watching this one
    11-13-13 01:26 AM
    It would be so nice to have Google Play!

So it's now leaked, how much time till we can Download it officially? Because that's when we will really know how BBRY negociations went!

I'm even waiting to sideload apps, for hope!

Posted via CB10
    11-13-13 05:12 AM
    BlackBerry is pushing more and more Android integration. But they are doing it subtle by not agreeing or just denying all facts. I like that strategy lol

Posted via CB10
    11-13-13 05:47 AM
    I'm still super skeptical about the Play Store thing. They could just start blacklisting them again in the more stable builds.
    11-13-13 08:54 AM
    you mean a company is doing something it said it never would?? shocker...
    back to point.
    this is quite interesting, though a few have hit the nail on the head, it has been somewhat working previously, but this does present a different open door so to speak when it comes to everything... also take into the process that apks are now available to be loaded directly to the device within the device, no sideloading ect... via 10.2.1.1055 that is at least.
    very interesting smithers.... very interesting indeed.
    11-14-13 11:44 AM
    I'm still super skeptical about the Play Store thing. They could just start blacklisting them again in the more stable builds.
    Yeah this could have been an internal test that was never meant to see the "world" (as most leaks are). BlackBerry might be negoiating with Google, and might this might be present in all future 10.2.1.xxx version and hopefull a future official 10.2.1.xxx release. Or they may have no intention (as they have said) of going this direction, and we may never see this truly unlocked runtime again.... thus 10.2.1.1055 might end up being the daily driver for many for a long time.
    11-14-13 12:01 PM
    But Google play does not work on 1055 as far as I read. So what does this mean to be white listed, and why does it matter if Google play can't be loaded/sideloaded and function.
    11-14-13 01:54 PM
    even after a reboot?
    Just tested on Q10 with com.android.vending-4.4.21.apk

It installs but does not work when launched.

Will try other versions and get back if something works.
    11-14-13 02:02 PM
    But Google play does not work on 1055 as far as I read. So what does this mean to be white listed, and why does it matter if Google play can't be loaded/sideloaded and function.
    It's an indication that there has been some attempt to make it work meaning there is a good chance that we will see a build on which it DOES work... in the future.
    11-14-13 02:25 PM
    And this means what to a novice like me? BlackBerry just came out and directly said GP isn't happening
    Posted via CB10
    Read their lips....
    11-14-13 04:38 PM
    Sounds like BBRY is avoiding the issue, and putting the onus of potential legal and moral complication squarely on users, not themselves.
    Openly providing users with enablers, while themselves turning away from the issue, i.e., "use if at your own risk". Very BBRY-like cunning attitude.
    What did they become of
    I just cannot imagine any other company even consider doing these kinds of things without at least some kind of agreement with the other.
    However....
    I am really hoping that this recent culture/phenomenon will be rectified with a new set of incoming management, who would hopefully face the challenge squarely, and succeed (and fast). Really....
    11-14-13 06:16 PM
    I just checked the latest Android runtime from latest leak 10.2.1.1055 and found quite interesting piece... In previous version Google Play Store (billing service identified by com.android.vending.billing.MarketBillingService.B IND was blacklisted). Now I found that in the system main framework there's a whitelist of Google Play Store. It whitelists the obvious package "com.android.vending", signed with Google release keys to escalate it with required privileges (ALLOWED_IN_APP_BILLING & ALLOWED_SYSTEM_PRIV). Decompile it yourself and you'll see. It's all there.

Code:
    .class public final Lcom/qnx/internal/installer/PrivilegedApplications;
    .super Ljava/lang/Object;
    .source "PrivilegedApplications.java"

# static fields
    .field public static final ALLOWED_IN_APP_BILLING:[Landroid/content/pm/PackageParser$Package;

.field public static final ALLOWED_SYSTEM_PRIV:[Landroid/content/pm/PackageParser$Package;

.field static final sGoogleVending:Landroid/content/pm/PackageParser$Package;

# direct methods
    .method static constructor <clinit>()V
        .registers 6

.prologue
        const/4 v5, 0x1

const/4 v4, 0x0

.line 28
        new-instance v0, Landroid/content/pm/PackageParser$Package;

const-string v1, "com.android.vending"

invoke-direct {v0, v1}, Landroid/content/pm/PackageParser$Package;-><init>(Ljava/lang/String;)V

sput-object v0, Lcom/qnx/internal/installer/PrivilegedApplications;->sGoogleVending:Landroid/content/pm/PackageParser$Package;

.line 30
        sget-object v0, Lcom/qnx/internal/installer/PrivilegedApplications;->sGoogleVending:Landroid/content/pm/PackageParser$Package;

new-array v1, v5, [Landroid/content/pm/Signature;

new-instance v2, Landroid/content/pm/Signature;

const-string v3, "308204433082032ba003020102020900c2e08746644a308d300..." # trimmed

invoke-direct {v2, v3}, Landroid/content/pm/Signature;-><init>(Ljava/lang/String;)V

aput-object v2, v1, v4

iput-object-quick v1, v0, field@0x4c

.line 34
        new-array v0, v5, [Landroid/content/pm/PackageParser$Package;

sget-object v1, Lcom/qnx/internal/installer/PrivilegedApplications;->sGoogleVending:Landroid/content/pm/PackageParser$Package;

aput-object v1, v0, v4

sput-object v0, Lcom/qnx/internal/installer/PrivilegedApplications;->ALLOWED_SYSTEM_PRIV:[Landroid/content/pm/PackageParser$Package;

.line 38
        new-array v0, v5, [Landroid/content/pm/PackageParser$Package;

sget-object v1, Lcom/qnx/internal/installer/PrivilegedApplications;->sGoogleVending:Landroid/content/pm/PackageParser$Package;

aput-object v1, v0, v4

sput-object v0, Lcom/qnx/internal/installer/PrivilegedApplications;->ALLOWED_IN_APP_BILLING:[Landroid/content/pm/PackageParser$Package;

.line 41
        return-void
    .end method

.method public constructor <init>()V
        .registers 1

.prologue
        .line 11
        invoke-object-init/range {p0 .. p0}, Ljava/lang/Object;-><init>()V

return-void
    .end method
    Round two, fight...
    That's just for in-app billing, right? Pretty sure that's actually been announced
    11-14-13 10:51 PM
    Does this mean my phone will have malware soon? is norton antivirus porting over to blackberry?

jokes, just wanted to be in on this thread early.
    Um, not really a joke. I have the port of Norton Utilities for Android running...

CB10 � 10.2.0.1047 � Crack-a-lackin'!
    11-14-13 10:55 PM
    very interesting smithers.... very interesting indeed.
    Now if they'll just "Release the hounds..."
    11-14-13 11:28 PM
    Does anyone know where to get the com.android.providers.downloads.ui APK file? I think this (along with google services) is needed to launch the Play Store properly.
    11-15-13 09:17 AM
    Does this mean that Blackberry previously chose to blacklist Google services so that Blackberry users can't get access to Google services?

Therefore you CAN use maps and youtube, but CANNOT login?

Google permission was not needed all along and Blackberry was the one blocking Google?

And so to get Google services to work, all Blackberry has to do is to remove the restriction?
    11-24-13 04:09 AM
41 12