BB-Passport, latest OS, MS-Win10; Has anyone determined a solution yet as to why BBLink cannot connect.

I even got a pop up it was connected but trying to connect and never did, thought to try WiFi but then it said phone required USB connection first. Also tried on Windows 7 laptop without success.

I can find phone in Win File Explorer and can add bar with sachesi.
    03-17-17 08:37 AM
    Try uninstalling Link, restarting Windows an reinstalling Link again. Also, set the compatibility mode to Windows 7. You can also try to clean your registry before reinstalling.

I had recently experienced a new connecting issue, which was caused by the BlackBerry Device Manager. The solution was to remove it and reinstall it and everything worked fine after that.

Posted vía CB10 with my Passport SE SQW100-4
    03-17-17 08:47 AM
    Clear solution that works 100% for everyone... nope.

You can try....
    Deleting all BlackBerry software - LINK, DRIVERS and BLEND.
    Rebooting
    Disable all Virus and Malware Utilities
    Right click on the EXE to install BLEND (and all BB software) and run as an Administrator
    Reboot computer and phone
    And then Right Click and RUN the app as an Administrator (while those utilities are still shutdown)
    Try different ports and cables.

Maybe it will work....
    03-17-17 08:49 AM
    Exactly. You can also search the numerous threads on subject.

Dunt Dunt Dunt likes this.
    03-17-17 08:54 AM
    Exactly. You can also search the numerous threads on subject.

And that is usually the best solution.... I remember I had an issue on Windows 7 when I first got my Z10, had to do something with the USB ports to get LINK to recognize my phone. That may or not be relevant five years later... But issues with Windows 7 and LINK might be very different than issues with Windows 10 and LINK. But today a lot fewer people are still using either... so doing a search, you might find an answer from the past.
    03-17-17 10:40 AM

You can try....
    Deleting all BlackBerry software - LINK, DRIVERS and BLEND.
    Rebooting
    Disable all Virus and Malware Utilities
    Right click on the EXE to install BLEND (and all BB software) and run as an Administrator
    Reboot computer and phone
    And then Right Click and RUN the app as an Administrator (while those utilities are still shutdown)
    Try different ports and cables.

Maybe it will work....
    I've deleted BB software on my laptop, download it again, installed it, One thing I noticed is from the get go it still had my Passport ID numbers!? My question is now, how do I delete all data when deleting BB Link, Blend and drivers?? I assume this is same as when deleting firefox, there is still a data file that your forced to discover and manually delete?
    03-18-17 12:50 PM
    I have found out that the presence of iTunes 12.5 is the most likely reason why BlackBerry Link stops working. You don't need to uninstall either programs. Instead, you need to find and rename or delete the iTunesPrefs.xml file located in your current Windows user profile folder.
    03-19-17 10:47 AM
    Not everyone has this issue so it is not purely a Windows 10 + Link problem. There is something else installed that people are not mentioning.
    I've got 3 machines, Windows 10 and 7 and none of them have any problem with Link.

As to the theory about iTunes, one Win 7 machine has iTunes installed and no issues there. The others do not have iTunes, including the Win 10 one.
    03-19-17 11:04 AM
    Therefore, the Link issue is due to some kind of installed application problem, whether it's iTunes or not. However, my own experience determined that, specifically, iTunes 12.5 with the presence of the iTunesPrefs.xml file was the problem. Once the iTunesPrefs.xml file was renamed and without uninstalling either iTunes or the BlackBerry software, Link ran error-free.
    03-19-17 12:48 PM
    The Link problem with Windows 10 started with the Anniversary Update (version 1607). If you're still on v.1511 of W10 you should still be ok. That being said, the iTunes 12.5 "fix" should be done regardless of OS version. I have Windows 7 on my slate and Link & Blend perform flawlessly. My home laptop is on the most recent W10 version and it's getting to be almost unusable.
    03-19-17 04:04 PM
    I've deleted BB software on my laptop, download it again, installed it, One thing I noticed is from the get go it still had my Passport ID numbers!? My question is now, how do I delete all data when deleting BB Link, Blend and drivers?? I assume this is same as when deleting firefox, there is still a data file that your forced to discover and manually delete?
    REGEDIT to edit your registry and delete all mention of BlackBerry..... but you have to be careful.
    03-20-17 07:43 AM
    Like @Dunt Dunt Dunt said. Use Regedit. Before you start, make a backup of the registry, then do a search for "blackberry" and start deleting all entries.

03-20-17 08:53 AM
    I have found out that the presence of iTunes 12.5 is the most likely reason why BlackBerry Link stops working. You don't need to uninstall either programs. Instead, you need to find and rename or delete the iTunesPrefs.xml file located in your current Windows user profile folder.
    Any newer version of iTunes will cause issues with BlackBerry Link, but here is the fix for that. Please keep in mind that if you update iTunes you will have to repeat this process

rename the iTunesPrefs.xml file;

Turn on*Show Hidden Files And FoldersNavigate to*C:\Users\<userid>\AppData\Roaming\Apple Computer\iTunes\Rename the iTunesPrefs XML file file to*iTunesPrefs.old

​Once completed, it would be recommended to turn off*Show hidden files and folders."
    03-20-17 09:15 AM