I just read this article on the verge and I'm a bit worried. What this means for BlackBerry 10 users ?
    12-14-12 03:18 PM
    not sure... but i think if you are on BIS still, you don't have to worry about anything.
    12-14-12 03:20 PM
    it means i'll be moving over to outlook.com

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    kbz1960 likes this.
    12-14-12 05:54 PM
    My company is not upgrading to BES 10.(Boo) And infact are also drop ms exchange for google gmail for corporate. Will bb10 work with gmail for mail, calender and memopad? Corporate wants us to get android phones(yuck) but we all have BB now and some want to stay with BB. What are the limitations to using gmail on BB10? Does anyone know yet? What will and won't work?
    ctuffy likes this.
    12-15-12 01:00 PM
    And so their walled garden strategy begins.
    12-15-12 03:07 PM
    I think that if BlackBerry 10 is up to spec, they'll be supporting CalDAV and CardDAV.

CardDAV is an address book client/server protocol designed to allow users to access and share contact data on a server.
    The CardDAV protocol was developed by the IETF and has been published as RFC 6352 in August 2011 by Apple employee Cyrus Daboo.[1] CardDAV is based on WebDAV, which is based on HTTP, and it uses vCard for contact data.[2]
    12-15-12 09:00 PM
    And so their walled garden strategy begins.
    Trying my best to stay out of das Greich. Still got Gmail but if they hinder me on that I'm dropping it.
    12-16-12 12:12 PM
    RIM has already confirmed that the PlayBook and BB10 already support CalDav and CardDav. The change shouldn't affect BlackBerry at all.
    12-16-12 01:18 PM
    hey everyone,
    I tried to test setting up CardDAV for my gmail on my PlayBook, but no go. Anyone had success setting it up?

Thanks,
    12-16-12 02:46 PM
    BB10 should support it but if Goog F around I'll close my accounts no problem jump on something else but clearly the battles are beginning.
    Last edited by RECOOL; 12-16-12 at 04:48 PM.
    12-16-12 02:52 PM
    I'm in the process of doing just that. I've got Outlook to PB complete but I'm trying to get Outlook calendar to my BB.

Any hints?
    12-16-12 04:34 PM
    I'm in the process of doing just that. I've got Outlook to PB complete but I'm trying to get Outlook calendar to my BB.

Any hints?
    None, but please let me know if you get the answer. i can get my outlook contacts to sync, but not calendar.
    12-16-12 05:11 PM
    None, but please let me know if you get the answer. i can get my outlook contacts to sync, but not calendar.
    I'm in the same boat...I just can't get my BB calendar to update the PB and Outlook.

Then its see ya Google...piece of crap... lol
    12-16-12 05:31 PM
    I'm in the same boat...I just can't get my BB calendar to update the PB and Outlook.

Then its see ya Google...piece of crap... lol
    i got my outlook calendar to sync, however it's wired through BBDM. if someone has an alternative it would be greatly appreciated.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9700 using Tapatalk
    12-16-12 11:39 PM
    I think that if BlackBerry 10 is up to spec, they'll be supporting CalDAV and CardDAV.
    BB 10 supports CalDAV and CardDAV. You can find it at Advanced setting on Account setting.
    12-17-12 01:09 AM
    How is BB10 handling IMAP? Do you have to go through BIS to get IMAP and Push support?
    12-17-12 10:09 AM
    How is BB10 handling IMAP? Do you have to go through BIS to get IMAP and Push support?
    Right now, you don't need to subscribe with BIS or BES. but when bb10 already launching, we'll need to subscribe with BIS or BES.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9360 using Tapatalk
    12-19-12 02:56 AM
    You know this is kinda the last straw for me. . someone has gotta talk me down cause I am pissed and thinking of jumping ship to iOS or Android. I use(d) Google sync. Now no matter what, and yes I have BIS, I cannot/and it will not sync my calendar. I've reset it and down all the stuff recommended, no dice.
    So now, (and as the head of my firm), I am faced with spending money on a virtual exchange service and am still left with the other problems. BBM is essentially dead. Besides I can talk to my employees or txt them. I have the damn black clocks every hour or less (we have 9900's) and that's with all the upgrades.
    Yes I like keys, but this is really bringing me down -- I reset my 9900 at least 10 times a week. I am not a gamer on my phone (txt/email/calendar/phone) -- and with RIM admitting that 7 is at the pinnacle of the service on this old tech -- why should I stay? I need calendaring now and I loathe the idea of paper -- that's why I got this stuff in the first instance. I've had a crashy 7230 to a 10 minute rebooting 7290; a loose key 9700, (and 4 replacement 9700s), a useless freeze-a-rama 9800, and now my crash prone 9900. Don't tell me to just wait -- I've waited enough. Tell me why I should stay with BB in light of this latest slap in the tech face.
    12-19-12 11:29 AM
    My company is not upgrading to BES 10.(Boo) And infact are also drop ms exchange for google gmail for corporate. Will bb10 work with gmail for mail, calender and memopad? Corporate wants us to get android phones(yuck) but we all have BB now and some want to stay with BB. What are the limitations to using gmail on BB10? Does anyone know yet? What will and won't work?

