Voters
120. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

42 35.00%
  • No

26 21.67%
  • Kinda

52 43.33%
    I'm not the sort of person to get excited, but I'm excited!! I've always been adamant that I must have a real keyboard, but the demonstration is swaying me towards the Z10, which is available in the UK from tomorrow, might head up to my local O2 shop for a look, but not planning on upgrading just yet.
    01-30-13 10:19 AM
    Definitely with the phones and BB10 OS! And I am equally impressed by BB's outreach to harness celebrity power to team with their obvious technical expertise to reinvent themselves in ways that fit today's marketing demands. Truly excited for their future and to get my very own Z10!

Well done, Team BlackBerry!!!
    01-30-13 10:27 AM
    Meh. I'll still buy Z10 whenever we finally get it in the US, but I got up early to watch a webcast that gave no great reveal as was promised.
    01-30-13 10:29 AM
    What did I say? Pleasant surprise and nothing more.
    01-30-13 10:46 AM
    I went from Palm to BB some years ago when I replaced my Treo 755p with a BB8830. I was delighted to finally have email that "just worked" despite the fact that reading it under OS 4.2.2.186 was astoundingly ugly. The BB browser didn't bother me that much because I'd never experienced a mobile browser that was anything but glorified WAP.

I left BB back in September 2010 for iOS. I replaced my aging OS 4.5.1-running BB8830 with an iPhone 4 only days before the iPhone 4S came out. I missed the keyboard and multi-color LED but in every other respect I have been delighted with iOS and the Apple ecoystem.

One of the things I got most frustrated about was sync. Missing Sync and Blackberry Desktop Manager on OSX both seemed determined to turn my list of contacts and calendar entries into some sort of mess with scores of duplicates every time I wandered near my Mac with a USB cable and my Blackberry. Since getting first an iPod Touch, then an iPad, then an iPhone 4 and more recently an iPhone 5 and iPad mini I can say that sync is something I never even think about. I was impressed that all the contacts from address book on my Mac "just showed up" on my new iOS devices in the days of dot mac. Nowadays backing up to iCloud, when I replaced my iPhone 4 with a 5, it took logging in to iCloud and picking "restore from backup" to do a complete brain transplant from my iPhone 4 to 5 and from my iPad 1 to mini. This includes bluetooth pairings and wifi hotspot logins.

These are the things I hope BB 10 does well. If not, perhaps it will be "good enough" to slow the tide of defections from BB to Android and iOS but not good enough to attract me back to BB. That's why I voted "kinda". Please don't get me wrong. BB 10 is the single biggest news in mobile operating systems in history. Not because it's so great or so well thought out but because it's a friggin' RTOS. This means that there are no stability issues. Heck, QNX runs on cars and airplanes. If it was unstable we'd be reading about (literal) crashes every day. So while I'm completely satisfied with iOS, I'm rooting for BB 10 because it is high time somebody brought a real RTOS to a mobile device. Let's just hope BB (formerly known as RIM) picked the right process to prioritize so the end user experience is stable, smooth and predictable.

We just might have ourselves a 3 horse race again!
    01-30-13 10:51 AM
    Meh. I'll still buy Z10 whenever we finally get it in the US, but I got up early to watch a webcast that gave no great reveal as was promised.
    Exactly my thoughts. I definitely expected more.
    01-30-13 10:56 AM
    kinda this forum is leak city.Funny thing is the leaks showed more than what Thor did.I guess they didnt want to spend hours on features didnt even tell us about dlna or anything quite funny really.

Im a bb user I will be getting one period.
    austriker likes this.
    01-30-13 11:01 AM
    I had already decided that the z10 was going to be in my future, but today that decision was reinforced. Was hoping for Netflix to put on my daughter's PlayBook though.
    01-30-13 11:11 AM
    Its ok but once again the lack of apps man its killer. I know its not bb's fault but damm smh.

