TELUS Q10 on OS 10.2.0.429. Issue started last night where screen wouldn't turn off while I was on a call. Then keyboard light wouldn't come on in the dark. Reset temporarily fixed it, but now the issue is back.
    12-03-13 01:26 PM
    That's you but I use my phone to make calls. Different people, different uses of their phones.

Oh and bad analogy since main use of a car is to drive somewhere, unless, well you use your phone strictly for online networking...which you could also do the same with a ipod touch
    Not really, because the sensor issue does not prevent anyone from making calls OR browsing. So your fix does nothing but disable the "smart" part of the "smart phone"... in exchange for working sensors, most of which are useless when all you can do is make phone calls.

Posted via CB10
    12-03-13 01:29 PM
    Proximity sensors are not working, and my touch screen is rather flaky!!

I've restarted several times.

On 10.2.0.424.

Oh - gps in BlackBerry maps not syncing at all!

Odd.

Posted via CB10
    12-03-13 01:37 PM
    None of the sensors are working on my z10. The BlackBerry virtual expert app shows no sensors available on this device. All of a sudden no sensors.

Posted via CB10
    12-03-13 01:37 PM
    this is a total bummer. look at this i posted a few weeks ago

so my blackberry z10 got a fault with both the proximity and light sensor. I booked it in with phones4u repair as its still in its 12 month warranty period and off it went for 3 weeks. anyway the phone came back today (after apparently going to blackberry themselves for repair) with the exact same problems.

I went to phones4u who said all they could do was send it into repair again. i wasnt willing to do this because of both the wait time and the fact blackberry couldn’t repair the problem the first time even though they stated they had. I was told my only other option was to ring customer head office. i rang them and the guy on the phone said they dont have ANY blackberry in stock any more and so couldnt replace my z10 like for like or even with another blackberry.

therefore i was offered one of
    - s3
    - htc one
    - s4 mini

i could speak to anyone directly at blackberry over the phone it seems. i therefore have taken the htc one because its worth the most and i plan on selling it immediately and buying a sim free z10 as i can pick them up for cheap here now. therefore i'll make money. i also asked phones 4 u to refund this months bill which they have.

this is ok for me but anyone wanting to replace your broken blackberry with phones 4 u good luck. they dont even sell them anymore.
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...out-uk-876751/

if id known this was a software problem i wouldnt have exchanged my phone.

im sitting here with an HTC One I got today that i'm hoping to sell so i can buy a z10 again.

blackberry might lose customers through this. i mean im not a blackberry customer currently through this.
    12-03-13 01:40 PM
    I'm having problems with the sensors (proximity, sleep mode using leather flip case and auto screen brightness)

As mentioned I switched off the Location Services and restarted my phone, now it's seems to have solved the problem!

***Z30***
    12-03-13 01:42 PM
    logs attached
    Attached Files
    12-03-13 01:42 PM
    How do you attach the log using the CB app?

***Z30***
    12-03-13 01:43 PM
    So we're going with this being a software issue, right?

I can't understand how it could be hardware - but my Z10 and Q10 were acting odd since last night but my Z30 isn't rotating now!!!

All of them are on official os's - no leaks and no sideloads.

What gives?

I can handle the keyboard of my Q not lighting but why would the screen not rotate on my NEW Z30..

Odd.

Posted via CB10
    12-03-13 01:44 PM
    I was having odd issues earlier today, but they definitely started long after I installed Angry Birds Seasons. The issues started right around 11:30pm EST. I'm on 10.2.0.1803 (a.k.a. SR 10.2.0.429)

My camera was being flaky, the OS was pausing noticeably a few times, and BBM wasn't getting my messages through reliably. I restarted and it seemed those issues went away.

Then I noticed my holster wasn't sleeping/waking the device, and after reading some posts here I checked and saw that device rotation wasn't being detected properly.

A few more quick reads of posts above and I deleted Shark Dash and tried removing Angry Birds Seasons. Couldn't remove it from the icon screen (ignored my taps on the trash can), so I went into BBWorld and deleted it from My World/Installed. No immediate change.

Did a battery pull and rebooted, and at this moment all is well again. Could have been the app removal, the battery pull, or both.

I do have cellular data connected, and WiFi, so it's not directly tied to those, unless the issue comes again at random because of that.

Edit 14:55: sure enough, as many others have now observed, a few minutes later it's back to no holster or rotation sensor for me. Only thing is, I reinstalled ABS right away after the reboot. I'll delete and try again without restoring it.

