Hello everyone,
    Please help me, im in a great trouble. I have a Z10 and earlier i didn't had any issues with the phone. But as i returned from a vacation, i noticed my BBM doesn't work on wifi. When i get out of my home and the wifi disconnects, BBM resumes. I'm in a fix and need to get a solution. If anyone who could help me with this, please... I'll be grateful.

Details about my device:
    Model number: STL100-3
    OS version: 10.2.0.415 (leaked)

My router is Belkin N300 and i tried resetting my router to overcome the issue but i failed. Also i wiped my phone after i had a back up to test if it works but it didn't. After i googled, i came to know some people have issues with their routers. I dont know what to do!!!
    10-09-13 04:54 AM
    Try removing the sim and see if you can use bbm over wifi. This should narrow it down to a router issue or a network issue.
    Do you see the little blackberry logo at the top right??
    10-09-13 06:54 AM
    I have a belkin router too but i'm not sure if we have the same model. Sometimes, wifi connection is dropped even if the phone indicates that there is wifi connection. What i do sometimes is reset the router, or delete the wifi profile on the phone and reconnect.

I hope that works.

I don't know if this is an issue with BB devices as this happens all the time to my playbook, bold 9900's, Z10 as well as the Q10. The only iphone 5 in the family does not do this though.

My daughter travelled to several countries in Europe during the summer with her bold 9900. Initially, she was able to do wifi calling and BBM at her first hotel. But then, she was not able to connect to wifi anymore after that. Not even to the the other hotels in the other countries she travelled to. But her friends with an iphone were ok. She has since moved on to the iphone when she got back.

Just the other day, my wife with the z10 went overseas. She was able to connect to wifi at first. We enjoyed BBM, WhatsApp and BBM video calling for about 30 minutes. and for the next three hours at the airport, she could not connect to wifi anymore.
    10-09-13 07:07 AM
    When this happened to me I received advice to register with blackberry - go to about in settings. The issue was resolved.

Posted via CB10
    10-09-13 07:15 AM
    When this happened to me I received advice to register with blackberry - go to about in settings. The issue was resolved.

Posted via CB10
    Register, meaning get a BlackBerry ID? yeah, all my devices have BB ID's...but all my BB devices drop wifi connection everytime and anytime...
    10-09-13 07:19 AM
    Try removing the sim and see if you can use bbm over wifi. This should narrow it down to a router issue or a network issue.
    Do you see the little blackberry logo at the top right??
    I tried removing my old sim - which does not anymore work by the way since my new sim has been transferred to a new phone - BBM messaging does not work, but BBM voice call does! why not BBM chat? There is no BlackBerry logo on the wifi signal though...
    10-09-13 07:45 AM
    Hmmm
    I'm stumped.
    I haven't had any luck searching the forums either. Just more of the same.
    Sorry.
    10-09-13 08:59 AM
    Thanx everyone for the various advises. Let me list out the things i've done to get this right.
    1) Updated and downgraded my OS to various versions to see if this problem can be resolved.
    2) Using my Z10 without sim, which proofs my network carrier isn't the one causing this problem and my wifi connection does.
    3) Reset my router numerous times.
    4) Asked my internet service provider to rectify it, if there is any fault from their side.
    5) Manually entered my ip address and DNS server details.
    6) Upgraded my router's firmware to the latest version.

To my disappointment none of this helped me. My other friend's who use bb10 face the same problem when they try to connect to my router. Their BBM stops working and there is no Blackberry sign next to the wifi symbol. When i try to connect other routers, I dont face this problem and BBM works perfectly fine with them. This somewhere points the doubt to my router or my internet service provider. I really can't find out what is wrong. I've spent many hours on google in search of a solution to this problem , but i think it will take time until someone can really figure it out. Guess we all need to be patient. What i do is i turn my wifi off all the time when im home so my BBM is alive and working fine on the network carrier.
    10-17-13 03:27 AM

Posted via CB10
    I've done it many times after reading few forums, even doing so didn't work.
    10-17-13 03:34 AM
    I have a belkin router too but i'm not sure if we have the same model. Sometimes, wifi connection is dropped even if the phone indicates that there is wifi connection. What i do sometimes is reset the router, or delete the wifi profile on the phone and reconnect.

I hope that works.

I don't know if this is an issue with BB devices as this happens all the time to my playbook, bold 9900's, Z10 as well as the Q10. The only iphone 5 in the family does not do this though.

My daughter travelled to several countries in Europe during the summer with her bold 9900. Initially, she was able to do wifi calling and BBM at her first hotel. But then, she was not able to connect to wifi anymore after that. Not even to the the other hotels in the other countries she travelled to. But her friends with an iphone were ok. She has since moved on to the iphone when she got back.

Just the other day, my wife with the z10 went overseas. She was able to connect to wifi at first. We enjoyed BBM, WhatsApp and BBM video calling for about 30 minutes. and for the next three hours at the airport, she could not connect to wifi anymore.
    Thanks for the advice, but i tried it long time ago, I also manually added my wifi profile on my Z10 and even that didn't work.
    10-17-13 03:36 AM
    Register, meaning get a BlackBerry ID? yeah, all my devices have BB ID's...but all my BB devices drop wifi connection everytime and anytime...
    No, he meant to register on the network, by going into settings-about-category..network and in there selecting the more option at the bottom left of the screen and select "Register Blackberry" to register the device on the network. This should be done with wifi connected. Hope if it works for you!
    10-17-13 03:40 AM