I'll most likely still be getting the z10
    01-30-13 11:37 AM
    I hoped they showed a bit more about the core os, like maps and other core apps. But besides that, it met my expectations
    01-30-13 11:43 AM
    I will get the Z10 (when its finally released), but I think RIM Blackberry has a few issues here. I watched the webcast with a few of my coworkers (mostly iPhone and Android) users. While most of them like some features, not one of them was able to identify a reason (or willingness) to switch. Also, I'm sorry, but the whole Alicia Keys thing is so lame (All celebrity endorsements are lame). If the product is good, it will sell. Nobody will buy a phone because a singer happens to endorse it (and now is a senior executive).
    01-30-13 11:52 AM
    I was pleased with the launch on almost all aspects. I understand it is a new mobile O/S. My only deflation has been about the processor being the Qualcomm 8960 and not the pro. The Z10 has the 225 graphics chip not the 320 that I was hoping for. I am not sure if there are real worl differences between the two graphics chips or if it is just my perception. Maybe some of the reviewers can touch on the practical differences.
    01-30-13 12:03 PM
    I will get the Z10 (when its finally released), but I think RIM Blackberry has a few issues here. I watched the webcast with a few of my coworkers (mostly iPhone and Android) users. While most of them like some features, not one of them was able to identify a reason (or willingness) to switch. Also, I'm sorry, but the whole Alicia Keys thing is so lame (All celebrity endorsements are lame). If the product is good, it will sell. Nobody will buy a phone because a singer happens to endorse it (and now is a senior executive).
    d.dre beats?
    austriker likes this.
    01-30-13 12:15 PM
    The hardware selection is a let down. The Q10 looks like they couldn't be bothered but made it just because people want a physical keyboard and the Z10 is just another boring slab phone.
    BB10 is basically a collection of apps that I'll never use.

Anyone have a 9810 that will work on Bell they want to sell? I've got $100 for you.
    01-30-13 12:29 PM
    kinda hard to know whether it meets my expectations til there's a phone in my hands...
    01-30-13 12:43 PM
    How much is microsoft paying app developers. Why do they have netflix and hulu and all those other apps and we can not attract them. It really does not make sense. Anyway BB10 really met my expectations but I think to actually get a feel for how great it is you have to use. People might say there is nothing revolutionary but what about the gestures. I know meego and palm had these but not to the extent that BlackBerry 10 has taken even with implementing it into the keyboard. As well did u guys see this tweet from Roger Cheng of Cnet. Its so disrespectful. This is what it says "Hilarious. Two BlackBerry execs on stage demoing #BB10 in front of journalists on deadline. Nobody cares. I feel kinda bad for them."
    01-30-13 01:22 PM
    I think this is tough to answer before using the phone for a few days. But hype leading up to the launch certainly makes it hard to achieve. I think the messaging was wrong for BB. The release is important, but to me what is more important is the speed at which in the coming months BB can address the criticisms and faults that will show up on release and send OTA updates to address them. The platform looks good. Sleek, fast, capable. But information about missing features like lack of notification / status bar, no push Gmail for non Google Apps users, lack of customization of profiles, poor battery performance all chip away at expectations. Hopefully in the next 60 days some of this can be addressed.
    01-30-13 02:08 PM
    Its ok but once again the lack of apps man its killer. I know its not bb's fault but damm smh.

I'll most likely still be getting the z10
    At least the situation is improving. It's starting with 70,000 vs. 3,000 on the PlayBook. They have some of the big names filled in that they didn't before. So maybe it won't be bad.
    01-30-13 02:09 PM
    the launch met my expectations. I saw what was leaked out and was happy with it. cant wait to get my Z10 next week
    01-30-13 03:09 PM
    I'm very disappointed by the backwards steps taken with the sound profiles, bedside mode and LED notification (as noted in Kevin's review)...those are areas that differentiated BlackBerry from the other platforms in positive ways, and they chose to remove them from the new platform...that's the only thing that has "wowed" me today, and that's not a good thing...
    01-30-13 03:20 PM
    I was all up for buying a Z10 until today's presentation. I was truly hoping for something that would want to make others join our team but alas that did not happen. The fact that BB10 will not be available until sometime in March in the states is another huge slap in the face. Lord knows how long it will take to be released in Bermuda... 2 or 3 months from now I guess. I really wanted to see BlackBerry knock this one out of the park today but they didn't. I seriously expected much more considering how long they have been working on it... 2 years!? SMH!
    01-30-13 03:22 PM