Edit 14:59: remove ABS but not Shark Dash this time, and restarted (not a battery pull this time). Problems presently gone after the reboot. Device is on wifi and connected to cell data as well. I'll do nothing now except pick it up off the holster from time to time to see if it merely fails again after some time.

Edit 15:13: no problems after that reboot for almost 15 minutes. I then tried running Foursquare (since others had mentioned Location Services possibly being involved) and within 30s I saw that my rotation and holster sensors were again kaput. Rebooting once more now.

Edit 15:23: turned off Location Services, as this appears to be the consensus workaround for now. Reinstalled Angry Birds Seasons. Ran lots of stuff that uses sensors and all is working again for now.

Edit 16:53: still working fine with Location off, but I was out for a while and it stopped seeing my SIM card and I lost connectivity. Never seen that before, so I assume it's related somehow. Got home, unplugged SIM and reinserted, rebooted and it's fine again, for now.
    Last edited by peter9477; 12-03-13 at 03:54 PM.
    12-03-13 01:45 PM
    Disabling location services has temporarily fixed the issue on my Z10 running 10.2.0.424 No problems in the last one hour but I would like to see this fixed soon as I cant use maps etc right now. For the time being, seems fine. Will update if it causes any problems.
    peter9477 likes this.
    12-03-13 01:47 PM
    Have you all installed the porsche design clock? Try disabling and check the sensors.

Posted via CB10
    12-03-13 01:49 PM
    Looks like a reset is not the absolute answer here. I reset my Z30 and while the phone worked 100% at first, within about 3 minutes it was back to not rotating the screen or anything of the like.

Not sure what app is causing the issue but I did have an update for Minion Rush yesterday too...

Posted by my Z30 via CB10
    12-03-13 01:52 PM
    Have you all installed the porsche design clock? Try disabling and check the sensors.

Posted via CB10
    The issue was well before that

Posted via CB10
    12-03-13 01:53 PM
    Definitely a location related problem. Rebooted my phone and kept data service/wifi off... no problem. turned on data services and currently using it up til now, still no problem.

But i kinda noticed my email notification. Doesnt seem to have sound when notifying. But other accounts notified properly and has ssounds. Idk if this is part of the current problem but thought id menntion coz others seem to experience sound notif problems too. Just weird that only email failed to notify with sound.

Posted via CB10
    12-03-13 01:56 PM
    Here is mine.
    Attached Files
    12-03-13 01:57 PM
    I have turned off Location Services on my Q10 to see if that helps.
    12-03-13 01:58 PM
    My Z10 has lost its sensors too:
    Light sensor
    Rotation
    Auto-lock when in its case
    AND It called 999 during another call!

Not downloaded any apps for 2-3weeks as it's a work tool

Thought I was going mad, pleased to see I'm not, but come on BB!

Posted via CB10
    I think that the sensor are all connected, so if one is fixed, the other one fixed too. So here's my work around
    -Enabling rotation
    -restart phone (volume up and down)
    -after restart, wait at least 2 minutes(not necessary, maybe) (I did this to stabilise my phone)
    -open document in docs to go and make it landscape
    -standby it for at least 5 minutes
    -problem fixed, but when I disabling the rotation sensor, the problem come back

I focus this fixed to rotation sensor, I already did it twice, same happen

Posted via CB10
    Jonno, I thought the same with minion rush but that isn't the problem. Try disabling Location Services and then restart your device, this should fix it!

***Z30***
    12-03-13 02:00 PM
    OK, I honestly don't think these issues have anything to do with any recent downloads as I haven't downloaded anything and my sensors have completely stopped working. These downloads are merely coincidences. It seems as though all of these 10.2 leaks have incurred the same problem at the same time so maybe there was something set by default to create this catastrophe. I have no doubt someone knows exactly what occurred here and needs to inform nearly half the BlackBerry10 population what to do next before they loose devoted fans. We all have our limits! Leak or leak their the reason some of us have held on as long as we have. Not me, I'm just saying.

Posted with no abbreviations via da Q10
    peter9477 likes this.
    12-03-13 02:01 PM
    Btw I'm running factory OS 10.2.0.424

Posted via CB10
    12-03-13 02:01 PM
    I also noticed that not only proximity and rotation sensor not working, but magnetic holster which have auto lock function, when inserting phone to holster, not working.

Posted via CB10
    12-03-13 02:03 PM
    Oddly, my q10 and z10 are fine...Z30 is the only one impacted. logs submitted earlier

Posted via CB10
    12-03-13 02:04 PM
    Having same issue here. Bright screen. No holster settings via phone app, holster not locking screen... Come on BlackBerry, what's going in?????
    12-03-13 02:06 PM
359 ... 45678 ...