I recently noticed that the Gps symbol appears without me accessing any app that normally uses it.

Right now I had no apps open and I don't run any headless apps. Location based commercials are disabled as well as the option above it.

The Gps activated while I was in the Hub writing mails and chatting on whatsapp. I have location services for whatsapp disabled. The symbol was there for around 5 minutes.

Any ideas?

Sent from my Q10
    03-10-14 02:51 PM
    I recently noticed that the Gps symbol appears without me accessing any app that normally uses it.

Right now I had no apps open and I don't run any headless apps. Location based commercials are disabled as well as the option above it.

The Gps activated while I was in the Hub writing mails and chatting on whatsapp. I have location services for whatsapp disabled. The symbol was there for around 5 minutes.

Any ideas?

Sent from my Q10
    Buu511,

I had the same thing I think it has to do with android apps that have been loaded. Many of the ones I have want location services and there seems no way to disable this. You may want to check to see which apps are accessing. I ended up turning location services off.

Just a thought it may help.

all the best

CO
    03-10-14 02:57 PM
    I too am curious as to why this happened to me. Android apps may explain it sure, I will have to look into that. Although, I can confirm that I have seen the GPS symbol come up more than once using an app from Appworld that did not need access to my location, nor was it enabled in any way.

The only other explanation I had come to as to why this happened was I had enabled location services in BBM and had used Glympse a few times with forgetting it was on.

Any other ideas?
    03-10-14 03:04 PM
    Is there any way to see what is currently using location services. For most android apps I can't even disable it. But thought that they can't be the reason for it because I have no apps running when it happens.

Sent from my Q10
    03-10-14 03:09 PM
    Same was happening for me but I knew it was because of Android apps. You can't change Android app permissions - it's all or nothing. I added Location Services to my quick settings. Stays off most of the time now and if I need to turn it on, it only takes 2 seconds.

Android apps can be headless too so doesn't actually have to be running.

Posted via CB10
    03-10-14 03:24 PM