Hi, I must have enabled my Contacts to be sync'd w my LinkedIn account. Now I have thousands of unwanted contacts mixed in w my good contacts. Is there a way to eliminate my LinkedIn Contacts and just retain my real contacts?
    08-03-13 12:35 PM
    You can make them not visible in Contacts.

In Contacts app, swipe down from top and select Settings in top right corner.
    You'll see a list that says Show Account in Contact List.
    Toggle LinkedIn to Off.
    Tap Back in bottom left corner to save.

You can fully delete the LinkedIn account, but that would remove it from Hub too. You would still be able to use the LinkedIn app via its icon.
    SoxFan likes this.
    08-03-13 01:10 PM
    Screenie!

HELP: Can I delete all the LinkedIn Contacts that were Downloaded?-img_00000308.-sim-card-contacts.png

This is how you CB10, son!
    ventz likes this.
    08-03-13 01:12 PM
    Thanks. How about the Skype contacts -- eliminating them so I don't see them.
    08-03-13 01:46 PM
    I've downloaded Skype hut haven't set up, nor used previously ever.

Hopefully someone else can chip in the answer to that one for you.
    08-03-13 03:14 PM
    why is this even in the Blackberry Developers Devices Subforum?
    08-03-13 05:57 PM
    why is this even in the Blackberry Developers Devices Subforum?
    Thanks! No idea how that happened...

Thread now moved to the BB10 OS Forum.
    08-04-13 04:21 AM
    You can make them not visible in Contacts.

In Contacts app, swipe down from top and select Settings in top right corner.
    You'll see a list that says Show Account in Contact List.
    Toggle LinkedIn to Off.
    Tap Back in bottom left corner to save.

You can fully delete the LinkedIn account, but that would remove it from Hub too. You would still be able to use the LinkedIn app via its icon.
    Thanks. That worked. However, now I am getting hundreds of LinkedIn messages. How do I stop those from streaming in?
    08-04-13 07:45 AM
    Well, now I am getting about bunches of messages everyday, which I think represent my unread emails in LinkedIn. This is driving me crazy!

To stop it, I thought i have deleted LinkedIn (and Twitter) byt tapping on the icon and pushing the trash can. But I still get the messages/emails and there still are LinkedIn and Twitter at the bottom of my Hub list?

What's up?
    08-05-13 10:51 PM
    Well, now I am getting about bunches of messages everyday, which I think represent my unread emails in LinkedIn. This is driving me crazy!

To stop it, I thought i have deleted LinkedIn (and Twitter) byt tapping on the icon and pushing the trash can. But I still get the messages/emails and there still are LinkedIn and Twitter at the bottom of my Hub list?

What's up?
    I believe you need to delete it from accounts.

Go into Settings > Accounts.

Posted via CB10
    08-05-13 10:57 PM
    To stop the emails you have to delete the account. In regard to your contact list you can delete each unwanted contact out. I do it with my unwanted FB and linked in contacts all the time-- only thing is if you install leaks you will have to do this every time you install and your contacts are pulled back in.

On my sweet Z10 with CB10! Verizon STL100-4 BBM Channel: C000534C0
    08-05-13 11:35 PM
    I am using 10.2.1.1055 on a Z10 and i have a problem with linkedin contacts. They cannot be hidden from the Contacts application.
    I am switching them off to not be displayed in Contacts but they are just reapearing... and the option turns itself ON again...
    Anyone else experiencing this?
    11-30-13 06:24 AM
    Yes, same problem here. In fact it's worse. Not only does switching off LinkedIn and Facebook contacts not do anything... but contacts from my mac address book that have the same name as contacts from Facebook or LinkedIn are no longer available on my phone except in their Facebook or LinkedIn guise.

In other words... I have hundreds of phone numbers missing from my phone even after a sync. Turns my phone into a paper-weight.
    12-30-13 04:07 AM
    I can confirm that switching off the twitter and linkedin contacts in Contacts settings does not help.
    I mean, they got hidden as long as you stay in Contacts app, but the settings do not hold as soon as you exit the App.

I'm on the latest .1925 leak
    12-30-13 08:07 AM