I'm talking the section within the HUB titled notifications with the little bell icon. This is completely useless and annoying. Why is it there? For me its popping up with my android apps, and general things like connected to video chat, or phone is now in development mode. Every time its gone off, which is all day everyday, its pointless. Not once have I felt the notification warranted.

I know we're limited in settings for BB10, and Ive gone through the notifications settings. It basically just gives you the run down on individual apps. Nothing to stop some of the general phone functions sending notifications. Cant get this to go away. Hoping there's something I'm missing.
    02-12-13 11:30 PM
    I'm actually trying trying find out the exact opposite.
    Since the last update I cannot see any notifications in here when when I upload to Facebook
    Or when I go into an area with wifi where I need to accept terms before I can use the service.
    I know with my old phone when I would go to the website and I was in a wifi area where I needed to
    Accept terms be for I could use the service it would pop up in
    The browser but I'm finding after this update my phone just keeps using its own data instead, the only way
    I can force it to use wifi like this now is if I turn my cell service and data off but leave wifi on
    Next time I go to a website I get the pop up to accept terms then my phone will use the wifi data even if I turn data back on with my cell service
    03-04-13 10:07 AM
    Why would you expect that setting to be in the OS? It's up to the individual app to decide how it notifies the user of events. You might want to let the developer know, because Songza was making annoying notifications every time it changed songs, and they fixed it in the latest update.

Anyways, you do have the option of getting rid of the notifications from your hub by opening hub settings and going into hub management. You can also check if your app shows up in system settings > notifications, but I don't think android apps do.
    03-04-13 10:49 AM
    Don't see anything in there for wifi notification. And my facebook notification is set is set on but Im not getting notifications of uploads
    Any idea why?
    sportline likes this.
    03-04-13 10:53 AM
    Personally, I could live without the notifications when I upload to twitter or Facebook. I assume that my uploads go through, so I really only need to be notified if they do not work.
    anon(153966) likes this.
    03-04-13 01:06 PM
    I don't really care about the Facebook notification I just want my wifi notification back. Much rather use my works free wifi instead of my data
    03-05-13 04:19 PM
    As of latest update, the notification section of hub is missing from my phone. I'd kinda like it back, actually.

Posted via CB10
    03-08-13 10:27 AM
    I don't really care about the Facebook notification I just want my wifi notification back. Much rather use my works free wifi instead of my data
    WiFi notification is only for Hotspots. It notifies you when a Hotspot is near. If you want that... go in the WiFi and tap advanced

Posted via CB10
    03-08-13 10:32 AM
    I have the exact same problem too. Not sure if its meant to be or just a glitch? I don't feel like reloading the OS to find out lol.
    03-13-13 06:42 PM
    WiFi notification is only for Hotspots. It notifies you when a Hotspot is near. If you want that... go in the WiFi and tap advanced

Posted via CB10
    This is the issue though there's no option I can find to turn this on.
    I get no notifications when im in my works wifi hot spot since the last update.
    03-29-13 08:37 PM
    Sorry small correction here. I do know where that is and it selected however it does not notify me When I go into a Wifi area.
    It Usto notify right away before the last update but nothing now.
    04-01-13 07:52 AM