I'm in the UK, using a Q10, on Three (no 10.2.1 yet!).

The problem I'm having with the BlackBerry Browser is that when I do a search using the address box it uses google.COM as the search engine. I'm aware I can change it to Bing, Yahoo!, or DuckDuckGo.

The problem is that it uses the USA version of Google which is pretty useless to me for about half of the searches.
    * Websites are USA and ".com" biased;
    * Products are in US Dollars;
    * Places are skewed to the USA (most importantly Cambridge, MA, NOT Cambridge, United Kingdom, where I live).

So, does anyone know how to edit the search engines. I've managed to add DuckDuckGo but it's not for me either. I added it by going to the website, pressing the "..." overflow, then "+". This option doesn't present itself on Google.CO.UK.

Any ideas? I have set Google.co.uk as my home page but that's not the best fix either as the quickest way to search is using the address bar, if it could use the right Google.

P.S. I am absolutely, positively, not logging in to Google as a possible fix to this so that they know where I am and which region of search results to present, but also save and track everything I do.

Posted via CB10
    01-30-14 10:57 AM
    I'm in the UK, using a Q10, on Three (no 10.2.1 yet!).

The problem I'm having with the BlackBerry Browser is that when I do a search using the address box it uses google.COM as the search engine. I'm aware I can change it to Bing, Yahoo!, or DuckDuckGo.

The problem is that it uses the USA version of Google which is pretty useless to me for about half of the searches.
    * Websites are USA and ".com" biased;
    * Products are in US Dollars;
    * Places are skewed to the USA (most importantly Cambridge, MA, NOT Cambridge, United Kingdom, where I live).

So, does anyone know how to edit the search engines. I've managed to add DuckDuckGo but it's not for me either. I added it by going to the website, pressing the "..." overflow, then "+". This option doesn't present itself on Google.CO.UK.

Any ideas? I have set Google.co.uk as my home page but that's not the best fix either as the quickest way to search is using the address bar, if it could use the right Google.

P.S. I am absolutely, positively, not logging in to Google as a possible fix to this so that they know where I am and which region of search results to present, but also save and track everything I do.

Posted via CB10
    Hi there
    Are you still experiencing this problem? Is there any way to set the location from within Google UK?
    02-02-14 06:37 AM
    SOLUTION FOUND
    (and by accident on another thread)!

Chanlion mentioned in the comments for the recent article about browser top ten tips about mycroftproject.com.

I'd given up with the browser's search box and waited for the Google.co.uk website to load until this little tip came my way.

1) Go to said website, search for Google.co.uk
    2) In the results look for "Major Engines"
    3) Google.co.uk should be there (around the 14th position in my search after lots of other Google sub sites).
    N.B. I had a choice of 4 presented and chose the SSL one. (That's https right?)

I'm so pleased this search feature now exists on my browser bar now. I'd given up using the bar for searching as the results from Google were always biased towards USA results (and I live in Cambridge, UK so Cambridge, MA results were obviously even more unhelpful!).

Thanks again to Chanlion for pointing this out!

Posted via CB10
    05-02-14 04:51 PM