Has there been any news on Google Maps coming to BB 10?

I saw a video of Google Maps navigation (the android ported version) running on a Dev Alpha device but other than that, nothing...

I really really need the public transportation integration! As far as I know no other map service offers it other than Google Maps and Bing Maps (Playbook only).
    12-14-12 05:48 PM
    I saw a strange screenshot a while back that showed the ability to switch the mapping data from Google to Bing, LeafLet, or OpenLayers, the latter two I've never heard of.

Adding Maps to your BlackBerry WebWorks Applications | RapidBerry

Turns out they are libraries for integration into apps. However the screenshot seems to be showing a search for "nearby pubs", which I assume would be an internal search from Blackberries own app, with results showing in Bing and Google... interesting?
    12-14-12 05:54 PM
    In one of the recent demo videos, the person goes into Blackberry World. Near the top of Blackberry World, it looks there is a Featured App section and it showed the current BB Google Maps icon and said 'GPS using Google Maps'. Perhaps that is something? I can't find the video right now.
    12-14-12 07:01 PM
    Google is building limited working versions of apps for BB10. Google+, Google Analytics, Google Search. I was speaking to a google rep at the enterprise road show. I asked if Google was building for windows phone 8 and they said no, the official statement is its not worth their resources with such a low user base. I asked for Blackberry 10, he said they will be building a lot of business apps, because many companies that suscribe to google services are upgrading their lines to BB10. I asked what about for consumers, his comment was that he can't say. He says at minimum we will have all the android ports that are compatible with BB10, which i checked only google plus and google search are compatible. (and not the cool google search with voice recog.) I hope they go and build native bb10 google apps.
    DisturbedRocks31 likes this.
    12-14-12 08:01 PM
    I am a android user right now, so i use a lot of Google services. I could probably do without most as long as they have you tube and maps. I really need those.
    12-15-12 09:31 AM
    Thanks mrmartis!

@dd0yl3 Apps are never better than the real thing!
    12-15-12 09:46 AM
    Based on what I've read in other parts of the forum, BB10 maps are supposed to be awesome.
    12-16-12 12:18 PM
    Having played with the upcoming BB Maps app.. i would confirm that it's pretty good, the software we see on the dev alphas are purposely cut down versions of the OS
    12-16-12 01:50 PM
    Do they have transit integration?
    12-16-12 04:26 PM
    In one of the recent demo videos, the person goes into Blackberry World. Near the top of Blackberry World, it looks there is a Featured App section and it showed the current BB Google Maps icon and said 'GPS using Google Maps'. Perhaps that is something? I can't find the video right now.
    that is an app using google api. It is available for the playbook. the developer probably just updated to BB10, but it is not Google Maps or developed by google.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk
    12-16-12 06:45 PM
    Here is the YouTube video showing Google Maps for BB10 :
    But this is the one side loaded. I'm trying to find the BlackBerry World demo that showcased the icon.
    12-16-12 09:11 PM
    I saw a strange screenshot a while back that showed the ability to switch the mapping data from Google to Bing, LeafLet, or OpenLayers, the latter two I've never heard of.

Adding Maps to your BlackBerry WebWorks Applications | RapidBerry

Turns out they are libraries for integration into apps. However the screenshot seems to be showing a search for "nearby pubs", which I assume would be an internal search from Blackberries own app, with results showing in Bing and Google... interesting?
    Which code/text editor did he used to create the app ? The text editor looks really awesome. Want to use it too

Edit; asked the dev: Sublime Text
    12-17-12 10:54 AM