My ISP requires that I install a certificate on my cell device. Until I do, I can't get and send email properly, go to certain protected sites, etc..

I own a Z10 with software release 10.3.1.1865. I checked online and found this in Blackberry support:

http://docs.blackberry.com/en/smartphone_users/deliverables/55601/als1342708099072.jsp

Problem is, I can't find the media\downloads folder when I navigate to my phones folders via USB connection. I can't locate the certificate file via the phone's "Import Certificate" screen, even when I go to a folder in which the file appears via file explorer.

Would appreciate help asap so I can get my phone working properly again.

Thanks
    Steve
    05-05-15 09:06 AM
    My ISP requires that I install a certificate on my cell device. Until I do, I can't get and send email properly, go to certain protected sites, etc..

I own a Z10 with software release 10.3.1.1865. I checked online and found this in Blackberry support:

Import a certificate from your computer - User Guide - BlackBerry Z10 Smartphone - 10.2

Problem is, I can't find the media\downloads folder when I navigate to my phones folders via USB connection. I can't locate the certificate file via the phone's "Import Certificate" screen, even when I go to a folder in which the file appears via file explorer.

Would appreciate help asap so I can get my phone working properly again.

Thanks
    Steve
    Can just place it in any folder as long as you can find it on device
    "media\download" is used on PlayBook, don't think it's used on BB10, which uses "SD" and "Flash"
    05-05-15 09:30 AM
    Thanks, but I did that and I can't view the certificate.
    I think that it may not be in the proper format to be recognizable - I remember once having the same issue, and having to save the file in a different way that the ISP had it, I just can't remember what I did back then.
    Any ideas?
    05-05-15 09:33 AM
    Thanks, but I did that and I can't view the certificate.
    I think that it may not be in the proper format to be recognizable - I remember once having the same issue, and having to save the file in a different way that the ISP had it, I just can't remember what I did back then.
    Any ideas?
    ^ I think you answered your own question
    I would just change an ISP at this point
    I've never had an ISP which made it this much of a hassle
    05-05-15 09:35 AM
    Can't do that, so I need to solve this.
    Thanks anyway.
    05-05-15 09:37 AM
    I figured out the problem. The ISP sent the file to me with the .php extension. Once I changed it to .der, it was recognized by the import function. I was aided by the following site: https://support.ssl.com/Knowledgebas...o-convert-them
    05-05-15 02:22 PM
    I figured out the problem. The ISP sent the file to me with the .php extension. Once I changed it to .der, it was recognized by the import function. I was aided by the following site: https://support.ssl.com/Knowledgebas...o-convert-them
    I applaud your ISP's us of a certificate, but would be concerned that they can't arrange to deliver it with the proper extension and just let it take the name of the script that serves it up.

Z10STL100-3/10.3.1.2708 SR 10.3.1.1865
    05-05-15 03:44 PM
    It appeared as .php on my z10, but on my pc it is properly identified as a .cer file.
    They said at the ISP that android and iPhone owners have not had my problem, and that they don't have familiarity with blackberry.
    Does it make sense that their original file would work for IOS and Android, without changing the extention?

Posted via CB10
    05-06-15 02:31 AM
    It appeared as .php on my z10, but on my pc it is properly identified as a .cer file.
    They said at the ISP that android and iPhone owners have not had my problem, and that they don't have familiarity with blackberry.
    Does it make sense that their original file would work for IOS and Android, without changing the extention?

Posted via CB10
    It depends on how it was delivered. Because of the php extension I assumed you got it from a website. Perhaps that was an incorrect assumption.

More important is how the certificate was made, and delivered to you. If this wasn't done in a secure way then using a certificate can be less secure than using a password.

Z10STL100-3/10.3.1.2708 SR 10.3.1.1865
    Last edited by Richard Buckley; 05-06-15 at 04:20 AM.
    05-06-15 03:48 AM