this only affects users with free accounts. you campany will be paying so you will still get it on those accounts.
    12-19-12 11:38 AM
    You know this is kinda the last straw for me. . someone has gotta talk me down cause I am pissed and thinking of jumping ship to iOS or Android. I use(d) Google sync. Now no matter what, and yes I have BIS, I cannot/and it will not sync my calendar. I've reset it and down all the stuff recommended, no dice.
    So now, (and as the head of my firm), I am faced with spending money on a virtual exchange service and am still left with the other problems. BBM is essentially dead. Besides I can talk to my employees or txt them. I have the damn black clocks every hour or less (we have 9900's) and that's with all the upgrades.
    Yes I like keys, but this is really bringing me down -- I reset my 9900 at least 10 times a week. I am not a gamer on my phone (txt/email/calendar/phone) -- and with RIM admitting that 7 is at the pinnacle of the service on this old tech -- why should I stay? I need calendaring now and I loathe the idea of paper -- that's why I got this stuff in the first instance. I've had a crashy 7230 to a 10 minute rebooting 7290; a loose key 9700, (and 4 replacement 9700s), a useless freeze-a-rama 9800, and now my crash prone 9900. Don't tell me to just wait -- I've waited enough. Tell me why I should stay with BB in light of this latest slap in the tech face.

Dude deep breaths........

now no one is going to tell you to stay but i will help you in the small ways i can. jumping to IOS will not help you they are in the same boat. I would jump to Andriod atm then when BB10 launches come back take a look. it is shaping up to be pretty awesome. Me personally i have had zero issues with my BB but i deal with a lot of users that have. you may find happiness on another platform you may not give it a try maybe you'll be back
    12-19-12 11:43 AM
    The more Google tightens things down, closes people out, and copies other peoples IP, the more attention they will get from the Justice Department for potential becoming to much of a monopoly. Ask Microsoft how copying other peoples IP and then trying to put everyone out of business with it eventually caught up with them.
    12-19-12 04:09 PM
    And I was looking into Google Enterprise as one rep said yes you would get to sync your calendar via BB. Of course that's an extrapolation -- she said it in clipped short answers which to me meant she was a) angry about this question; b) an id--t; c) both.
    A better rep emailed me this:
    "Thank you for calling Enterprise Support. You wanted to know if you could synchronize your Google Calendar with your BlackBerry device.
    As of September 1, 2012, Google Sync is no longer available for BlackBerry devices. You should be able to sync Calendar, Contacts and Gmail through the BIS service for BlackBerry. RIM customer support or your carrier should be able to provide more information and support. Further information about this change can be found at Google Sync for BlackBerry End of Life - Google Apps Help.
    I did find a third party product that may be able to help you synchronize your Google Calendar, but I cannot guarantee that it will work and for support you should contact the team responsible for the product. The application is called GCALSYNC, and can be found at http://www.gcalsync.com/."

Now as my angry post ranted -- the BIS thing has never worked for me -- why? I dunno . .anyone wanna take a crack at that one? As for gcalsync -- well I tried it for a day or two, but as it's experimental/open source, dates can be off by like 12 hours or so. . making it useless.

I'm on day 2 of OfficeCalendar online -- so far so good. As a business I can justify the expense and maybe deduct it too; but what a hassle!
    12-19-12 06:07 PM
    Let me rephrase my complaint to suggest the obvious -- I am upset that my use of free exchange like software is being curtailed by a company who wants to make money on its own platform and not help its rivals.
    12-21-12 03:31 PM