I'm a long time Blackberry user, have owned 5 since the Pearl 8100. But it's time to jump off the sinking ship. I've had a Q10 for 4 months now, really trying to make it work. I know most of you will disagree with what I'm about to say but...

Main reasons I'm leaving: keyboard shortcuts, speed dial, trackpad, BIS, and hardware keys are no longer there.

By ignoring the hardware keyboard and hardware keys, there is NOTHING that makes the blackberry special anymore. It's just like every other phone, without the apps and widgets.

I would've been happy with a faster 9900 and still been touting how great blackberry is, but now they are a dead product.

I'm getting a Samsung Galaxy Note 2 after trying one out when a fellow passenger had one on a recent flight. With the Galaxy Note, it's has a big enough screen that the soft keyboard typing isn't an issue at all vs hardware.

The unique advantage blackberry had with their hardware key shortcuts is no more and so it's time to move on. Their reliable email delivery is gone with BIS being unavailable.

It's just not an efficient device anymore.

Whoever their product manager is made some very poor design decisions with bb10 from the start. Software you can change, hardware, that's a bold move to remove something people are used to.

Posted via CB10
    09-13-13 06:02 PM
    Bye.

Posted via CB10
    09-13-13 06:05 PM
    Sorry to see you leave but it's funny the things you mentioned are actually the top things I wanted gone.
    Trackpad always broke, BIS slowed down normal internet browsing and the hardware keys just took up space that could be used for extra screen sizes.
    If everyone's ditched the trackpad there must be a good reason but I guess there's people that love it that much.

Hopefully you'll be back when the Z30 comes out.
    mkelley65 likes this.
    09-13-13 06:07 PM
    Yeah the BIS was a double edge sword. People complained about browsing experience being slow and the outages.

You said unreliable email, how would the note be better since email would be delivered the same way?

Keyboard shortcut I will give to you but I switched to the z10 and an loving the virtual keyboard, now when I type on my wife's S4 I make so many miatakes.

Posted via CB10
    09-13-13 06:18 PM
    So instead of going back to BIS device you go for a device like the note to consume even MORE DATA? The logic is strong...

Posted via CB10
    09-13-13 06:22 PM
    Sorry to hear that you're not happy. But bye and hope you enjoy your new phone.

Posted via CB10
    09-13-13 06:24 PM
    Nooooooo, don't goooooooo....

....and waste any more of our time; peace!

Posted via CB10
    Undbiter65 and mujahid 10 like this.
    09-13-13 06:28 PM
    Well I guess it has been a while since one of these posts....
    09-13-13 06:32 PM
    Yeah the BIS was a double edge sword. People complained about browsing experience being slow and the outages.

You said unreliable email, how would the note be better since email would be delivered the same way?

Keyboard shortcut I will give to you but I switched to the z10 and an loving the virtual keyboard, now when I type on my wife's S4 I make so many miatakes.

Posted via CB10
    Email is unreliable if I stay on blackberry or not. So nothing to keep me on the platform, I guess that was kind of my point.

I'm ok with just email via BIS and everything else via normal data. BIS + email was critical and worked great, web browsing didn't need to run through BIS.

I had concerns about the software keyboard, but the Note 2 has a big enough screen that I had very few typos after only 30 minutes of using it.

Posted via CB10
    09-13-13 06:41 PM
    So instead of going back to BIS device you go for a device like the note to consume even MORE DATA? The logic is strong...

Posted via CB10
    I can't go back now, the 9900 doesn't have all the apps I need. I will keep one for international travel to get unlimited email when out of the country, but that's it.

And I fail to see how the Note 2 consumes more data than a bb10 device. If it does, I'm surprised by that. If anything bb10 consumes slightly more because of its email signup that runs through blackberry servers, where android doesn't.

Posted via CB10
    09-13-13 06:44 PM
    Funny you didn't even bother trying the Z10.

Posted via CB10
    09-13-13 06:44 PM
    Ciao!

