So are we getting good on bb10 or not?
    11-26-15 12:43 PM
    I'm not quite sure what you mean!

Rock'n the awesome Z30 STA100-5 on 10.3.2.2474
    11-26-15 05:39 PM
    Good for enterprise app. Will it come to bb10?
    early2bed likes this.
    11-26-15 07:29 PM
    I don't even know what that is, so can't tell you.

Rock'n the awesome Z30 STA100-5 on 10.3.2.2474
    11-26-15 10:25 PM
    I doubt they will spend any resources bringing it to BB10.
    11-26-15 10:52 PM
    Considering they own it, I hope you are wrong. That would be blackberry admitting bb10 is a lost cause.
    11-27-15 12:36 AM
    I doubt they will spend any resources bringing it to BB10.
    So they won't spend any resources on bringing an enterprise app to an enterprise OS (BB10) from a company BlackBerry owns?

Posted via CB10
    11-27-15 12:54 AM
    Good for E is primarily focused on MDM of iOS and what BES10/12 lacked there, it will now support. Why would you need Good for E on BB10 when you have BES already?

All the clients I manage, who were considering Good for E, opted for BES12 instead after learning BlackBerry bought G4E

Posted via CB10
    David Tyler likes this.
    11-27-15 04:19 AM
    Good for E is primarily focused on MDM of iOS and what BES10/12 lacked there, it will now support. Why would you need Good for E on BB10 when you have BES already?

All the clients I manage, who were considering Good for E, opted for BES12 instead after learning BlackBerry bought G4E

Posted via CB10
    So how do I get my work emails on my bb10 device when my company has no blackberry support?
    11-27-15 11:30 AM
    So how do I get my work emails on my bb10 device when my company has no blackberry support?
    The unfortunate consequence of being on a legacy / boutique OS.

Most people have been forced to move on already. At least now we have the Priv to consider. I have one and it's awesome.
    11-27-15 11:36 AM
    That is what I thought. So back to my original thought, that blackberry should give us a native good app or admit they are killing bb10.

As far as the priv is concerned, if bb owns good and will not give me an app for it on my bb10 then I am done with them. I bought a galaxy s6 several months ago because I needed good for work. I would have replaced it with a bb classic this weekend if I could get my work emails on it but if they won't even give me that when they now own the company, then screw them.
    11-27-15 11:46 AM
    That is what I thought. So back to my original thought, that blackberry should give us a native good app or admit they are killing bb10.
    I think they have been as straight forward as common sense would allow. They have stated that BB10 would be supported going forward with security and maintenance patches.
    11-27-15 11:50 AM
    There are probably over 1M unsold BB10 phones that BB is still hoping to sell and at least recover most of their production costs on. If they were to officially announce that BB10 was dead, they'd have to write off a quarter billion dollars. I don't know about you, but most people don't like to throw away a quarter billion dollars. Of course, that's just a part of what they would lose by announcing the death of BB10 today - they'd also lose a lot of BES revenue, and smaller amounts of other revenues.

But BB has still made it quite clear for anyone who is really paying attention that BB10 is finished. Yes, it will still have "extended support" for another year, with a patch in early spring and probably another in late fall of 2016, but it's otherwise done. There aren't going to be any new devices, though it's possible that they might make another small run of an existing device - much like they did for the 9900 last year - if they run out and enterprise customers demand them. I see that as less likely, though, as BES can already support other phones - the kind that such customers would likely end up moving to anyway.

You can maintain your hope for future BB10 devices if you like, but there is simply no business case for making any, and lots of business reasons not to. The quality of the OS itself is irrelevant. BB10 has never made a single penny in net profit, and BB is tired of losing money and value to support it.
    Spectrum90 likes this.
    11-27-15 01:56 PM
    I never expressed hope for future bb10 devices. I only want good for enterprise on bb10 which is reasonable considering they now own the company. If they cannot even do that for existing customers then screw them, they don't deserve my loyalty.
    11-27-15 04:12 PM
    Pardon, but since when is your business using Good for E? Did you ask BlackBerry themselves (or Good by BlackBerry) if there will be a client for BB10? I'd expect the answer will and would (but, also, should) be no Why fuss over Good? Is your Exchange locked down so you can't use EAS in any other way? Ask your IT to run a BES12 trial and use you as their guinea pig

Posted via CB10
    11-27-15 05:22 PM
    We have been using good for close to 2 years. We used to have bb. My last work bb was a bold. We never had bb10. Then 2 years ago they got rid of all blackberries and our IT dept has no interest in using them.

Is there any way aside from good for me to get work emails onto a phone?

Sorry, but i think it is a kick in the teeth for bb not to give us good.
    11-27-15 08:16 PM
    So they won't spend any resources on bringing an enterprise app to an enterprise OS (BB10) from a company BlackBerry owns?

Posted via CB10
    No. They are not going to waste time adding anymore functionality or support for BB10 other than what currently exists.
    11-27-15 08:25 PM
    Is there any way aside from good for me to get work emails onto a phone?
    That depends on what your work IT dept is willing the support.

