I looked and haven't been able to find the answer in the forums so I'm going to ask. If someone has the answer to this from another post just link it there and I'll go look.

Anyway, how is BB10 going to work with Google Apps (gmail, calendar, contacts)?

My company is moving to Google for PIM and document sharing (GDrive). We don't know the full extent for Canada as our systems are drastically different than what was seup in the US. Our US parent moved this year and they have basically decommissioned their BES. They've moved to BYOD (had already started before the move to Google) with obvious pointing towards an Android device since it will provide the best integration for their users.

We still have our BES here in Canada. I haven't checked with our Email team if we are upgrading to BES10 to fully support BB10. For our Android/iOS needs we are currently using Lotus Traveler.

Assuming that we upgrade to BES10, will Google Apps sync with the BES and/or BB10. On the website for the Google transition for our company, they list that BB is not supported beyond mail since Google shut down the BB sync app earlier this year. Obviously this is for current gen BB phones.

Any thoughts?

Thanks!

#bb10ftw
    10-23-12 06:51 PM
    Does Google Apps work with ActiveSync? I would have thought it did, since Gmail does now, right? If so, BB10 would just inherit those capabilities from the PlayBook OS PIM service, so it should just work.
    10-23-12 06:53 PM
    That's what I thought too. I guess maybe the question I should ask is do we know how Google Apps will work with BES10?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk. RIP Torch 9860
    10-23-12 07:05 PM
    Probably how ever your BES admin sets it up
    10-23-12 07:13 PM
    If the new handsets have the same PIM set as the playbook then there would be no need for a BES server in order to use Google apps accounts as they support activesync natively. I would expect BES would only be required if a companies corporate email is hidden behind firewalls etc.
    10-24-12 01:55 AM