Posted via CB10
    09-13-13 06:46 PM
    I don't understand the concept of being annoyed because of too much change and then going all the way in the other direction, just don't go burning your bridges too much so you'll be too embarrassed to come back to blackberry

Posted via CB10
    Email is unreliable if I stay on blackberry or not. So nothing to keep me on the platform, I guess that was kind of my point.

I'm ok with just email via BIS and everything else via normal data. BIS + email was critical and worked great, web browsing didn't need to run through BIS.

I had concerns about the software keyboard, but the Note 2 has a big enough screen that I had very few typos after only 30 minutes of using it.

Posted via CB10
    Sorry. You have no idea about what you are talking about. You must be a software engineer out of a job.

Posted via CB10
    Funny you didn't even bother trying the Z10.

Posted via CB10
    I did, bought it day 1 when it came out on tmobile. And returned it 5 days later.

I was a die hard blackberry fan until bb10.

Posted via CB10
    Well I don't understand. What you don't like about BB10 other than the loss of BIS.(in terms of the Z10 not hardware keyboard. )

Posted via CB10
    lee_michael_f92 likes this.
    09-13-13 06:48 PM
    Well I don't understand. What you don't like about BB10 other than the loss of BIS.(in terms of the Z10 not hardware keyboard. )

Posted via CB10
    That's the thing, it's not that I don't like it. It's that there is nothing special about it. Whatever uniqueness it had is gone. So why stick with a platform that has nothing unique AND less apps/widgets.

I'm going to a phone that offers something unique, extra that helps me be more productive. Note 2 has the s-pen and the split screen apps.

I just hope someone in BlackBerry product management reads this. I may come back, but not with the phones as they are now.

Posted via CB10
    xanadome likes this.
    09-13-13 06:53 PM
    Well that's not what you were complaining about in the original post.... uniqueness was not one them lol

Posted via CB10
    09-13-13 06:55 PM
    That's the thing, it's not that I don't like it. It's that there is nothing special about it. Whatever uniqueness it had is gone. So why stick with a platform that has nothing unique AND less apps/widgets.

I'm going to a phone that offers something unique, extra that helps me be more productive. Note 2 has the s-pen and the split screen apps.

I just hope someone in BlackBerry product management reads this. I may come back, but not with the phones as they are now.

Posted via CB10
    Bye already. You don't have to justify your choice. Just enjoy your choice. Speak to the hand.

Posted via CB10
    09-13-13 06:56 PM
    They do have the Z30 coming which is 5 inches. I don't think a S pen is needed, it's not as big as a bus yet.

Posted via CB10
    09-13-13 06:56 PM
    Did the OP tried the how to section when it came to the Q10?
    09-13-13 06:57 PM
    You're still here? Please go away.

Bye.

Ciao.

Kapooof.

Posted via CB10
    djdragon likes this.
    09-13-13 06:58 PM
    Just for the record...I'm staying.

Posted via the best Keyboard in Existence my Mo Fo Z10
    09-13-13 06:59 PM
    I don't understand the concept of being annoyed because of too much change and then going all the way in the other direction, just don't go burning your bridges too much so you'll be too embarrassed to come back to blackberry

Posted via CB10
    I'm not going in the opposite direction. Android is what bb10 wants to be. Look at the CEO using an android phone during development of bb10. Using the note 2 showed me that it's not much of a leap from bb10 to android now, especially since there are no hardware keys. In fact, bb10 made that transition easier.

I'm not embarrassed to come back if they have a good unique offering, but the reality is that they don't right now. Unfortunately.

Posted via CB10
    gillaz likes this.
    09-13-13 07:04 PM
    Did the OP tried the how to section when it came to the Q10?
    What was I missing?

I think I've learned every nook and cranny of this phone. Even going so far as programming my own nfc tags to try and make things more efficient and usable.

Posted via CB10
    09-13-13 07:05 PM
109 123 ...