes this.
    12-09-13 04:50 PM
    It a second battery that i have from a battery pack that i bought from CB that i just changed.
    Perhaps you can explain how PIM services makes up 110% of the usage?
    ...Oh, preferably get your excuse posted before someone suggests your Photoshop proficiency doesn't even rate "painfully inadequate and deficient"

Seriously, if the discharge graph is anything like accurate either you have a battery hog process running, or your battery is a dud which does not have the rated capacity. With the speed of charge shown by your graph (I'm estimating 15 minutes from about 15% to 90%) I suspect the battery capacity does not match its label.
    12-09-13 04:51 PM
    After 5 phones, sounds like a user-induced drain.
    12-09-13 04:51 PM
    Your PIM services are sucking your battery down. I just checked my device and my PIM is at 0.04% and I have everything sync'd for an exchange account.

Try and delete all your email accounts and add them one at a time and see how much battery is being used.

Posted via CB10
    12-09-13 04:52 PM
    First of all find out why 'PIM services' is eating the battery. Have you tried to fix that issue before returning.
    12-09-13 04:53 PM
    Update....I just don't understand my phone WTF?
    Help me Improve the Battery Life on my Z10-img_00000016.png
    12-09-13 04:54 PM
    Thx i'll try doing that right now
    12-09-13 04:55 PM
    What OS are you on?

Also, have you tried deleting your 2 email accounts and setting them back up from scratch. Run the App Manager .. what other programs are running in the background - any sideloads? Lastly, are all your apps from app world updated and patched to the latest revision.
    12-09-13 04:55 PM
    Mine isn't too bad. There are many tips in here to optimize battery performance. GL
    Help me Improve the Battery Life on my Z10-img_00003828.png

Posted via CB10
    12-09-13 04:57 PM
    I don't have any auto- syncing mail going on.

Posted via CB10
    12-09-13 04:59 PM
    I will delete my email accounts now and see what will happen...I had the leak(10.2.1.) installed 3-4 days ago because the 10.2.0.429 was worse...no sideloads...i had instagram and google maps but i've deleted those apps...Yes everything is up to date. /
    What OS are you on?

Also, have you tried deleting your 2 email accounts and setting them back up from scratch. Run the App Manager .. what other programs are running in the background - any sideloads? Lastly, are all your apps from app world updated and patched to the latest revision.
    12-09-13 04:59 PM
    Also, keep in mind when you set up accounts, keep the phone plugged in
    Within the first 24 hours, it will constantly sync stuff with the server (it still does after)
    I've had instances of it just draining battery like water, but even then, I can easily get 9 hours off a battery
    If it does drain battery a lot, do a reset with the volume buttons
    However, like others pointed out, this is definitely a user issue.
    Most likely it's because you either have WAY too many accounts syncing, too short of sync interval, or too much junk in your accounts to sync
    12-09-13 05:00 PM
    I wouldn't have waited to try 5 phones before switching. You need a phone that will put up with you and your habits. I have never had the problems you describe, but that's just me, Verizon, my settings, location and app usage. Good luck with what ever you end up with. Some folks have luck with iPhones. My parents are well into their 80s, they love their iPhones. You might try one.
    12-09-13 05:00 PM
    I will delete my email accounts now and see what will happen...I had the leak(10.2.1.) installed 3-4 days ago because the 10.2.0.429 was worse...no sideloads...i had instagram and google maps but i've deleted those apps...Yes everything is up to date. /
    Could always just be a bad install. It happens, no one knows why
    If you restore from backups, I would stop restoring and set everything from scratch. EVERYTHING. because something may have carried over from previous backups
    And if it's only in 10.2.1., remember it's a beta system. There is no support for that OS currently. For all we know, there may be bugs within PIM syncing and hub itself.
    My BB is always outlasting my friends' iPhones, regardless of use. So if you're losing this much battery on BB, I don't want to imagine how fast you will drain iPhone battery
    12-09-13 05:01 PM
    I was going to buy a Z30 yesterday but the lags of my z10 and Q10 is really scaring me...I can't stand IOS7 on the iphone...on the ipad is really nice tho...if it doesnt work out i guess my only option for the moment is android :_(!!
    I wouldn't have waited to try 5 phones before switching. You need a phone that will put up with you and your habits. I have never had the problems you describe, but that's just me, Verizon, my settings, location and app usage. Good luck with what ever you end up with. Some folks have luck with iPhones.
    12-09-13 05:03 PM
    That pim service drain is ridiculous! O.o idk what you got going on but that's nuts

I have 3 emails syncing and my pim doesn't even reach 40%

CLICK HERE To Join My Music & Poetry Channel. Please&Thanks.
    southlander likes this.
    12-09-13 05:05 PM
    There is definitely something up with your accounts. Do you get multiple contacts? As if it syncs over and over and over?

My usage, and no I am far from a power user, is very minimal.
    Help me Improve the Battery Life on my Z10-img_00000084.png

Posted via CB10
    12-09-13 05:06 PM
273 123 ...