Ok, I currently use an iPhone 5 and just had a few questions that would be most helpful if anyone has the answers.

1. iCloud sync. I have searched the forums and see that some people get this their iCloud mail, contacts and calendars to sync with the Z10 but many others are experiencing issues. I found a support page on Balckberry detailing how this can be done. So hopefully that works. Just wondering if anyone else solved this issue?

2. Dropbox: Is this app available in Blackberry World and does it work without issues?

3. Profiles: I heard that Blackberry 10 has changed its profiles. I read some complaints, can you still choose which emails and texts and calls you want to be notified by?

I read a lot of complaints of so many apps missing. This doesn't concern me because if I use 4 or 5 apps at all than that's a lot. The only other issue that worries me is the maps on Blackberry. Can anyone give me your thoughts on the maps feature.

I am very close to pulling the trigger, I am just doing some due diligence just before I do it. I am hoping I can get some feedback so by the end of the day I can hit the AT&T Store.
    Last edited by wayneholbrook; 03-28-13 at 08:39 AM. Reason: Spelling
    triplem23 and jstirtzinger like this.
    03-28-13 08:38 AM
    What do you currently use for maps on your iPhone 5?
    03-28-13 08:53 AM
    Ok, I currently use an iPhone 5 and just had a few questions that would be most helpful if anyone has the answers.

1. iCloud sync. I have searched the forums and see that some people get this their iCloud mail, contacts and calendars to sync with the Z10 but many others are experiencing issues. I found a support page on Balckberry detailing how this can be done. So hopefully that works. Just wondering if anyone else solved this issue?

2. Dropbox: Is this app available in Blackberry World and does it work without issues?

3. Profiles: I heard that Blackberry 10 has changed its profiles. I read some complaints, can you still choose which emails and texts and calls you want to be notified by?

I read a lot of complaints of so many apps missing. This doesn't concern me because if I use 4 or 5 apps at all than that's a lot. The only other issue that worries me is the maps on Blackberry. Can anyone give me your thoughts on the maps feature.

I am very close to pulling the trigger, I am just doing some due diligence just before I do it. I am hoping I can get some feedback so by the end of the day I can hit the AT&T Store.
    1. Sorry not familiar with that I'll let someone else answer that

2. Dropbox and box are available in BlackBerry world and work just fine you can also sideload skydrive if you wish.

3. Yes you can adjust notifications settings and within the hub for exactly what type of messages you wish to receive notifications either by led vibrate or sounds.

The maps feature is decent but not amazing think apple maps. You can side load Google maps or use the browser version or nokia maps so it's not a problem.

Hope that helps

Help iphone 5 to Z10-img_00000127.png
    Help iphone 5 to Z10-img_00000128.png

CB10- BlackBerry Z10
    03-28-13 08:56 AM
    Regarding the Maps, I use BlackBerry Maps for standard navigation, but also side loaded Google Maps if I need great search functionality. Last week I found Wave and Really Like it. Used it locally for navigation, real time traffic (this is excellent) and general use while on business travel last week. It is social mapping with live input and data from other local users. Just my two cents...mapping has options for sure.

Posted via unlocked BlackBerry Z10 on AT&T
    03-28-13 10:07 AM
    Thanks for the info so far. I think I will give it a shot. Gotten so use to iOS and it has gotten a little stale for me but its simple so I will take at least two weeks with BB10 before I pll really know if its for me.
    scrapmetal58 and R Field like this.
    03-28-13 10:23 AM
    As for the maps...think it an issue of how many bells and whistles you want.... Used the map function on BB and found it to be quite functional... nothing spectacular... the Icloud issue is like any time you change platforms there are hiccups.... have found BB tech support pretty good on such matters....
    03-28-13 10:28 AM
    I am new to BlackBerry as well from the iPhone, and I didn't have any trouble with getting iCloud to sync. I had to use my @me.com email for the account information (if you don't know which information to use, go to the iCloud website to get your account information).

Hope this helps! I love my Z10.

Posted via CB10
    03-28-13 12:48 PM
    I switched last month after being in ios since 2007. Mainly because blackberry finally supports imap carddav and caldav.

It has been a good experience.

ICloud sync works just fine. My contacts are in sync across blackberry iPad macpro and mac book air. As is my calendaring.

BlackBerry maps is just rubbish, though. Needs a serious overhaul. Ios maps is a million times better looks better and all. However I just use the mobile Google maps and that works absolutely fine. I saved the site as an icon. And for navigation there is Waze it is very good despite being an android port at the moment.

I'm not regretting my change.

Posted via CB10
    03-28-13 04:00 PM
    Ok I'm in the AT&T store waiting for the new BB. I'm not going to lie, I'm nervous as ****. But going to give it my best shot
    03-28-13 05:17 PM
    Ok I'm in the AT&T store waiting for the new BB. I'm not going to lie, I'm nervous as ****. But going to give it my best shot
    Good man...we will be here to help you!

Posted via CB10
    03-28-13 06:20 PM
    The BlackBerry Maps is really fast and accurate for turn by turn GPS navigation. I use Nogago maps for locally cached hiking and biking trails including topography. The browser version of Google Maps works well also. I then chose the "Save to home Screen" option to have an icon to launch.

Posted via CB10
    Attachment 144835
    Last edited by jstirtzinger; 03-28-13 at 07:03 PM.
    03-28-13 06:23 PM
    You my friend are making the right choice!

Posted via CB10
    03-28-13 07:01 PM