Sorry, but i think it is a kick in the teeth for bb not to give us good.
    But wouldn't it be a kick in the shareholders' teeth to spend money on something that isn't in their long term plans?
    11-27-15 08:28 PM

As far as the priv is concerned, if bb owns good and will not give me an app for it on my bb10 then I am done with them. I bought a galaxy s6 several months ago because I needed good for work. I would have replaced it with a bb classic this weekend if I could get my work emails on it but if they won't even give me that when they now own the company, then screw them.
    Look. They have all but said that there is no future in BB10. They will "support" what is there, but no more work will be done on the OS. I don't know why people think otherwise. I have already expressed my disappointment about BlackBerry's plans for BB10 with all my contacts at BlackBerry. They are neither an enterprise or consumer company. They are all over the place with what they are trying to do. There is no focus. And even now, their MDM solution in BES12 is weak compared to what I have been demoing.

Compare BES12

Good for bb10?-lsh1408376505623_lowres_en-us.jpg

and Cisco Meraki

Good for bb10?-meraki-mdm.jpg

They don't even have a good vision of their software vision for the company.

BTW: The Cicso Meraki is free up to 100 users. As a MDM solution, how can BES12 even compete now?
    11-27-15 08:34 PM
    Cisco Meraki MDM is good but lacks in granularity provided by BES12.

Posted via CB10
    11-28-15 09:17 AM
    Cisco Meraki MDM is good but lacks in granularity provided by BES12.

Posted via CB10
    I have BES12 and testing out Cisco Meraki MDM and it BES12 falls behind for what is needed. Do you want to give some examples of the granularity that is missing?
    11-28-15 03:22 PM
    I convinced a number of people to buy BlackBerry 10 and download BBM. I'm now thinking to myself, what have I done? This company cares more for its shareholders than their customers. That might have worked when they were the top dog but they are not anymore. The priv has 18 months max before they realize they won't be able to syphon off enough money to give to their shareholders. The Priv is dead.

As much as I have started to dislike Chen, I'm starting to hate myself more for giving this company Patronage and so much positive praise in my social circles over the years. I like BlackBerry 10 but I'm sincerely starting to hate the company.

Thank you and f'/-" you Chen, shareholders and board of directors. Stop hurting yourselves with your idiotic decisions. Have a freaking long term vision for once in the life of this company. Do the decent thing.

Remember when the PlayBook getting BlackBerry 10 was cancelled? I was fine with that. A lot of people weren't though. One of those people was my father who bought it with the knowledge that it was going to get the update. It didn't. He refused to get BlackBerry 10. How many other potential customers did you scare away? Bad faith?

Remember putting the for sale sign up after the release of the Q10? I do. I was upset but it didn't bother me too much at that time. I had faith in you guys. I had faith in the company. However, how many potential customers did you scare away with that move? You hurt your own investment. Whoever made that decision should have their name in the dictionary next to ID I OT.

Remember that time everyone who bought a z10 and a z30 wanted a new all touch z50 device? I do. What did you guys do instead? Release two niche devices that no one asked for. You guys thought the real reason your phones weren't selling was because they didn't have a track pad. I'm laughing at the absurdity. How many new potential customers did you scare away with that move? Might have convinced one OS 7 user to switch. I feel sorry for him. Poor guy doesn't know much about technology and only reason he bought it is because he hates change and his old phone had a battery issue.

When those people on OS 7 looked at the competition though, were they going to go for the new iPhone without a keyboard or go for more of the same with BlackBerry's offerings? Yet, again, a lost opportunity to sell to both established BlackBerry 10 customers and legacy users by not offering Z50 with BlackBerry 10. Would not even take many televised advertisement showing you're right up there with your competitors. Could have not made one acquisition of xyz company to cover the costs. But, no, even you guys don't believe in BlackBerry 10. You just want the company to look good in the event a potential buyers drives by the office. Everyone in this company wants to cash out for a quick buck.

But that was okay. I forgave you. You had a plan, I thought. However, you, again, hurt your own investment. Why spend the money in the first place if you are going to waste all the work you spent it on?

Remember you launched the priv running Android? I certainly do. That was the precise moment I quit forgiving. In fact, that was the moment I quit caring about you or your products. Now that you have successfully alienated every customer who has ever purchased a product from you and every developer who has developed for you, now you can get what you want. Close the device business how many people would be surprised at this policy?

Even one of your biggest fans here is having a hard time forgiving you. No wonder Crackberry Kevin dropped the Crackberry from his name. if I were smarter, I would have seen the writing on the wall sooner too.

Thank you and f##� you. You really do deserve it this time. May BlackBerry 10's fate be your future.

Posted via CB10
    jabia likes this.
    11-30-15 07:03 AM
    As we have some projects requiring MDM solutions, I reached out to Good today. They did confirm that they do support BB10 devices now (probably internal tests and/selected customers) and they will roll out this soon...

So, good news and this contradicts some earlier posts here.

Our project requires BB10 support for us to consider Good and not BES.

Best regards,

Leonardo

Posted via CB10
    app_Developer and LyoobaBerry like this.
    12-07-15 03:21 PM
    As we have some projects requiring MDM solutions, I reached out to Good today. They did confirm that they do support BB10 devices now (probably internal tests and/selected customers) and they will roll out this soon...

So, good news and this contradicts some earlier posts here.

Our project requires BB10 support for us to consider Good and not BES.

Best regards,

Leonardo

Posted via CB10
    Why not BES?
    12-08-15 11:36 AM
    We do also use BES. For this particular one, this client has experience with Good and a multitude of iOS and Android devices. We convinced them to also use BB10 devices as they are cheap, reliable and secure. They did agree but would like to manage them using Good and not yet migrate everything to BES.

:-)

Leo

Posted via CB10
    12-09-15 01:23 AM