Just got my z10 and i am loving it EXCEPT for the contacts. It is a HUGE mess. I really dunno what is going on with the OS.
    First i transfer all my contacts from my previous bold to the new z10. All my contacts shows up which was great. Then i tried to copy all my contacts from the device to my sim card. Copied okie. But when i look into my phone book, everything is in a mess i have duplicated contacts(local+sim). Why doesnt it link together? Do i have to link all my contacts one by one(i have tons)? I cant find any function that does it. So i decided to manually link all my duplicated contacts one by one for both local and sim. Took me awhile. Restarted my phone and guess what? Got into my contacts and everything is duplicated and unlinked again. WHAT THE ****(sorry for cursing, im pissed)???
    And also, do i have to do the same for facebook contacts? i realised that not every of my facebook contacts are linked. Only some. I NEED HELP.
    03-18-13 10:13 AM
    I feel you but you have to understand that the Z10 is amalgamating your contacts from many different sources (i.e. for me: Facebook, Gmail, Hotmail, Linkedin, BBM, Twitter, SIM) so you're definitely bound to get some duplicates.

You have some options:

1. Swipe in from the top while in the contacts app, go to settings, and then turn 'off' all the contacts you dont want to appear in the hub (i.e. i turned off my BBM, Linkedin, Twitter).This should remove a bunch from your view to get you started.

2. From what you have remaining, you can certainly link them together. How do you do this? Push and hold on an entry, then click the 'select more' option on the right, then select the other duplicates, then select 'link contacts'

3. Delete those you absolutely don't want

One thing I noticed is that if you keep BBM Contacts up, then when that user changes their name in bbm, it'll also change their name in your Contacts (which I found infuriating but it makes sense), so what I did is hide all BBM contacts but put their BBM info into the regular contact so that it recognized them for things like BBM video, etc.

Hope that helps
    03-18-13 11:50 AM
    The points that u pointed out, i have already done it already. I just cant get over the fact that i have to link everything one by one manually. On my old bb everything was done flawlessly automatic. Im talking about normal phone numbers+names linked to everything that u have mentioned. I just dont know what changed? And besides that, all contact names would be edited or overwritten by said apps.(bbm for your case). Like i have a contact that has got a pet name but when i link it to facebook for instance, it changes the name to their real name. Epic fail. I feel u too man.
    Last edited by Deathcoffin; 03-18-13 at 02:06 PM.
    03-18-13 12:29 PM
    Contacts suck on bbm10 right now

Posted via CB10
    03-18-13 12:51 PM
    True that. They need to fix it to formal glory.

Posted via CB10
    03-18-13 12:59 PM
    This Is very bad, the Contactmanagment have to be flawlessly for BLackberry phones
    03-18-13 01:10 PM