I have a bb 9930 and love it but I am extraordinarily dependent on it for my small business. I own a small service company and in the past when a client would call up I would open up the Calendar on my 9930, create a new event (lets say at 9am) with all the information of the job, address, phone number, email addy, etc. After I added all the info for the job I would immediately sync it via the Google Sync App and it would update automatically. My two main associates who have Android devices would be logged into the company Gmail account and see instantly the updated info, new job information, etc.

Ever since Google yanked the Google Sync app I have relied on my associates via texting the info to them then they add the job to the calendar since I can not manually do that any more from my BB. If am at my office when a clients call it isn't a big deal as I have my computer to add jobs but I can not with m BB.

Is there anything I can do to get around this or do I need to start looking at other devices? What I am truly scared of is when a client calls up and I put the info into the calendar thinking I will be at my computer later then adding that new info to the Gmail Calendar.

Ideas, thoughts and do I have any options?
    04-25-13 10:02 AM
    You mean you didn't know you don't need that POC app to sync? o.0

BIS 5.0 supports two way sync with Google accounts! Just edit your gmail addy to enable it!

Before you proceed: Do a backup of you phone now!

You can do it in the device or at whatevercarrier.blackberry.com. But I'd recommend removing the gmail account from the device, rebooting and adding it via the wizard, to be on the safe side.

Also, make sure your contacts are updated on gmail or you'll get all those outdated entried on your device.

Works for calendar as well. I have no idea why she said "4 hours" though, it never took more than 10 minutes on my 9780...
    04-25-13 10:08 AM
    If this works you just saved me from the "other side"!
    04-25-13 10:18 AM
    How do I then sync my newly installed Gmail email addy to the native BB calendar? I just added a job at 9am but I do not see a "update" function. Is there a way to do this and have it show immediately or does it do it automatically?
    04-25-13 10:39 AM
    Diegonei, you are my flipping hero right now. You just saved me a incredible amount of stress and heartache and you just saved me from buying either a Iphone, HTC or Samsung. Thank you very much!
    diegonei and BoldWorld like this.
    04-25-13 10:45 AM
    We're here to help. Enjoy your Bold and keep on this side.
    04-25-13 10:59 PM
    Aspenedelen, when you create your event or job in your calendar you have to select which calendar you want to store it in your default or native calendar or your Google calendar. If you store everything in your Google calendar and don't want to have to remember to change the Calendar then you go settings, accounts, defaults and set your calendar default to Google. Hope that helps.

Posted via CB10 with my Z10
    diegonei likes this.
    04-26-13 06:32 PM